* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#5371 humbug43  

humbug43

Posted 06 July 2022 - 01:26 AM

At one point I had 3 with in 1/2 a mile of me.

2 were in a mall right across from each other. Lol

#5372 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 06 July 2022 - 01:59 AM

Crap; I bought an eshop code at a store and put the receipt in my pocket, but it's so damn hot outside that a portion of the code on the receipt was destroyed by sweat. I have to guess four characters.

You can get customer service to email you the receipt sometimes.

#5373 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 06 July 2022 - 01:43 PM

Well with yesterday's website update we are back to games looking like they are in stock that actually aren't. Literally the most basic functionality of a web store, and they can't handle it. 

#5374 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 06 July 2022 - 03:48 PM

Double 

#5375 stringycupps1  

stringycupps1

Posted 06 July 2022 - 03:49 PM

How many of these stores do you think actually do 15 transactions a day at AOV over $100? 20%? 30% tops? Most stores don't make back their rent until probably the 25th day of the month, or not at all.

That still leaves about a week, about 20% of the month, of profit.  If they're making a 20% profit per store, that's quite good.

#5376 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7049 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 06 July 2022 - 04:09 PM

Update.

I talked to GameStop through twitter, they said the credit card under my payment options is definitely a credit card, call a number she gave me to talk to someone. (In case you don’t know I posted before because I never signed up for a GameStop cc)

I called the number and the lady (from GameStop?) said she couldn’t help me call a new number to the people in charge of the credit card.

I called the new number and the lady tried finding my account via social security number, phone number, GameStop account number. Nothing showed up.

So idk what to do from here. GameStop can’t do anything and the people in charge of the credit card can’t find any info using my info. 

maybe my account number changed since the card number and the 13 digit number on the website doesn’t match. 

update.. called again, the 13 digit account number on the website wasn’t in their database either. She couldn’t find me so she said she would transfer me to another department and then it just went back to the start like when I first called, got put on hold then lost connection. 

#5377 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:00 PM

Update.

I talked to GameStop through twitter, they said the credit card under my payment options is definitely a credit card, call a number she gave me to talk to someone. (In case you don’t know I posted before because I never signed up for a GameStop cc)

I called the number and the lady (from GameStop?) said she couldn’t help me call a new number to the people in charge of the credit card.

I called the new number and the lady tried finding my account via social security number, phone number, GameStop account number. Nothing showed up.

So idk what to do from here. GameStop can’t do anything and the people in charge of the credit card can’t find any info using my info. 

maybe my account number changed since the card number and the 13 digit number on the website doesn’t match. 

update.. called again, the 13 digit account number on the website wasn’t in their database either. She couldn’t find me so she said she would transfer me to another department and then it just went back to the start like when I first called, got put on hold then lost connection. 

As long as you pulled your credit report and its not on there, I wouldn't worry about it. So you basically got free games?

#5378 The 7th Number   Sipping hot tea like a sir with my pinky out! CAGiversary!   7049 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

The 7th Number

Posted 06 July 2022 - 06:12 PM

As long as you pulled your credit report and its not on there, I wouldn't worry about it. So you basically got free games?

Nah I never used it for payment, I thought about trying to use it just to see what happens but I don’t need to be stuck paying 30% interest and have no way to pay it off. Since I can’t even log in to that credit card.

I just did the annual credit report website and the only credit card on my account was one I share with my dad. Nothing else seemed suspicious. 

#5379 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 06 July 2022 - 08:41 PM

That still leaves about a week, about 20% of the month, of profit. If they're making a 20% profit per store, that's quite good.

If rent was the only expense on the P&L then sure! ; )

#5380 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24744 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2022 - 10:42 PM

I'm curious, has anyone gotten banned from GS for too many returns/swaps online? I bought about a dozen new games a few months ago during one of their sales (Memorial Day one, I think?) and ended up returning roughly 8 of the 12 since they were guts, of which I returned all 8. Last week, I bought 2x copies of Tokyo Mirage NS for $30 hoping I'd get at least one copy that's sealed but both are, of course, guts. I normally wouldn't think about this as an issue but I've had a TON of returns to GS this year. 

Also curious, anyone know if the online rewards certs (not the monthly PUR but the ones you redeem pts for) can be used on subscription cards or digital currency cards? Sucks they're maxed out at $15 so not sure what to use them on. 

#5381 Athrun   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   23 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:05 PM

Here's to hoping there's a trade promo towards God of War Ragnarok.

#5382 DemonsMaster   Jrpg Addicts Anonymous CAGiversary!   1787 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

DemonsMaster

Posted 06 July 2022 - 11:30 PM

Here's to hoping there's a trade promo towards God of War Ragnarok.

Even if there's not, you could always just tell them I'd like to put $5 of the trade in credit towards <insert the current promo game title> and the rest towards god of war. Then come in at a later date or just wait until the day of release and tell them you'd like to put the $5 from the promo game towards your god of war purchase.

#5383 Sparky01GT  

Sparky01GT

Posted 07 July 2022 - 04:09 AM

I'm curious, has anyone gotten banned from GS for too many returns/swaps online? I bought about a dozen new games a few months ago during one of their sales (Memorial Day one, I think?) and ended up returning roughly 8 of the 12 since they were guts, of which I returned all 8. Last week, I bought 2x copies of Tokyo Mirage NS for $30 hoping I'd get at least one copy that's sealed but both are, of course, guts. I normally wouldn't think about this as an issue but I've had a TON of returns to GS this year. 

Also curious, anyone know if the online rewards certs (not the monthly PUR but the ones you redeem pts for) can be used on subscription cards or digital currency cards? Sucks they're maxed out at $15 so not sure what to use them on. 

Since they refuse to tell us why we are banned, no one knows exactly. But returns likely play a factor, since it seems dumb to ban people just for buying too much. I am banned, I returned about 15 games out of 300+ in a 10 week period. Was it the 15 returns, or was it buying 300 games? Your guess is as good as mine.

#5384 izembo  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 11:23 AM

It's a possible trigger for a ban, yes.  But as someone else said impossible to know fully.

Online PUR certs do not work for digital currency.  Only in store.

#5385 organikshadow  

organikshadow

Posted 07 July 2022 - 01:40 PM

I've never liked this, especially when I see a woman. Walking into a store and only one person there is unsettling to me. Like do they have to close the store when they use the bathroom? I'm sure there have been times where a customer is rude or violent and if you are the only person there, that's got to be scary.

What if it's really busy? I worked at an Electronics place like 15 years ago and they were certain times where everyone was on break or lunch and I was the only one on the floor and had to help a lot of people. It did not go well. I know that I wouldn't feel comfortable opening a GameStop and being there all by myself. Not sure how long employees are by themselves but I would think more than like an hour is too long. There should be at least 3 workers any given day. That way, you have people that can go on break and lunch and there should always be at least two people working at all times.

That's exactly what happens--on multiple occasions I've gone to stores and there is a sign on the door "out to lunch back in 30." Single person running the place. One time i came back and they ended up being gone nearly an hour from when I first saw the sign, then once I got in, they couldn't help me as there was no manager hah. So it's definitely an inconvenience for customers, but as you said--a single employee is never a very safe option.

#5386 Daniel_Shadow170  

Daniel_Shadow170

Posted 07 July 2022 - 02:52 PM

I just wanna be a foot model. People can tip me with GameStop credit. Owning my own business is difficult

#5387 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:04 PM

Only thing I have going on from GameStop is them messing up an order of pre-owned joy cons. The dark yellow one I ordered came in as the Fortnite yellow with the eye and mouth on it. Called to let them know. They apologized, refunded and made a new order while saying to keep the wrong one on them. That was Friday the 1st. Said the correct one would be there the 5th. Called yesterday saying it looks like it either was never picked up or got lost in transit. The girl apologized and made a new order for me and said the same thing, if by chance the previous order shows up, just keep it on them. About 3 hours later I check shipping emails, the new one shows as in process and the one I called about now shows a delivery date of tomorrow the 8th. So I'll have two extra left joy cons that I'll likely trade back into GameStop for $22 a piece at the Pro rate

#5388 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:15 PM

Only thing I have going on from GameStop is them messing up an order of pre-owned joy cons. The dark yellow one I ordered came in as the Fortnite yellow with the eye and mouth on it. Called to let them know. They apologized, refunded and made a new order while saying to keep the wrong one on them. That was Friday the 1st. Said the correct one would be there the 5th. Called yesterday saying it looks like it either was never picked up or got lost in transit. The girl apologized and made a new order for me and said the same thing, if by chance the previous order shows up, just keep it on them. About 3 hours later I check shipping emails, the new one shows as in process and the one I called about now shows a delivery date of tomorrow the 8th. So I'll have two extra left joy cons that I'll likely trade back into GameStop for $22 a piece at the Pro rate

Used joycon…from GameStop. NOPE

#5389 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:27 PM

Used joycon…from GameStop. NOPE

The ones that came in work with no scratches. And if they start to drift, I send it to Nintendo for free

#5390 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:33 PM

The ones that came in work with no scratches. And if they start to drift, I send it to Nintendo for free

Okay, glad you’ve had good luck. I traded in a few when they were giving something ridiculous like $40 each and they have no testing at all. Just thrown in the drawer.

#5391 Explicit   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1586 Posts   Joined 10.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 03:47 PM

Okay, glad you’ve had good luck. I traded in a few when they were giving something ridiculous like $40 each and they have no testing at all. Just thrown in the drawer.

I figured that's what they do especially when they keep telling me to not bother returning the wrong ones. Unless they come in badly scratched up, having Nintendo fix them is my plan rather than sending them back.

#5392 fullmetal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   543 Posts   Joined 15.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 05:21 PM

I've noticed a few small bumps recently

Forza Horizon 5   $23   (was $20 yesterday)

Last of Us part II   $14   (was $9 for a good while and $12 yesterday)

Uncharted Legacy of Thieves   $31   (weird base value)

Does anyone know if The Ascent still triggers preorder bonus?

#5393 jimbo8574   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   8438 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 06:12 PM

I've never liked this, especially when I see a woman. Walking into a store and only one person there is unsettling to me. Like do they have to close the store when they use the bathroom? I'm sure there have been times where a customer is rude or violent and if you are the only person there, that's got to be scary.

The one near my job a few months ago was closed when I went at lunchtime.  They put a sign up about being on a bathroom break.  I waited 10-15 mins in the car and had to get back to work.  A few other times I had gone it was a woman but more recently a guy.  I think she was or maybe still is the store manager or assistant manger.

#5394 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:18 PM

This can't be good.

#5395 MSUHitman   former Checkmate Arcade Co-Host CAGiversary!   15186 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:25 PM

Absolutely no more 20% as tried today with 0 luck. It's as if they decided to take it out completely

I traded towards Live A Live last night & got the 30% (with Pro) bump.

#5396 malfcn   CAGalicious! CAGiversary!   2579 Posts   Joined 15.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:28 PM

Time to buy Amazon credit from console trades last year?

#5397 xeroblade   Hadouken! CAGiversary!   404 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:36 PM

Time to get out?

#5398 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1158 Posts   Joined 17.7 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:47 PM

Time to get out?

I'm thinking about liquidating my TC. Lucky to only have about 120 or so left

How?

#5399 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2099 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:47 PM

I remember 3 years ago when the great reduction was going to happen. They closed 1 store nearby at a mall where the entire mall was demolished. Still have 9 GameStop stores within a 10 mile range of me.

#5400 GPS  

Posted 07 July 2022 - 08:49 PM

Unless I am missing a secret way of doing this, they remove the ability to that about 4 years ago.