Cdkey got 3 month xbox live gold for $8.69.

I just used this.  Seemed to stop letting me do after a couple orders.  Guessing my CC company denied or something.  I'll try again tomorrow.  Thanks!

Saw a post on Slickdeals for a deal for $9 for 3 months Game Pass Ultimate, if you use a VPN and buy from Turkey. Anybody know the specifics of that deal? I'd imagine buying a month of whatever VPN (say Nord VPN for $12) and then getting a year of GPU ($9*4) would still be cheaper than this deal?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if the price went up ... but I bought two more last night (for a total of 6) and when I went to add two more, I saw the price jumped up to $10 something for me.

For what it's worth, turn off recurring billing before you redeem a code. I just redeemed five codes in a row, and each time they gave me a free month because I let them turn on recurring billing, then immediately turned it off. In total I got 20 months for like $50.

For what it's worth, turn off recurring billing before you redeem a code. I just redeemed five codes in a row, and each time they gave me a free month because I let them turn on recurring billing, then immediately turned it off. In total I got 20 months for like $50.
I wonder if this is a cheaper route than letting your GP sub end and then buying 3 years of gold and then 1 month of GPU to convert to 3 years of GPU.

I wonder if this is a cheaper route than letting your GP sub end and then buying 3 years of gold and then 1 month of GPU to convert to 3 years of GPU.
From what I understand, the best method is to find the cheapest method of finding GP keys - say for 3 months, then turn off auto renewal before entering the code, allowing it to toggle on (for an free month additional) and then toggling it BACK off, and repeating the process, essentially getting 4 months for the price of 3, so you can get up to those 36 total months a bit faster.

From what I understand, the best method is to find the cheapest method of finding GP keys - say for 3 months, then turn off auto renewal before entering the code, allowing it to toggle on (for an free month additional) and then toggling it BACK off, and repeating the process, essentially getting 4 months for the price of 3, so you can get up to those 36 total months a bit faster.
Best route was the Monster energy drink thing

Thanks I just bought this $68 and some change for 3 years basically. These 3 months get you 1 free month everytime you redeem them if you have auto renewal on. Also $1 for 3 months of gamepass on Xbox if you aren’t subscribed. I currently had gamepass for 3 years on an alternate account but it expired today. This was a huge w.

I just bought two of these (the max currently allowed) and I got a free month with each redemption, and then I paid $1 to upgrade to ultimate with an additional three months, so I got 11 months of Xbox Gold Ultimate for like $14. Pretty sweet deal.  

I just bought two of these (the max currently allowed) and I got a free month which each redemption, and then I paid $1 to upgrade to ultimate with an additional three months, so I got 11 months of Xbox Gold Ultimate for like $14. Pretty sweet deal.
Worth nothing that if you want more than two, you can just make another purchase. I bought 5 codes over three transactions.

Worth nothing that if you want more than two, you can just make another purchase. I bought 5 codes over three transactions.
Can you keep topping off your ultimate subscription this way, or do I have to wait until my current subscription expires? Or is that $1 upgrade deal a one time thing?

You can keep redeeming 3 month codes, but with an active GPU subscription, you will not receive 3 months added to your GPU subscription The prorated amount for a 3 month code is 50 days. 

It was around 6 bucks when I did it. So I was able to get around 6 months for about 30 bucks, great deal! That would have only been 2 months if I paid the official MS price.

Wasn't able to get the free month each time by turning on recurring billing though. The option just never came up.

Best way to use these is AFTER your membership expires, redeeming the codes on the XBX website will typically net you an extra month of service for enabling the recurring billing option. Just turn it back off after redeeming each code. You can stack up to 3 years and then use the Ultimate $1 upgrade offer to ice the cake. I’d used the $1 upgrade before so it converted back to the standard $15 1 month fee which still upgraded me to Ultimate for the 3 years I’d just added! Also the price fluctuates constantly on these codes I caught mine for $5.79 each. Requires 9 codes so be ready to make 5 transactions on CDkeys due to their purchase limits.

Best way to use these is AFTER your membership expires, redeeming the codes on the XBX website will typically net you an extra month of service for enabling the recurring billing option. Just turn it back off after redeeming each code. You can stack up to 3 years and then use the Ultimate $1 upgrade offer to ice the cake. I’d used the $1 upgrade before so it converted back to the standard $15 1 month fee which still upgraded me to Ultimate for the 3 years I’d just added! Also the price fluctuates constantly on these codes I caught mine for $5.79 each. Requires 9 codes so be ready to make 5 transactions on CDkeys due to their purchase limits.
So you are saying I have to turn on recurring billing before redeeming the codes to get the free one month? Planning to buy more of this next month, so I'll give that a try.

So you are saying I have to turn on recurring billing before redeeming the codes to get the free one month? Planning to buy more of this next month, so I'll give that a try.
OFF, otherwise it won’t lapse. They’ll typically offer you the free month to incentivize turning it back on. Also use your web browser instead as it doesn’t offer it directly via the console.

Yeah that’s what I did through the website, I got 1 month for every card I used. So I ended up getting a year for free because the 3 month subscription for one dollar was on. Once you get everything you just turn auto sub off.

Hey, thanks, OP!  My GPU runs out in August, so I bought two 3 month codes for $7.39 each, and I'll redeem 12,000 Microsoft Rewards points to get one month of GPU to do the conversion.  Now, if I can just figure out how to get my Xbox to stop reminding me every five minutes that my GPU runs out in 13 days.  :whistle2:k

OFF, otherwise it won’t lapse. They’ll typically offer you the free month to incentivize turning it back on. Also use your web browser instead as it doesn’t offer it directly via the console.
Oh, I always have it off, and used my computer to redeems the codes. Never gave me the option to turn it back on for a free month.

Going to have to assume it only works for lapsed subscriptions? I've technically had the same Gamepass Ultimate sub for around 3-4 years now.

Oh, I always have it off, and used my computer to redeems the codes. Never gave me the option to turn it back on for a free month.

Going to have to assume it only works for lapsed subscriptions? I've technically had the same Gamepass Ultimate sub for around 3-4 years now.
Guessing that's the situation I haven't lapsed since they originally introduced GP and nothing popped up. Still a great deal!

First time user of CD Keys - anyone have trouble using it? I've tried 2 different cards and it keeps rejecting my payment or giving me errors. Anyone have a fix?

Guessing that's the situation I haven't lapsed since they originally introduced GP and nothing popped up. Still a great deal!
My account had only lapsed for about a week, but my auto renew was off from the last time I’d upgraded a few years back. So maybe that plays a role ? Wild guess.

A few days ago, they had 6 months (delivered as two 3-mo keys) for $11.09. I bought two sets and extended by GPU by 200 days (each 3-mo Gold key is worth 50 GPU days). The keys were delivered instantly and no problem redeeming.

A few days ago, they had 6 months (delivered as two 3-mo keys) for $11.09. I bought two sets and extended by GPU by 200 days (each 3-mo Gold key is worth 50 GPU days). The keys were delivered instantly and no problem redeeming.
That’s good to know that the six months on CD Keys redeems as 2 x 3 months. When you convert to an existing GPU account, 2 x 3 month codes are more valuable than 1 x 6 month code.

my stacked GPU is finally running out in a couple of days. do i need to wait a bit for the conversion to be available again? saw some people saying you need to wait a month or so but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me

Anyone ever get a "Sorry can't complete your order, try disabling ad block/vpn, update payment blah blah blah" error?

I stocked up on GamePass last month no problem. I want to get some PS+ vouchers, but no combination of browsers or cards via PayPal work.

Thanks for doing the conversion of needing 9 three month codes

my stacked GPU is finally running out in a couple of days. do i need to wait a bit for the conversion to be available again? saw some people saying you need to wait a month or so but that doesn't make a lot of sense to me
I just did it after mine expired for a 2-4 days however long it was. It was not immediately clear, but they did charge me one 14.99 to convert the 3 years of XBL into gamepass ultimate. The credit card seems to think they got charged multiple 14.99 charges, but the xbox account only shows one. Annoying but should be able to clear up the credit card nonsense. And one 14.99 charge isn't the end of the world but I am annoyed it wasn't entirely clear it was going to do that or maybe I just clicked next to fast and didn't see it.

bread's done
Back