Samsung 980 PRO 2TB with heatsink for PS5 $209 Pro Member Exclusive

Wow... this would have been an amazing deal but looks like it's been fixed. Now at $350. 

EDIT* Oh snap, you have to add it to cart to get 40% off. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting.  I don't own a ps5 but grabbed one with trade credit for pc use.  For the record I tried to purchase/redeem an online certificate but it wouldn't apply.

Man I got the 1tb WD from them last year for $180...

Deal too good to pass up, guess the 1tb is getting passed down to my kid's PS5  :cool:

Thanks! I also had enough credit to not pay anything out of pocket and could definitely use the space with horizon and GT7 right around the corner.

What a deal! Ordered the 2TB immediately for my PS5. Thanks OP.

edit. Do you need to update the firmware via PC before installing it on the PS5 to get the best maximum read speed? I read a few reviews on GS product page it says if you don't update you get about about 5500 MBps. If you update you get 6500 MBps or higher. Is it possible to update the firmware with an m.2 enclosure? I don't have an m.2 slot on my PC.

Paid $250 for the 2TB S70 Blade last night and then this deal happens the very next day… oof

Fair warning, there's tons of reports of people buying these previously and getting wrong size or without heatsink models.  So just plan ahead you might need to call CS when it shows up in a few months maybe.

First drive, 2TB, shipped.  Waiting for second, 1TB, to ship.

Edit: Both shipped now.

my 1tb shipped, shows preparing to ship on my account but i got an email from fedex delivery manager that an item from gs shippped from grapevine and will be delivered wednesday. i always said i wouldnt pay this much for storage, but compared to regular price i had to jump.

Ordered a 2TB version and it shipped and is showing delivery tomorrow. Sucks, I just bought a 1TB 970 Pro for my new laptop's secondary drive for $100 and now that's gonna get replaced... with this so not sure what to do with that drive. Already have like 5 externals from old HDs, LOL.

Man I got the 1tb WD from them last year for $180...

Deal too good to pass up, guess the 1tb is getting passed down to my kid's PS5 :cool:
If it's from last year, that drive might not be Gen 4/PS5 compatible.

Nice! Just got a shipping confirmation for my 2TB and will arrive on the 9th. Shipped from Phoenix to LA.
Lucky, mine shows just assigned a shipping label/request and coming from Kentucky. Due to CA on Friday but FedEx sucks and more often than not, delayed. My last GS order from just before Christmas I received end of Jan, just before my 30 day return window closed (filler for free shipping).

Mine arrived today. It was manufactured 11/8 so it was before the latest firmware, but my pc has an nvme slot so I went ahead and updated before installing in my ps5.

Mine arrived yesterday and I realized that this prob won't fit my laptop because of the heatsink... Ugh.

Now I gotta see if removing the heatsink will void the warranty.

Mine arrived yesterday and I realized that this prob won't fit my laptop because of the heatsink... Ugh.
Now I gotta see if removing the heatsink will void the warranty.
It's still fast enough for full ps5 capability without the firmware upgrade so I probably wouldn't risk voiding the warranty.

It's still fast enough for full ps5 capability without the firmware upgrade so I probably wouldn't risk voiding the warranty.
Mine arrived yesterday and I didn't update the firmware cause I have no M.2 slot. I installed it this evening on my PS5 and I got a read speed of 5800 mbps. I take that. I don't think you see much a difference with the firmware update.

Got mine today. I have a spare old sata SSD that I cloned windows to that is on my pc that I always have for this kind of stuff.  I just popped out my current nvme drive. Popped in the new Samsung. Booted using the clone drive. Did the update. Put my Standard windows nvme back in and booted to that. Took less than 15 min. 

Installed updated drive into PS5. Formatted and reported a speed of 6600 mbps

Got mine yesterday.

My old ass mobo is finicky (i.e., disabled SATA ports when m.2 drive is put in one of the two slows) because m.2 was still new when it came out.  Oh well, 3.0 speeds are still way faster than what I had (6x faster per Samsung Magician).

So 2TB is getting setup in my PC as I post, while the firmware updated 1TB is in my PS5 and reading at 6500~, similar to others.

Pretty happy with my purchase.  Excited to see what gaming is like on my PC with games on a big 'ol m.2 drive.

I don't have a spare M.2 slot, but I did have a spare PCle X4 slot in an oldish desktop I use for Plex. I bought a $10 M.2/PCle adapter off Amazon and it updated my 980's firmware like a champ.

And here I am with my cheap 8+TB non-SSD drives, because I (oddly?) prefer 720p 2D pron but max-res 3D VR pron that takes up a lot of space on my media server. SSDs really that much better for yalls?
Oh, lol, I use spinners for Plex, too. I just used the desktop to update the firmware for the M.2 before sticking it in my PS5, but since it didn't have an M.2 slot I used a PCle/M.2 converter.

I don't have a spare M.2 slot, but I did have a spare PCle X4 slot in an oldish desktop I use for Plex. I bought a $10 M.2/PCle adapter off Amazon and it updated my 980's firmware like a champ.
Does it make a difference for the performance of the PS5 tho ? Debating whether this is worth the effort, thanks.

bread's done
Back