Video Games @ Big Lots (YMMV)

keyblader1985

Wait, what?
Feedback
6 (88%)
Today when I went to my local store I noticed a sign saying "Video Games $6." There wasn't much variety and they were mostly budget games, but it may be worth checking out.

I remember seeing Geometry Wars, Kromaia, Apex Legends and IIRC a soccer game for PS4, and just Lego Worlds for Switch. I didn't check their Xbox games; all the games were locked behind the counter and they just brought them out on request.

Last edited by a moderator:
This might be good for a stop over, since it's right next door to my supermarket. Thanks for the heads up.

It's funny that you mentioned this.  This afternoon, I found 360 and PS3 games in a box that I bought when Big Lots clearanced out its video game stock years ago.  The more things change, the more they stay the same.

When I saw this, I thought someone had revived a zombie thread.  I think the PS3/360 clearance was in 2013 or 2014?

Might have to check this out.

Went and they were behind the register. Only two games both switch, Sonic Forces, and Cartoon Network Battle Crashers, guy at register said he thought they were $20. Don’t know if he was right or not but I wasn’t interested at that price. Hope he wasn’t lying to me.

PLEASE NOTE:

For anyone interested in these games they will vary by store, be either located in the "LOT" (a separate area with white shelving usually near the front with themed items) be locked up, or have cards you bring to the register.

Switch games are $20, Switch Lite is $199... However this batch of games were all $6. 

So far I have found the following:

Apex Legends XB1
Bioshock Infinite XB1/360
Titan Quest XB1
Just Dance 2015 XB1
Victor Vran Overkill Ed. XB1
Fade to Silence XB1
8 to Glory PS4
Life is Strange BtS XB1
Geometry Wars XB1/PS4
Dragon Age Inquisition 360/PS3

Remember Big Lots is a buyout store, so this maybe be the first and only or the first of many... So if you see a game you want snag it while its there!

Also, if you are a Big Lots reward member your coupons work. Including the %15 off for signing up emailed to you and the %20 off you get randomly.

Two stores nearby had the games in the movie section. It's pretty sleazy that two of the games for sale (Battleborn and ArmaGallant: Decks of Destiny) are literally unplayable due to server shutdowns.

Besides what's already been mentioned, I also saw :xb1: Battle Chasers: Nightwar and :ps4: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.

Apex legends has enough points for a battle pass?
Lots of complaints from users who didn't receive the 1,000 coins advertised in the boxed versions, seems to be a known issue that can be fixed by contacting EA support.

Last time I was in a nearby store they had/have 3 Switch games for $20 each. Cartoon Network Battle Crashers, LEGO Worlds, and Sonic Forces. Just checked the site and they've added Sonic Mania (NSW) for $20 as well.

Who was here when Big Lots in 2012 had that major liquidation / clearance out (up to 90% off) on all of their video game inventory (3DS, Wii, DS, PS3, Xbox 360) in-store nationwide?

Who was here when Big Lots in 2012 had that major liquidation / clearance out (up to 90% off) on all of their video game inventory (3DS, Wii, DS, PS3, Xbox 360) in-store nationwide?
The Big Lots stores in my area never had games to begin with.

Apex legends has enough points for a battle pass?

It does. I picked up the Lifeline and Bloodhound editions for $6 each. I can't complain, $12 for $20 worth of points in addition to 2 weapon skins, 2 rare skins, some banners, and badges.

It's the reason that I asked myself why I own so many factory sealed copies of the Michael Phelps game for Kinect the other day. :shock:

For those who were wondering, Big Lots has had games several different times. And even at one point they created their own labels. Why... I have no clue, but they were super high quality just plastered with ugly price and caption bubbles.

Anyone recognize these?[attachment=36708:20220225_200456.jpg]

Got lifeline n bloodhound…there was also dishonored goty

Also when I paid I got $10 off $40 coupon on my receipt which u can use on the next purchase asap for anyone wanting to get $40 worth of games n $10 off.

Got lifeline n bloodhound…there was also dishonored goty

Also when I paid I got $10 off $40 coupon on my receipt which u can use on the next purchase asap for anyone wanting to get $40 worth of games n $10 off.
The last emailed discount for Big Lots Rewards members had a 20% off coupon that ends on 3/26 although I have yet to use mine.

I spoke to a GS rep this week via chat support. The app really crashed last month and I had trouble using the $5 February coupon during checkout. My PRO account was credited 5,000 points for the unused coupon!

I spoke to a GS rep this week via chat support. The app really crashed last month and I had trouble using the $5 February coupon during checkout. My PRO account was credited 5,000 points for the unused coupon!
Congrats, but I think you posted in the wrong thread, my friend.

That's really great, but I don't truly think there are many gamers who are still buying the games in these stores. I mean, it's much more convenient buying the digital versions from the online stores directly. You don't even have to get out of your house for that. Man, sometimes I wonder when this game development industry will slow down. I'm just tired of all these triple-A projects. That's why sometimes I just like to get on the minecraft skyblock servers and have a casual Minecraft game with some kids.

That's really great, but I don't truly think there are many gamers who are still buying the games in these stores. I mean, it's much more convenient buying the digital versions from the online stores directly. You don't even have to get out of your house for that.
I don't mind a physical copy at $6.

I guess I'm late to the party. Are these near the register or something?

I never get any email offers from them anymore, even though I'm still set to receive emails. I rarely even get the $5 Off $15 coupon that you're supposed to get every three visits.

[attachment=36853:IMG_7423.jpg]

This was what was available at my local big lots, all $6 each.  No switch games that I could see.  My big lots is hella ratchet and had no prices on anything.

When I checked out the selection 3-4 weeks ago, there were only about 5-6 games on the shelf.  Has anyone noticed any restocks or was it just the initial drop?

attachicon.gif
IMG_7423.jpg

This was what was available at my local big lots, all $6 each. No switch games that I could see. My big lots is hella ratchet and had no prices on anything.
For those still looking, I found some by the registers at my local Big Lots. Pretty much the same games as the above picture. I got Geometry Wars 3 on Xbox One and Kromaia on PS4.

[attachment=37254:A174CA26-3891-4ED2-A686-A7C3F11E9AF7.jpeg]
Got Geometry Wars 3 for PS4. Rang up as $5 instead of $6. Didn’t care to check the others to see if they were cheaper than displayed.

Video games inexplicably showed up at my local Big Lots again.  They had them near the register. 

I picked up the Xbox One versions of Battlechasers: Nightwar and Victor Vran: Overkill Edition today for $6 each.  Most of the same ones that people posted last year were included in the assortment.  

Big Lots Rewards members, check your emails.  I have a $5 off $15 or $15 off $75 purchase coupon in my inbox that appears to expire today, and there is another separate emailed offer for $10 off $40.  Perfect for making these already cheap games even cheaper.

The $10 off 40 is for all members, but I think the 5 off 15 is just you.
Thanks for clarifying. That said, I still had difficulty finding at least $15 worth of stuff to buy in order to use the coupon. I bought Fade to Silence for Xbox One and a bunch of cheap Blu-Rays and DVDs that turned out to be even cheaper because of the store-wide clearance event that was going on.

I usually just buy some necessities; toilet paper, laundry or dish soap, trash bags, and a snack or two to fill out the total. That said, $40 is still a tall order.

I just got an email with a $10 off $20 purchase coupon added to my account, not sure if it's per account or universal. Coupon code is BIGDEAL1 for online purchases but there's no video games online, otherwise it's a barcode in the account. Expires Sept 20th.

bread's done
Back