* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#5641 izembo  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 01:23 PM

Huh?  I just used my double dip in store and online for 20$ Steam cards to go with my shiny new steam deck. 

The monthly coupon works online for it,  the credit doesnt.    If you want to use both has to be in store.  Steam is weird in restrictions sometimes.

#5642 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38742 Posts   Joined 17.1 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 02:20 PM

Do canceled preorders still result in detected PUR points? I preordered the Bayonetta 3 Trinity Masquerade Edition in-store last week before its contents were confirmed when Best Buy's listing went live and wouldn't mind moving to a different preorder, but if PUR points are deducted, I might just keep it, pick up the edition at release, then return it later.

#5643 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 03:19 PM

They literally just have to type #clearance into their search bar....lmao

This one manager who was in the company for over 10 years (poor guy) literally tried everything he could think of and nada.

Makes things more confusing when a lot of the games in store are not clearance online and vice versa.

Fun fact: the Cyberpunk 2099 Xbox One X is a Part of clearance, as well as a ton of old Xbox One S bundles. Probably on the off chance one store in the country still has one of these somewhere.

#5644 joeblowv1  

joeblowv1

Posted 22 July 2022 - 03:31 PM

The monthly coupon works online for it,  the credit doesnt.    If you want to use both has to be in store.  Steam is weird in restrictions sometimes.

Thanks for clarifying!

#5645 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2185 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 22 July 2022 - 04:01 PM

Picked up live a live and traded another Smash for $39. Finally unloading those from B2G1 last year.

#5646 hooknsling   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   695 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

hooknsling

Posted 22 July 2022 - 04:02 PM

Picked up live a live and traded another Smash for $39. Finally unloading those from B2G1 last year.

g2L ?

#5647 briandadude   Vita + Xbox + Switch CAGiversary!   2185 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

briandadude

Posted 22 July 2022 - 04:38 PM

g2L ?

It is not G2L.

#5648 iNICK20   Premium Member. CAGiversary!   453 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 06:00 PM

This one manager who was in the company for over 10 years (poor guy) literally tried everything he could think of and nada.

Makes things more confusing when a lot of the games in store are not clearance online and vice versa.

Fun fact: the Cyberpunk 2099 Xbox One X is a Part of clearance, as well as a ton of old Xbox One S bundles. Probably on the off chance one store in the country still has one of these somewhere.

How do you know if any GS has those One S bundles?

#5649 izembo  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 07:40 PM

They don't.  They're all long gone.  Gamestop doesn't remove skus like that from the system because they have to be able to run a return on them for warranties, but I promise there hasn't been any left for awhile unfortunately.

#5650 BobbyTastic   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   10255 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

BobbyTastic

Posted 22 July 2022 - 08:24 PM

So when exactly did GS purge their PS3 stock?

#5651 izembo  

Posted 22 July 2022 - 11:58 PM

So when exactly did GS purge their PS3 stock?

They killed most trades a bit ago,  some stores may still have some stock but 1.5 stores weren't supposed to have it for years at this point.

#5652 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4910 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 12:11 AM

I just started shopping at gamestop again recently and I am 0/5 on correct shipments from them. Maybe 1/5, I'll let one slide.

First up I ordered seagate hard drives a couple months back. They shipped one correct, one was the wrong model.

Second I ordered the Resident Evil Village CE... they shipped a standard vanilla copy. I'll let that slide, they said it was a website error.

Ordered a few new games with saved points. All came sealed/new. One had a loose disc and broken plastic, could have happened in transit. I don't blame gamestop for that one, they shipped a new copy to me.

Replacement order comes... gutted preowned copy with a scratch on the disc and someone's clearly defined fingerprint. They ship another copy...

Third replacement comes today... gutted preowned copy AGAIN. Chatted with them today, they're shipping a fourth copy out to me now...

#5653 Confidance   BRB, busy being in GS prison CAGiversary!   1955 Posts   Joined 12.4 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 02:31 AM

I just started shopping at gamestop again recently and I am 0/5 on correct shipments from them. Maybe 1/5, I'll let one slide.

First up I ordered seagate hard drives a couple months back. They shipped one correct, one was the wrong model.

Second I ordered the Resident Evil Village CE... they shipped a standard vanilla copy. I'll let that slide, they said it was a website error.

Ordered a few new games with saved points. All came sealed/new. One had a loose disc and broken plastic, could have happened in transit. I don't blame gamestop for that one, they shipped a new copy to me.

Replacement order comes... gutted preowned copy with a scratch on the disc and someone's clearly defined fingerprint. They ship another copy...

Third replacement comes today... gutted preowned copy AGAIN. Chatted with them today, they're shipping a fourth copy out to me now...

They may ban you my friend

#5654 GeeWiz   Cheaper than Cheap! CAGiversary!   2405 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:11 AM

99.99% chance no GameStop in the country actually has them. Probably just clearanced out due to age of the SKU. If a GameStop actually had one on clearance, it's long gone by now since the promo started almost 2 weeks ago.

#5655 Imbackhaha  

Imbackhaha

Posted 23 July 2022 - 05:35 AM

go to game exchange if you need ps3 games. vita games im not sure though.

#5656 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4910 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 06:52 AM

How or why? I specifically asked a question regarding that on the phone today. I don’t want to be contacting them for their constant mistakes, and asked is it bad for me that I keep having to call because of these issues. They assured absolutely not and even rewarded me bonus power up points out of the blue for the troubles.

#5657 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   6157 Posts   Joined 18.9 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:54 AM

How or why? I specifically asked a question regarding that on the phone today. I don’t want to be contacting them for their constant mistakes, and asked is it bad for me that I keep having to call because of these issues. They assured absolutely not and even rewarded me bonus power up points out of the blue for the troubles.

The games usually ship from stores. Unless you're buying a recently released game, they're all going to be guts - it's very unlikely you'll get a sealed copy. When they send you a replacement, they have no way to tell if it'll be a sealed copy. The replacement is supposed to be appeasement and they're assuming you're being honest about the games being in poor condition. They already gave you three free copies of a game. You're not meant to keep calling them until you get a sealed copy.

#5658 John Cowheel   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   160 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

John Cowheel

Posted 23 July 2022 - 02:34 PM

Is the Live a Live bonus still active?

#5659 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4910 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:11 PM

The games usually ship from stores. Unless you're buying a recently released game, they're all going to be guts - it's very unlikely you'll get a sealed copy. When they send you a replacement, they have no way to tell if it'll be a sealed copy. The replacement is supposed to be appeasement and they're assuming you're being honest about the games being in poor condition. They already gave you three free copies of a game. You're not meant to keep calling them until you get a sealed copy.

I don't want the extra copies nor anything free, just what I paid for, a new/sealed game. I have already offered to them to return everything to my local store. I even told the last rep who offered me power up points as an apology that it wasn't necessary, please just fulfill my order of a NEW game as it isn't for me, I'm not gifting a gutted game.

#5660 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   857 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:28 PM

Yeah, regardless of the validity of your position and argument, i’d be embarrassed myself asking for a 4th replacement copy of the same game.  Especially if they are letting you keep the extras, handing out bonus points and more.

#5661 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:30 PM

I don't want the extra copies nor anything free, just what I paid for, a new/sealed game. I have already offered to them to return everything to my local store. I even told the last rep who offered me power up points as an apology that it wasn't necessary, please just fulfill my order of a NEW game as it isn't for me, I'm not gifting a gutted game.

CS has no power to do anything but replace the order and give out points. LP will ban your account when you cross whatever threshold they determine to be abusive, the two groups don't talk to each other and CS can do nothing once that ban happens. You aren't getting a new copy unless you go find one in store so keep it up and you will get banned.

Clear enough for you?

#5662 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9024 Posts   Joined 18.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 03:51 PM

I shopped at two GameStop stores today, and I had good experiences at both!  :shock:

#5663 Centipede  

Centipede

Posted 23 July 2022 - 06:12 PM

I shopped at two GameStop stores today, and I had good experiences at both!  :shock:

mindblown-jonstewart.gif

#5664 macaroni   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   93 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:21 PM

What's the best way to use the $5 monthly coupons for Steam currency? Are the $20 wallet cards as good as it gets? 

#5665 Kromis   Für das Vaterland! CAGiversary!   877 Posts   Joined 16.6 Years Ago  

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:40 PM

What's the best way to use the $5 monthly coupons for Steam currency? Are the $20 wallet cards as good as it gets? 

Pretty much. I believe that's the lowest denomination you can buy

#5666 300mirrors  

300mirrors

Posted 23 July 2022 - 11:43 PM

CS has no power to do anything but replace the order and give out points. LP will ban your account when you cross whatever threshold they determine to be abusive, the two groups don't talk to each other and CS can do nothing once that ban happens. You aren't getting a new copy unless you go find one in store so keep it up and you will get banned.

Clear enough for you?

It takes a special kind of bootlicker to argue in defense of this bullshit. If you pay for a new game, you should get a new game.

#5667 ritchardf  

Posted 24 July 2022 - 12:12 AM

It takes a special kind of bootlicker to argue in defense of this bullshit. If you pay for a new game, you should get a new game.

I don't think anyone is defending Gamestop here, just making the observation that getting a game sent from a random store is not the way to get sealed games, and getting replacements sent over and over can get you an LP ban.

#5668 300mirrors  

300mirrors

Posted 24 July 2022 - 12:32 AM

I don't think anyone is defending Gamestop here, just making the observation that getting a game sent from a random store is not the way to get sealed games, and getting replacements sent over and over can get you an LP ban.

Maybe LP should signal to someone that they shouldn't be selling "new" games if they can't fulfill the orders. As much as I would not want to return a product 4 times and keep badgering CS, that is such BS.

#5669 Mangydogg  

Mangydogg

Posted 24 July 2022 - 01:16 AM

You can find $10-$500 cards in store only. I recommend getting a $10 in store for $5 with the coupon and then double dipping with a $20 online for $15.

#5670 izembo  

Posted 24 July 2022 - 02:37 AM

You can find $10-$500 cards in store only. I recommend getting a $10 in store for $5 with the coupon and then double dipping with a $20 online for $15.

Those variable cards haven't been printed in 2+ years.  Most stores wont have those remaining.  The $20 is the minimum for still printed cards.