X-Arcade 2-player Controller - $129.95 Free Shipping

Not trying to threadcrap or anything but don't these sticks suck or something? That's what I've heard.

They aren't the best sticks but are far from the worst also. I replaced the stick with an Ultimate 8-way and competition buttons from Happ and its a very solid stick now. Some people complain that their is lag using it on PC but I do not see this lag with my particular x-arcade. Mine is a solo.

I've heard there is terrible lag when using it with a console adapter (ps2, xbox, etc. - a common problem for 'universal' controllers), but works fine if used on a PC.

[quote name='Tromack']Thanks. I'm building a MAME arcade cabinet and this is the stick that I wanted.[/QUOTE]

I'm building one too (a cocktail). Any pictures yet? I'm going to be finishing mine sometime this summer. Right now I've put everything together and I am going to be staining and sealing this weekend if I don't have to work. My arcade controls just arrived from Ultimarc on Monday so I am getting psyched to set everything up (although punq has my mame dvds right now :D).

[quote name='javeryh']I'm building one too (a cocktail). Any pictures yet? I'm going to be finishing mine sometime this summer. Right now I've put everything together and I am going to be staining and sealing this weekend if I don't have to work. My arcade controls just arrived from Ultimarc on Monday so I am getting psyched to set everything up (although punq has my mame dvds right now :D).[/QUOTE]

No pics yet. In fact, I haven't started yet. I get the month of August off, so that's where all my time is going. I thought about building a cocktail, but I just couldn't avoid the classic appeal of the standard upright cabinet.

129.95 still sounds like alot. but building your own arcade cabinet would be awesome.

can anyone recommend another decent arcade style joystick that's cheaper? doesn't have to be for building a cabinet, just something where i can play my capcom fighting evolution game on.

[quote name='supersk']129.95 still sounds like alot. but building your own arcade cabinet would be awesome.

can anyone recommend another decent arcade style joystick that's cheaper? doesn't have to be for building a cabinet, just something where i can play my capcom fighting evolution game on.[/QUOTE]

Street Fighter Anniversary Arcade stick. $60.

[quote name='Tromack']No pics yet. In fact, I haven't started yet. I get the month of August off, so that's where all my time is going. I thought about building a cocktail, but I just couldn't avoid the classic appeal of the standard upright cabinet.[/QUOTE]

I wanted an upright to be my first cab too but there's simply no room in the house for it at the moment. I'm planning on building a mini upright cabinet for my daughter after the cocktail is finished so that will be fun. It's only going to play the classics in horizontal mode though... I'll post pics of my cocktail when I get a chance.

[quote name='supersk']
can anyone recommend another decent arcade style joystick that's cheaper? doesn't have to be for building a cabinet, just something where i can play my capcom fighting evolution game on.[/QUOTE]

I forget the brand but there's one at my Gamestop that's only $20 (it's been sitting there forever covered in dust) and the buttons seem better than the 1 player X-Arcade stick we have too. It's universal. You should try looking behind the counters at game stores.

[quote name='Hellacious']They aren't the best sticks but are far from the worst also. I replaced the stick with an Ultimate 8-way and competition buttons from Happ and its a very solid stick now. Some people complain that their is lag using it on PC but I do not see this lag with my particular x-arcade. Mine is a solo.[/QUOTE]

Which company does have the best controller?

I had the X-Arcade and returned it due to button lag in Xbox games and just wouldn't work at all with some PS2 titles. Hunk o' junk, IMO.

i had an xarcade dual and it is just too cramped to play with 2 people. you're gonna be elbowing eachother all day. also the lag is unbearable when playing fighting games and you are trying to link moves together that you know you can do in a real arcade with ease.

if you are just going to play on console, get the streetfighter anniversary stick and mod the buttons and joystick out with happ competition parts (pretty much the standard in US arcades). $60 stick plus about $25 in parts. read here for an easy tutorial to mod the stick http://www.arcadestickmonk.com/SFACmod.html best bang for the buck if you are too lazy to build your own custom.

if you prefer a japanese style stick similar to the dc agetec and want to play on ps2 (or xbox with adapter), get a hori real arcade pro.

I use this with my X-Box and mame, and fucking love it. Played Last Blade tournaments on it, and many many games of R-Type and Metal Slug. fucker can take a beating and still work jsut fine.

The is some really nice high end stick out there and some links are posted. The X Arcade and that SF stick are crap. Avoid at all costs. If you just want to buy a stick that doesn't cost so much and dont want to bother swtching out parts definately go with a Hori.

Get a real arcade pro, or if ts for ps2, it may be wise just to go ahead and buy that Tekken bundle if you dont have the game seeing as the Hori stick and game are absolutely amazing. I saw the bundle at Fry's for 90.

[quote name='Malkovich']The is some really nice high end stick out there and some links are posted. The X Arcade and that SF stick are crap. Avoid at all costs. If you just want to buy a stick that doesn't cost so much and dont want to bother swtching out parts definately go with a Hori.

Get a real arcade pro, or if ts for ps2, it may be wise just to go ahead and buy that Tekken bundle if you dont have the game seeing as the Hori stick and game are absolutely amazing. I saw the bundle at Fry's for 90.[/QUOTE]

Personally I got the SF anniversary stick and I love it. Totally worth $60 IMO. Great for SF anniversary online. Apparently the real fighting game purists are here if they are calling it junk.

Using controllers with console adapters: these can give funky results. Example: I have a Sega Saturn to Dreamcast adapter. Works great for playing SFIII, Marvel vs Capcom, Last Blade, etc. But I tried to use it with the SNES emulator for DC and it was super laggy.

bread's done
Back