* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#5281 Dark Rider   The Bus Guy CAGiversary!   2961 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:49 PM

The associate at GameStop today was in a full suit and tie... Did I miss a memo or something?

#5282 DisGonnaBeGood   But I need tacos! I need them or I will explode. CAGiversary!   4208 Posts   Joined 13.1 Years Ago  

DisGonnaBeGood

Posted 28 June 2022 - 10:57 PM

The associate at GameStop today was in a full suit and tie... Did I miss a memo or something?

Hopefully looking for another job that doesn't abuse him as much.

#5283 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1950 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2022 - 12:35 AM

I’m sure the dude was abusing the shit out of his 4 accounts. You’re naive if you think GS just banned all of them willy nilly.

Gamestop and their websites sucks so much donkey dick but never believe when someone says they got banned for nothing.

I remember some dude bitching about Amazon banning their account “for nothing!” It turns out they bought and returned 7 or 8 MacBook pros. Dude legit didn’t think there was anything wrong with that.

Two of those 4 accounts were not mine. I wish I could underline that part. Two of them I was using for sure. If they wanted to ban me in 2018 pre Covid then sure because I was an ass, and I’ll eat that. But now, no it makes 0 sense to me.

That being said, I still purchased with them and helped their bottom line with gpg, prp, pur, res, upt, and used. They got over on me as much I them. They are just in a tizzy because I know their system and that their snitch happy policing ass managers knows it and me from former employment. That’s shitty of them. Hell, this forum alone explained exploits for over a decade so by that end everyone, including you as a veteran, were abusing their system.

#5284 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   544 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 29 June 2022 - 01:43 AM

Email yesterday showed F1 22 and Outriders Worldslayer should get the bonus as well.

F1 22 PS5 did not trigger the bonus today

#5285 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 29 June 2022 - 06:07 AM

I’m sure the dude was abusing the shit out of his 4 accounts. You’re naive if you think GS just banned all of them willy nilly.

Gamestop and their websites sucks so much donkey dick but never believe when someone says they got banned for nothing.

I remember some dude bitching about Amazon banning their account “for nothing!” It turns out they bought and returned 7 or 8 MacBook pros. Dude legit didn’t think there was anything wrong with that.

I didn't get banned "for nothing", I got banned for no GOOD reason. 

#5286 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:04 PM

Gamestop banned me for trading games in purchased from yard sales and pawn shops.

My wife just for living with me

My brother for having my last name

And deleted my mother’s account because they didn’t trust it.

They deserve all the bashing they get as a company.

That's why I used my brother-in-law's account to trade. 

I do hope no strangers with my last name get magically banned.

#5287 Vindicated30.6   In memory of Robin Williams 7/21/51-8/11/14 CAG Veteran   127 Posts   Joined 0.7 Years Ago  

Vindicated30.6

Posted 29 June 2022 - 04:25 PM

I put several items in my cart for the 4 for $20 sale (finally found four that apply) to hold until payday. When I went back to look, the deal had disappeared. I was confused until I saw that one of the four games had gone up in price and no longer counted for the deal. Stupid Gamestop.

#5288 sorabora  

sorabora

Posted 29 June 2022 - 08:32 PM

Email yesterday showed F1 22 and Outriders Worldslayer should get the bonus as well.

Would a screenshot of the email help out in-store?

#5289 Daytonabot   Hornet CAGiversary!   486 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Daytonabot

Posted 29 June 2022 - 09:48 PM

Could someone please confirm that I can use GameStop credit to buy Steam Wallet Cards (or the digital equivalent) online?

#5290 major morgan  

major morgan

Posted 30 June 2022 - 07:26 AM

Holy shit. Here I am just minding my fucking business going to GS to redeem my $5 monthly coupon on eShop.

GS employee is pushy as Fuck on renewing (extending) my membership even though it's not expired. Even goes as far to say it's "FREE" several times. I know that he's just bullshitting me because he'd just use my saved points to renew it, so it's not really free. I declined. He probably insisted like 3 or 4 times about renewing and I said "No, not today" every time. Not once did I even give an indication I wanted it. He says okay and wraps up the transaction.

Roughly 30 mins later I get an email that my PUR points have been used to redeem for a new year of PUR Pro membership. I thought I made the mistake of not paying close enough attention to the screen/receipt...but now that I look at it again, it's not on even on my receipt! So this fool kept my PUR info on the computer and redeemed my points without my consent. I hardly shop/trade at GS anymore, so I don't recall what my expiration date was. It now says Sept 2023 on the website, but it could have already been extended that far due to the previous points promos they had that basically made the renewals free.

I was initially reluctant to burn this dude on a survey if I fucked up because I literally only went in to get a $5 eshop for nothing, but since it happened after I was in the store and I have no in-store receipt for this PUR Pro "purchase", I think it more than justifies it...even if this scam is some bullshit concocted by a store leader / district leader to help hit their metrics. This is straight up deceitful.

Edit: Dug through some emails and I found that I redeemed for two PUR renewals last year in Sep/Oct. Meaning I was already active until Sept 2023...so unless the GS website is slow to update, homeboy literally stole points from me.

#5291 Mazter   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   116 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 10:03 AM

Holy shit. Here I am just minding my fucking business going to GS to redeem my $5 monthly coupon on eShop.

GS employee is pushy as Fuck on renewing (extending) my membership even though it's not expired. Even goes as far to say it's "FREE" several times. I know that he's just bullshitting me because he'd just use my saved points to renew it, so it's not really free. I declined. He probably insisted like 3 or 4 times about renewing and I said "No, not today" every time. Not once did I even give an indication I wanted it. He says okay and wraps up the transaction.

Roughly 30 mins later I get an email that my PUR points have been used to redeem for a new year of PUR Pro membership. I thought I made the mistake of not paying close enough attention to the screen/receipt...but now that I look at it again, it's not on even on my receipt! So this fool kept my PUR info on the computer and redeemed my points without my consent. I hardly shop/trade at GS anymore, so I don't recall what my expiration date was. It now says Sept 2023 on the website, but it could have already been extended that far due to the previous points promos they had that basically made the renewals free.

I was initially reluctant to burn this dude on a survey if I fucked up because I literally only went in to get a $5 eshop for nothing, but since it happened after I was in the store and I have no in-store receipt for this PUR Pro "purchase", I think it more than justifies it...even if this scam is some bullshit concocted by a store leader / district leader to help hit their metrics. This is straight up deceitful.

Edit: Dug through some emails and I found that I redeemed for two PUR renewals last year in Sep/Oct. Meaning I was already active until Sept 2023...so unless the GS website is slow to update, homeboy literally stole points from me.

Check online to see if your points were redeemed, it should show under activity

#5292 izembo  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 10:59 AM

Could someone please confirm that I can use GameStop credit to buy Steam Wallet Cards (or the digital equivalent) online?

Credit can't be used to purchase Steam online, only in store.

#5293 steveomac1015   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   118 Posts   Joined 11.8 Years Ago  

steveomac1015

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:15 PM

Just did my double dip for the month on two $10 PSN cards. Whoever figured this out originally, I just want to say I love you.

#5294 DMCA18   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   177 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:44 PM

Credit can't be used to purchase Steam online, only in store.

Worked for me Jun 16. 

#5295 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 30 June 2022 - 11:50 PM

Maybe some good deals in July.

#5296 FMghost  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:17 AM

I think the good gs deals are donzo for good but if I'm wrong I'll be pleasantly surprised

#5297 moonknight80  

moonknight80

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:23 AM

Double dipped for eShop credit and Mario Kart expansion since I had a GS CG from my work to get rid of. 

#5298 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:24 AM

Absolutely no more 20% as tried today with 0 luck. It's as if they decided to take it out completely

#5299 Linkachu  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:24 PM

Any idea if we should expect a 4th of July deal this weekend or not really? Don’t recall if they normally run promos for it.

#5300 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38666 Posts   Joined 16.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 12:30 PM

Any idea if we should expect a 4th of July deal this weekend or not really? Don’t recall if they normally run promos for it.

giphy.gif

#5301 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4150 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:03 PM

Dude, you really got my hopes up when I saw that...

#5302 quesog   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   62 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 01:19 PM

Monthly $5 from being Pro worked on a Steam gift card yet again.

#5303 steamcheapcom  

steamcheapcom

Posted 01 July 2022 - 05:18 PM

Dude, you really got my hopes up when I saw that...

No reason to think it might not be just as good this time, maybe?

#5304 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   654 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 01 July 2022 - 05:39 PM

All I really wanna say is that they don’t really care about us

#5305 cruxdude  

cruxdude

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:15 PM

I renewed my Pro membership on pro day. Shouldn't I have gotten a $5 coupon today?

#5306 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7049 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:33 PM

Today when i was checking out online, under payment options it said PowerUp Rewards Credit Card ****2468 with my name under it. So i never applied for a credit card and know i wouldnt be approved for one because im unemployed with little to no income. I asked gamestop help through twitter and they just gave me a number to call. Has anything like this happened to anyone here?

Theres nothing in my purchase history i didnt buy, and i changed my password just in case.

#5307 ritchardf  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:47 PM

Today when i was checking out online, under payment options it said PowerUp Rewards Credit Card ****2468 with my name under it. So i never applied for a credit card and know i wouldnt be approved for one because im unemployed with little to no income. I asked gamestop help through twitter and they just gave me a number to call. Has anything like this happened to anyone here?

Theres nothing in my purchase history i didnt buy, and i changed my password just in case.

you would be surprised. Comenity Bank runs Gamestop's credit card and they pass out credit like candy to kids. credit with near 30% interest. also the fact that they are experiencing an outage right now that is affecting access to accounts is somewhat concerning. I would check your credit and see if anything has popped up on there recently.

#5308 Omni99  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 08:55 PM

Just finished my coupon run for this month. $5 worked on PSN in all the same ways as last month.

#5309 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7049 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 01 July 2022 - 09:01 PM

you would be surprised. Comenity Bank runs Gamestop's credit card and they pass out credit like candy to kids. credit with near 30% interest. also the fact that they are experiencing an outage right now that is affecting access to accounts is somewhat concerning. I would check your credit and see if anything has popped up on there recently.

How would i check my credit? Ive never owned any credit cards before and im not even sure what my credit score is, never checked. I tried to call them but cant talk to anyone with the outage.

#5310 ritchardf  

Posted 01 July 2022 - 09:06 PM

How would i check my credit? Ive never owned any credit cards before and im not even sure what my credit score is, never checked. I tried to call them but cant talk to anyone with the outage.

i believe it is annualcreditreport.com, gives you access to the 3 major bureaus once per year. I would suggest doing 1 for now just to check. if it has been opened on 1 it would be on all 3 usually. just your reports are free, credit scores aren't included.