Best Buy Spring Video Game Sale 4/4 - 4/10

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Each day, a featured video game, plus a gaming accessory or in-game currency will be on sale for one day only. Saving amounts will increase by $5 daily, concluding with $40 savings on Sunday’s selections.

Best Buy Spring Video Game Sale

Today's Deals:

Cyberpunk 2077 $4.99

HyperX - Cloud Stinger Core Wired Stereo Gaming Headset $14.99

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh great, another Best Buy check back every day deal. I'll surely get my hopes up for this.

At least last time they had the decency to start with Breath of the Wild.

My guess is the $40 off sale will be $40 off the MSPR of 59.99 for Cyberpunk, making it 19.99.
It will more than likely be Far Cry 6 or Deathloop based on what stores have been flooded with since the holiday.

Starting to lose hope for my elden ring steelbook that will be cancelled in April 7 if it doesn’t get fulfilled. Anything I can do keep waiting on it without getting cancelled?

Damn it bestbuy fulfill my elden ring steelbook order tf. It’s about to get cancelled
I'm gonna assume they're sold out and are going to cancel it on you. Have you talked to online customer service about it? Threaten to return the game? Ask for compensation? Mention how the steelbook was the biggest factor in you buying the game from them.

I bought this for $10 at the last best buy sale and I thought the game was okay for what it was, that being said I would've waited if I knew it was going to be even cheaper.

I bought this for $10 at the last best buy sale and I thought the game was okay for what it was, that being said I would've waited if I knew it was going to be even cheaper.
Not to mention that the "next-gen" upgrades (which are free) are finally out. I've been moving away from getting disc editions for games like these but at $5 a pop for the upgraded (and the less than stellar original) versions, I may bite.

Man, and I thought getting this for $10 last summer was a good deal! I didn’t think it would get that low again now that the next-gen updates are out, but now it’s even cheaper than that??

I do not understand all the negativeity for Cyberpunk.  Am i disappointed that I bought it at relaese and the price sunk incredibly fast?  Yes!  I did enjoy it though.  It is not up there with Horizon Forbidden West or Outer Worlds even, but it was entertaining.  I compare it going to a "Blockbuster" movie and it being a dud honestly.

Wow, Cyberpunk is that bad of a game to be $5?
Not at all. At least, not after the 1.5 update that released a few months ago. It does feel a bit too ambitious at times and some ideas and systems are half-baked but overall I really enjoyed my time with the game. A surprisingly strong story with addictive gameplay. It was never going to live up to the hype post-Witcher 3 but it's a shame that the issues on consoles at launch forever tainted the game's reputation, along with CD Projekt Red. I get it, though. I'd have a hard time overlooking the past 16 months and trusting CDPR if I paid full price for the console version in 2020.

So far the best deal has been Skyward Sword - and then the $10 certificates going out... $20 was a steal to me!

Just stopped into a Best Buy for the first time in a long while. Man does this chain have the vibe of a place that's about to go out of business. Store was practically empty. Not much on the shelves. Most of it full price. The door security guy was spitting time at the customer service desk. Only one guy at the register and no line. Reminds me of the last time I visited a Fry's Electronics.

Just stopped into a Best Buy for the first time in a long while. Man does this chain have the vibe of a place that's about to go out of business. Store was practically empty. Not much on the shelves. Most of it full price. The door security guy was spitting time at the customer service desk. Only one guy at the register and no line. Reminds me of the last time I visited a Fry's Electronics.
Except Best Buy is actually doing very well from an investors standpoint. From Barrons (March 2022): "Best Buy stock was up 11% to $112.22 on Thursday, on pace for its largest percent increase since May 2020."

All retailers got hit hard during the holidays and inventory is still catching up. Best Buy's plan seems to be to transition its stores into warehouse-like storage centers for larger and pricier electronics (and warranties) that it can make bigger margins on. Movies and games, of course, are on their way out.

We'll see whether this works. Competition is always good so I'd like Best Buy to stick around so that Amazon has some competition. We all lose when competitors close shop, and Amazon has shown time and time again it's happy to just price match its competition rather than offer its own regular sales.

If/when Best Buy fades out, it'll only hurt us.

I’ll be sad when Best Buy goes mostly bc it’s one of the few places I can go see some high end tvs in person. The gaming aspect has been terrible ever since GCU disappeared

It's nice because it's free shipping and same day delivery. I could see them slicing all the stores down 50% to 70% and being just distribution centers with a small display area.

bread's done
Back