* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#5251 izembo  

Posted 25 June 2022 - 11:33 PM

Weird question. I have a transaction that went through that, at the time of purchase, I KNOW I used store credit and the difference on credit card X. However, after delivery I realized that the the transaction actually FULLY charged (no store credit used) on to another card I have on file, let's call credit card Y. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

The reason I know for a fact that I initially used store credit and credit card X was the final order page specifically broke down how much was credit and last 4 of credit card X, which I selected.

I'm legitimately at a loss here, as I have e no clue how this happened.

Split payment is often a mess on the website,  even more so if you are doing a preorder.  If you need to do a split payment would always recommend placing the online order in store.

#5252 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 25 June 2022 - 11:44 PM

Found out controllers are still in trade even though the site says they don't take them. Sitting in two grand in controllers. Xbox 360 are $10. $12 after boost.

#5253 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10085 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:10 AM

I can't even put into words the garbage employees that I encountered at two different Gamestops this weekend.  Nonstop lies to the customers.  Two stores with signs on their doors selling ~$950 PS5 bundles.  The third store telling me I'm wrong, that's not true, and their bundle is only $750.  Actually I heard two diff stores engage separate customers inquiring about the PS5 price, pal.  Another store lead told me today that the 2 for $20 t-shirt sale was over on Friday and the next store tells me I am wrong....with their own information.  Actually that was the shop down the street bro. Multiple store leads lying through their teeth about "this is the price mandated from Sony", "we don't mark them up at all," and "this is the very first Pro Day sale since before the pandemic".  Complete imbeciles that drink the kool-aid, lie to their customers constantly, and have no idea what they're talking about.   This was the hard-working, "let's tighten-up-the-ship" crew. 

Give me the first guy in the chair, his feet kicked up, not greeting the customers, watching stand-up comedy on his tablet "N****a this, n****a that" at incredibly high volume, any day of the week.  At least he was real. 

One lead at one of the stores was chewing out his brand new 18-ish female employee, "...we were talking and we saw that you had 54 sales transactions yesterday and ZERO power-up pro memberships sold.  So we thought maybe you didn't know what you were doing and blah blah blah" and proceeded to berate her and instruct her better ways of doing her job.  She looked utterly defeated.  You better start paying your employees more than $10 /hour if you want them to care about any of this corporate mandated bullshit. 

God this company is a complete embarrassment.  I was about to spend another $60-$100 today before I simply walked out on these two assholes. 

Might be the first time I do a survey, ever.  :twoguns:  There is nothing more obnoxious than when an idiot lies while talking down to you.

/rant

#5254 nietzsche74   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1764 Posts   Joined 17.5 Years Ago  

nietzsche74

Posted 26 June 2022 - 02:59 AM

I can confirm that trading anything towards Lego Star Wars does not give you a 30% trade-in bonus.

I repeat: there is NO 30% trade-in bonus when trading towards a new copy of Lego Star Wars. 

#5255 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 26 June 2022 - 06:23 AM

I can't even put into words the garbage employees that I encountered at two different Gamestops this weekend.  Nonstop lies to the customers.  Two stores with signs on their doors selling ~$950 PS5 bundles.  The third store telling me I'm wrong, that's not true, and their bundle is only $750.  Actually I heard two diff stores engage separate customers inquiring about the PS5 price, pal.  Another store lead told me today that the 2 for $20 t-shirt sale was over on Friday and the next store tells me I am wrong....with their own information.  Actually that was the shop down the street bro. Multiple store leads lying through their teeth about "this is the price mandated from Sony", "we don't mark them up at all," and "this is the very first Pro Day sale since before the pandemic".  Complete imbeciles that drink the kool-aid, lie to their customers constantly, and have no idea what they're talking about.   This was the hard-working, "let's tighten-up-the-ship" crew. 

Give me the first guy in the chair, his feet kicked up, not greeting the customers, watching stand-up comedy on his tablet "N****a this, n****a that" at incredibly high volume, any day of the week.  At least he was real. 

One lead at one of the stores was chewing out his brand new 18-ish female employee, "...we were talking and we saw that you had 54 sales transactions yesterday and ZERO power-up pro memberships sold.  So we thought maybe you didn't know what you were doing and blah blah blah" and proceeded to berate her and instruct her better ways of doing her job.  She looked utterly defeated.  You better start paying your employees more than $10 /hour if you want them to care about any of this corporate mandated bullshit. 

God this company is a complete embarrassment.  I was about to spend another $60-$100 today before I simply walked out on these two assholes. 

Might be the first time I do a survey, ever.  :twoguns:  There is nothing more obnoxious than when an idiot lies while talking down to you.

/rant

You new to Gamestop??

#5256 hooknsling   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   686 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

hooknsling

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:17 PM

You new to Gamestop??

I’m amazed he went to 3. Or 2. He could be writing fanfiction and no one would be able to discern if any of it is real. 

#5257 xenozfan2   Trippin' on apples! CAGiversary!   808 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:27 PM

Found out controllers are still in trade even though the site says they don't take them. Sitting in two grand in controllers. Xbox 360 are $10. $12 after boost.

Why do you have like 200 controllers laying around? 

#5258 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5071 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 12:46 PM

and here i thought having 11 xbox one controllers was bad. 8 of them are still sealed lol

#5259 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2169 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 26 June 2022 - 03:08 PM

Haha I think we need a support group as I also have over a dozen Xbox controllers. I just can’t resist a deal on limited edition colors. I partially blame the N64 controllers from my childhood that were so flimsy. Buying used controllers grosses me out so I’ve got this fear of wanting to play years down the road and having to find a nasty used controller. Nintendo could sell sooo many pro controllers if they bothered to release limited editions with their big titles.

#5260 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:30 PM

I resell thousands of games. Quit my main job during covid started a company that I can be off-hand with and this is what I do for a living now while earning passive income.
The controllers are from yard sales or system bundles.

#5261 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:40 PM

The biggest hit I took was no more Wii controllers and no more motion plus attachments. Used to trade in for $5 a piece

#5262 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 26 June 2022 - 04:53 PM

For whatever reason 30% bonus was not working on Pro Day at all. Maybe today but yesterday not even The Ascent was working

#5263 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 26 June 2022 - 05:03 PM

Gamestop wasnt even working...  This whole sale was a shit show

#5264 mchittumjr  

Posted 26 June 2022 - 07:13 PM

Anybody know when the boost for Strikers ends?

#5265 Derrick1979   I think I've been here to long ! CAGiversary!   6226 Posts   Joined 16.2 Years Ago  

Derrick1979

Posted 26 June 2022 - 08:13 PM

Everything about this company is busted....  trying to add 4 games to my cart online for the 4/$20 ($9.99 & under) and of course its not triggering that promo in checkout...

Get your shit together gamestop how can you plan to go mostly an online retailer when you cant even get your site right??

#5266 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:13 AM

I resell thousands of games. Quit my main job during covid started a company that I can be off-hand with and this is what I do for a living now while earning passive income.
The controllers are from yard sales or system bundles.

Good luck getting Gamestop to let you trade in 200 of anything. Or even 5.

#5267 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:56 AM

Good luck getting Gamestop to let you trade in 200 of anything. Or even 5.

Yeah I know how the trade system works. Sometimes have to wait. Me and the wife and kids all have an account for that same reason. Not related but people trash on GameStop to much. Pro membership pays for itself in 3 months. 15=60 a year? That's awesome. We have 4 accounts even if you never buy anything besides say Nintendo eShop cards pays for it.

#5268 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1954 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 11:59 AM

Yeah I know how the trade system works. Sometimes have to wait. Me and the wife and kids all have an account for that same reason. Not related but people trash on GameStop to much. Pro membership pays for itself in 3 months. 15=60 a year? That's awesome. We have 4 accounts even if you never buy anything besides say Nintendo eShop cards pays for it.

Gamestop banned me for trading games in purchased from yard sales and pawn shops.

My wife just for living with me

My brother for having my last name

And deleted my mother’s account because they didn’t trust it.

They deserve all the bashing they get as a company.

#5269 HustlerKid   Im just here for the comments CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

HustlerKid

Posted 27 June 2022 - 12:51 PM

Gamestop banned me for trading games in purchased from yard sales and pawn shops.

I get a company protecting itself and it’s revenue but that’s ridiculous. If they are gonna be that crazy about it at least give customers some way to plead their case and fix it.

#5270 walletandgromice   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1707 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

walletandgromice

Posted 27 June 2022 - 01:23 PM

I'm sure your mother is just devastated to no longer be able to trade in games at GameStop. My condolences.

#5271 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 27 June 2022 - 01:51 PM

They have a personal vendetta against you

#5272 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 27 June 2022 - 04:23 PM

Gamestop banned me for spending too much money on their website. 

#5273 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6157 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 27 June 2022 - 04:57 PM

People being El Hoardo wondering what they did to get banned.

#5274 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2581 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 27 June 2022 - 05:06 PM

Since GameStop is sometimes cheeky..

Does the pro coupon expire need to be used before Wednesday?

#5275 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 27 June 2022 - 10:12 PM

I'm sure your mother is just devastated to no longer be able to trade in games at GameStop. My condolences.

This made me actually laugh, well done.

#5276 DeskLaser   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   875 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 02:39 PM

I just picked up DNF Duel for PS5 and traded in some games and those all got an extra 20% bonus. It’s also not on the website but Ghostwire Tokyo currently has a $17 base value.

#5277 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   556 Posts   Joined 15.9 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 05:23 PM

Email yesterday showed F1 22 and Outriders Worldslayer should get the bonus as well.

#5278 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   17233 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 09:36 PM

I get a company protecting itself and it’s revenue but that’s ridiculous. If they are gonna be that crazy about it at least give customers some way to plead their case and fix it.

I’m sure the dude was abusing the shit out of his 4 accounts. You’re naive if you think GS just banned all of them willy nilly.

Gamestop and their websites sucks so much donkey dick but never believe when someone says they got banned for nothing.

I remember some dude bitching about Amazon banning their account “for nothing!” It turns out they bought and returned 7 or 8 MacBook pros. Dude legit didn’t think there was anything wrong with that.

#5279 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:49 PM

The associate at GameStop today was in a full suit and tie... Did I miss a memo or something?

#5280 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4211 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:57 PM

The associate at GameStop today was in a full suit and tie... Did I miss a memo or something?

Hopefully looking for another job that doesn't abuse him as much.