* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#4921 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:10 PM

Did you do a trade? I did in the transactions I got negative points, I just didn’t want to immediately assume that was the cause.

#4922 Zimfier   Y-You too... CAGiversary!   136 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:15 PM

I, too, am getting negative points on trade ins.

#4923 Lime  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

I just did a trade in today, $78 worth of trade credit. I only have 3k points, so I cashed out for a $3 coupon since hearing the horror stories of losing points when doing trade ins. I haven't bought anything from Gamestop since last year, so my points total have not moved up since they stopped giving points for trade ins.

#4924 BrokeDude509  

BrokeDude509

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:36 PM

Let us know if your points go negative once the transaction posts. I wouldn’t put it past GS at this point

#4925 IbukiLazuli  

IbukiLazuli

Posted 05 June 2022 - 08:51 PM

Can confirm I also got negative points from a trade in transaction, but just had a chat with support, they couldn't explain why it happened, just said it was a mistake and that they'd credit me back the points that it took and the points that I should have gotten originally

#4926 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2961 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:00 PM

Go to your local store then, or (gasp) pay the shipping. I'm sure everybody has a massive stockpile of a backlog or replay old favorites. Not spending any money is the ultimate cheap!

The promo for 4 for $20 is online only. I think you can do in store pickup if the site functions correctly, but I have not tried this yet.

#4927 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2961 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:03 PM

I can also confirm that I received negative points for a trade I did last week. It appears I got -20 points per dollar of trade in. That is certainly a way to disincentivize trade ins.

Edit: 20 points per dollar spent is the typical, right? So are they just doing a negative transaction in the system without thinking about points?

#4928 IbukiLazuli  

IbukiLazuli

Posted 05 June 2022 - 09:17 PM

I can also confirm that I received negative points for a trade I did last week. It appears I got -20 points per dollar of trade in. That is certainly a way to disincentivize trade ins.

Edit: 20 points per dollar spent is the typical, right? So are they just doing a negative transaction in the system without thinking about points?

Noticed something weird about my transaction after reading this one. Went back and checked the exact numbers again, I got $143 in credit in trade, spent about $105 of it in that same transaction and got about $38 back on a card. The amount of negative points matches up exactly with the 20/dollar on the amount I got back on the card rather than the entire purchase, maybe that has something to do with it?

#4929 I'm Old Now   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   223 Posts   Joined 16.4 Years Ago  

I'm Old Now

Posted 06 June 2022 - 01:12 AM

Yeah I too can confirm I got negative points for doing some trades

#4930 Shugo2540   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   195 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 01:28 AM

Same I lost 10k points after trading yesterday, super odd.

#4931 Montybg  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 02:34 AM

Noticed something weird about my transaction after reading this one. Went back and checked the exact numbers again, I got $143 in credit in trade, spent about $105 of it in that same transaction and got about $38 back on a card. The amount of negative points matches up exactly with the 20/dollar on the amount I got back on the card rather than the entire purchase, maybe that has something to do with it?

This seems like what's going on. I've made several trades and haven't seen a drop, but it has all gone on preorders.

#4932 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:01 AM

My account is 4K in the negative

#4933 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:24 AM

However, keep in mind I haven’t done any trades in a long while. I got docked for what they said is a -10k return.

#4934 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 06 June 2022 - 05:25 AM

Go to your local store then, or (gasp) pay the shipping. I'm sure everybody has a massive stockpile of a backlog or replay old favorites. Not spending any money is the ultimate cheap!

This would be terrific advice if you weren't on a forum dedicated to getting games as cheap as possible. And also if Gamestop stores carried PS3, WiiU, DS, Vita, etc anymore, which they dont. Thank you so much though!!

#4935 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 06 June 2022 - 10:39 AM

Did anyone go in store for the B2G1? Supposedly they have a list and it might have better titles than what you can get online.

#4936 TimTucker   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   806 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

TimTucker

Posted 06 June 2022 - 10:50 AM

This has the same workaround as most free shipping policies at stores that allow B&M returns:

Add something you don't want to your order to pad beyond the free shipping threshold, then return it in store.

#4937 pbfluff   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1051 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for the heads up, I cashed out my 10k of points before trading so to only have a balance of 10 points.

With that said, Vampire didn't trigger boost so I put it towards Ascent which did.

My pro cert never showed up (i assume b/c elite pro), my 5k points from CS did, the rest is under investigation (have an escalation ticket number email from CS)

This morning my points are still 10 pts so I wasn't hit with the negative and the pro trade in boosts are still functional...just PUR cert MIA.

#4938 Lime  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 12:34 PM

Let us know if your points go negative once the transaction posts. I wouldn’t put it past GS at this point

I was not hit by the negative points glitch. I only did a trade and put $5 towards a pre-order of Ascent to get the bonus. Then I cashed out my points after the horror stories of lost points. My points balance is at 124. I'm in the same situation as pbfluff where I did not receive my $5 monthly PUR cert.

#4939 Selltrade  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 12:46 PM

Current Deals

B2G1 on Select Games

Buy 4 Pre-Owned Games ($9.99 or less) for $20

Purchase any 2 Pre-Owned PS5 Games for 20% off on Select Games

Honey is doing a small discount on gift cards when buying from Gamestop. From Xbox, PSN, Steam, Fortnite and others. Double Dip is still working.

PSN Eshop is $1.4 back. Xbox and Fortnite are $1.99 back. Steam is $2.43 for $20 back ending in 5 mintues.

Well changed my flipping strategy and it is working well for me.

#4940 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 06 June 2022 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone encounter any issues under "communication preferences" in their profile? Since I renewed back in October and changed my email, I haven't received any of the promotional/weekly emails. Talked to customer service multiple times to no avail. Last time I tried, they said to go there but it always pulls up "we are having trouble connecting. please try again later." This morning when I asked about it, I was told to create a new account and have my points transferred. :| Is that page bonked for anyone else, or just me?

Guest_gme_*

Posted 06 June 2022 - 03:28 PM

sorry about the increased shipping threshold. some stores like best buy have been cutting out free shipping entirely or they are considering it. due to inflation and rising costs of shipping, gas, store rent, etc. fred at grapevine wanted to get rid of free shipping entirely but i told them that raising it would be a better suggestion so like always they went with my suggestion. this is also why our trade in values haven't been as good lately, we have to be very careful about what we take in and how much we pay because our sales are down tremendously due to the incoming recession. as for the points missing and missing certificates. i have no excuse or explanation for that other than bad programming and gs refusing to upgrade their systems. certificates and point problems have been an issue for years and i don't expect that to go away anytime soon. my suggestion is to use your points asap when you get a good amount built up.

#4942 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 05:49 PM

I can’t think of an insult bad enough….

#4943 Strider Turbulence EX  

Strider Turbulence EX

Posted 06 June 2022 - 08:30 PM

Why is that profile blank?

#4944 FMghost  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 08:40 PM

Junk

#4945 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:23 PM

Why is that profile blank?

Belongs to a user who was banned more than 20 times but keeps coming back.

#4946 davemoseley  

davemoseley

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:25 PM

Sometimes I get down on myself for how I perhaps waste what little free time I have, watching shows or movies I've seen dozens of times before or playing games that are fun for a few hours but don't offer any real benefits, whereas I could be learning a life skill that offers me the freedom and flexibility to only work when I want to. Then I read posts like that, and I figure at least I'm not pissing it away like that guy.

#4947 Z-Saber   moon2S CAGiversary!   7391 Posts   Joined 17.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2022 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, there's a not so fine line between wasting your time on a site like this and wasting it when absolutely no one wants you here.

#4948 Quest4SNES  

Quest4SNES

Posted 07 June 2022 - 12:27 AM

In regards to the new free shipping threshold, we are lucky it still exists period. Gamestop has to be hemorrhaging money on their shipping. I just bought a total of 24 games in the 4/$20 under $9.99 and ive already gotten 9 tracking numbers. They are shipping me 9 (possibly more) packages for $128 (after taxes) money spent with them. Thats insane in my mind.

#4949 Squidfinity  

Squidfinity

Posted 07 June 2022 - 01:23 AM

Mario Strikers was automatically getting the 20% bonus for me today. The person working said that it should have been, and prior to today they had been doing it manually, at least in the eastern CT district area.

#4950 TTAZ  

Posted 07 June 2022 - 01:25 AM

Any good deals for flips?