* * * * - 7 votes

The 2022 Gamestop Thread

#1111 born free   Old School CAGiversary!   4942 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:08 PM

Minimum is a 30 day ban, but can vary depending on the reason. If you have pro account, you can check the reason why your account was suspended under power up rewards membership--->Rewards Activity. You can also chat with a representative and they might give you the reason why and/or for how long (depends on who you get).

I might be mistaken but I believe you only get a message there if you're banned manually. Automated bans (ie. "trade limit exceeded") don't give a message on our end

I believe this might be correct as I hit the $2K threshold (associate said wasn't able to trade in my last transaction since I hit the max for a set period [aka 30 days] but to come in at a later time).

My power up pro account doesn't have a note on the activity other than my points from sales so hoping it's only a 30 day system generated trade ban. 

#1112 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:39 PM

Anyone buy a TV from gamestop.com? Debating cashing bout my chips for a nice TV, but they seem like the last place I want to make an expensive purchase at...

#1113 closedsocket  

closedsocket

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:42 PM

Are they still doing the 50% trade in bonus? I asked my local game stop and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. I know that happens from time to time tho.

#1114 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:44 PM

Are they still doing the 50% trade in bonus? I asked my local game stop and he acted like he had no idea what I was talking about. I know that happens from time to time tho.

yes up to 50 percent with trading in 5 games.

#1115 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:44 PM

Yep, there's a banner for it on the main page of the website

#1116 project_night   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   30 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

project_night

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:49 PM

Does Gamestop still give birthday coupons to Pro members?

#1117 TheNewGuy  

TheNewGuy

Posted 07 January 2022 - 09:50 PM

Does Gamestop still give birthday coupons to Pro members?

nope

#1118 Vigilante   poyo CAGiversary!   38623 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:00 PM

Rule #1: Don't bother asking Gamestop employees if a trade promo is active.

Rule #2: Don't bother asking Gamestop employees anything, really.

#1119 Rudybegga   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   523 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:10 PM

Nah, I was able to use it all up. I remember getting silly things like a GTA IV collector's edition with the safe lockbox and such. Tons of guides for cheap, all kinds of crap.

I raked it in with that Sweet Game Crazy Blockbuster flipapalooza. I got around 1300 in credit. Most of it went toward DS games, blowout sealed GBA, blowout sealed accessories, 3 for 15 classic plastic sales (of which a sealed Resident Evil Gaiden was part of it) and more than a few other deals like a gba Micro for 25 bucks. Truly a blessed time to live in...

#1120 DanteWarrior   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1583 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

DanteWarrior

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:18 PM

You can get watch dogs legion for $5 each at Best Buy by price matching GS or Amazon.
Will need to buy 2 copies on same or different platform as part of BB’s B1G1 sale

Similarly Immortals Fenyx Rising will be $10 each. Can do it on online chat

#1121 TTAZ  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:20 PM

Anyone buy a TV from gamestop.com? Debating cashing bout my chips for a nice TV, but they seem like the last place I want to make an expensive purchase at...

Was debating using my credit to pay for a chunk of a LG C1 a few months ago, but decided against it partially for the same reason lol. If something was wrong with it, it would prob be a nightmare

#1122 infiniteHorizon   hrzn CAGiversary!   4064 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

infiniteHorizon

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:24 PM

Guess theres no point "saving for later" with items in GS cart, 2nd time now they all randomly vanished

#1123 Voltronxxx  

Voltronxxx

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:35 PM

how are they trading in a tshirt? :P

That's what I thought too. But I later found out that this was entered manually by someone at gamestop and put the wrong SKU number. It was suppose to be 263293, for RE Village.

#1124 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5035 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:35 PM

Was debating using my credit to pay for a chunk of a LG C1 a few months ago, but decided against it partially for the same reason lol. If something was wrong with it, it would prob be a nightmare

That's the exact TV I'm looking at. I'm equally as worried about the delivery aspect of it. If anyone has any positive stories to share that would be appreciated. Might have to get creative and try to transfer to cash so I can get it at Best buy...

#1125 beenaround  

beenaround

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:38 PM

That's the exact TV I'm looking at. I'm equally as worried about the delivery aspect of it. If anyone has any positive stories to share that would be appreciated. Might have to get creative and try to transfer to cash so I can get it at Best buy...

As an owner of a C1, I wouldn't trust Gamestop with it. They aren't sturdy tvs to start with and if you have a problem you are going to be left out to dry. I bought a cheapo Samsung from Gamestop in 2017? I think and it just got left outside my garage. I never did get an update it was coming or who delivered it. 

#1126 Confidance   Just a guy CAGiversary!   1936 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:40 PM

I copped a TV from GS a few years ago. It's still rocking. Others had the same unit die on them in weeks with issues exchanging.

#1127 Doh  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 10:58 PM

I raked it in with that Sweet Game Crazy Blockbuster flipapalooza. I got around 1300 in credit. Most of it went toward DS games, blowout sealed GBA, blowout sealed accessories, 3 for 15 classic plastic sales (of which a sealed Resident Evil Gaiden was part of it) and more than a few other deals like a gba Micro for 25 bucks. Truly a blessed time to live in...

Even the time Target redid the electronics dept from being like where the Oddwalla drinks are to the full fledged section today, was a killer hunt for 80+% off stuff. Remember getting GTAIV with the moneybag specifically.

#1128 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:01 PM

Nah

As someone who had to make a new gamestop account after my original one was permabanned, yes I will only trade in 3 of the same game max

#1129 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:06 PM

I don’t trade in 2 of the same game in one transaction anymore. It only draws more attention of JDs. I ended up trading two of the same during the first day of AW and GTA switch promo since I had the other one in a gs generic case for a long time and the dude says “two of the same game”? I said “yeah” I mean I didn’t even mean to flip it I just had two copies for about a year now lol

#1130 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:06 PM

Xbox Copies are still cheap but PS4 did go back up.

They still honored the $2.99 on PS4 version cause that’s what it said on the sticker in store

#1131 Naruto Uzumaki   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   643 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Naruto Uzumaki

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:10 PM

I don’t trade in 2 of the same game in one transaction anymore. It only draws more attention of JDs. I ended up trading two of the same during the first day of AW and GTA switch promo since I had the other one in a gs generic case for a long time and the dude says “two of the same game”? I said “yeah” I mean I didn’t even mean to flip it I just had two copies for about a year now lol

I definitely wouldn’t trade in two if the same game (on the same platform) either. If they’re on different platforms I’d still do that. I’d also like to add that gamestop can see the last five purchases (online/in-store) as soon as they put in your phone number, however they cannot see what you’ve been trading in

#1132 Xenogears   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   851 Posts   Joined 12.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:18 PM

I definitely wouldn’t trade in two if the same game (on the same platform) either. If they’re on different platforms I’d still do that. I’d also like to add that gamestop can see the last five purchases (online/in-store) as soon as they put in your phone number, however they cannot see what you’ve been trading in

Someone said they can’t see same day trades, but they can the next day?

#1133 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:19 PM

Hm that’s interesting, thanks for the info. It’s definitely safer to not boomerang then lol. I’ll start keeping track of my last purchases with my receipts

#1134 sparow345  

sparow345

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:30 PM

Aren't they the ones who blocked b4b trades?

lol, they cited their "no trade in for profit" line and cancelled my riders republic trade-ins for $28 (1x PS5) & $24(1x XBox). But the 4 copies of Saints Row: The Third (2x PS4, 2x XBox), and 4 copies of Curved Space (2x PS5, 2x XBox) were fine. Their TIV for Riders Republic is now $7. I feel like that's something not even GameStop would pull, lol.

Edit: Note, this was about the eStarland website. Their website also states that they only will take 2 games at a time. When I spoke to them, they clarified that 2 games per platform (so the 4x copies are fine by their standards).

#1135 Brick Frog  

Brick Frog

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:36 PM

lol, they cited their "no trade in for profit" line and cancelled my riders republic trade-ins for $28 (1x PS5) & $24(1x XBox). But the 4 copies of Saints Row: The Third (2x PS4, 2x XBox), and 4 copies of Curved Space (2x PS5, 2x XBox) were fine. Their TIV for Riders Republic is now $7. I feel like that's something not even GameStop would pull, lol.

They got me on the same thing trading in MLB The Show 21 last month buuuut I blame myself for that one because I got greedy and tried trading in 2 SX plus 2 Xbone copies.

#1136 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4126 Posts   Joined 9.4 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:45 PM

Wow, I just had to contact GS support for the first time in a while and they're night and day compared to what they were for the last like 3-4 years, when emails would just not be responded to and calling them resulted in 1 hour long waits- with no resolution for either route.

Got a damaged item, they said they'd provide a return label and ship a replacement.

I called over a week ago about not getting my 30,000 points for renewing PUR x3. CSR said he couldn't manually add that many points on his own but would submit a request for it, and to keep an eye on my activity to see it. Nothing yet.

#1137 NotNewHere  

NotNewHere

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:46 PM

Tomorrow is last day. Keeping hope values hold strong🙏🏼

#1138 sparow345  

sparow345

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:52 PM

They got me on the same thing trading in MLB The Show 21 last month buuuut I blame myself for that one because I got greedy and tried trading in 2 SX plus 2 Xbone copies.

Right, they cancelled the thing I was trading in 2 of, but not the things I was trading in 4 of...

#1139 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 07 January 2022 - 11:55 PM

Tomorrow is last day. Keeping hope values hold strong🙏🏼

Tomorrow? Damn hopefully snow goes away. Not finna get greedy, just wanna trade 5 more games and hopefully I can trade in one or two without a case lol

#1140 Yruluis2  

Yruluis2

Posted 08 January 2022 - 12:11 AM

I said the same thing. I wanted to be done, but I got hooked on that rush. So I bought two kings bounty and two paw patrol. The JD at gateway GS didn't want to take the games despite being on different platforms. Kid was power tripping, clowns at this store never give good customer service.