CAGcast #728: Like Oysters in a Blender

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
I haven’t watched Obi-Wan but I’ve heard that the criticism is that the show is a bit of bait n switch. Instead of Obi-Wan the show is more about this Reva character.
https://youtu.be/PqshrCAYTSc

I used to like this podcast.

Now it's a cynical, snark-fest where the hosts just snipe at each other like highschool teens desperate to look cool in front of the "hot girls".

If all you guys are gonna do is sneer at everything each other says or does then why even have a podcast? You guys sound like 3 men who never evolved beyond highschool.

I'm genuinely embarrassed for all 3 of you, but especially for Shipwreck, because he's from my state of Ohio.

Be better.

I wish you well, but I'm done here.

Regarding Obi Wan - what are the chances that Obi Wan uses the force to implant some memories of Padme(the mom) into Leia's head - which then closes the loop on the whole "How does Leia remember her mother" conversation in Return of the Jedi?  

I used to like this podcast.
Now it's a cynical, snark-fest where the hosts just snipe at each other like highschool teens desperate to look cool in front of the "hot girls".
If all you guys are gonna do is sneer at everything each other says or does then why even have a podcast? You guys sound like 3 men who never evolved beyond highschool.
I'm genuinely embarrassed for all 3 of you, but especially for Shipwreck, because he's from my state of Ohio.
Be better.
I wish you well, but I'm done here.
Found the guy who REALLY likes Obi-Wan. Enjoy it, brother.

Return of the Jedi came out nearly 40 years ago, Cheapy. No one is forcing you to watch all these Star Wars movies/shows. You make it sound like someone is holding you at gunpoint making you watch. If you haven't liked anything Star Wars in 40 years, maybe should consider that you don't like Star Wars?

The anime was good. The Thrawn trilogy was good. Parts of the tv shows are good.
Have you considered that you’re gatekeeping Star Wars(

I am enjoying Obi-Wan so far. Just nice to see Ewan in character again.

On the gaming side, just wanted to mention Marvel Snap (https://www.marvelsnap.com/). I got into the beta and been enjoying it quite a bit. Think Hearthstone, but short games and Marvel license. Very well done. Figured it is right up Wombat's alley.

Last edited by a moderator:
The anime was good. The Thrawn trilogy was good. Parts of the tv shows are good.
Have you considered that you’re gatekeeping Star Wars(
Visions had good episodes. If you're gonna tell me you're a huge fan of the rock band episode or the Twins, I don't know what to tell you.

The Thrawn trilogy are books when we're talking about movies and tv shows.

Your only response is "you must be gatekeeping," when you don't even know my opinion on Obi Wan or the rest of the tv shows. Mando is good, Boba Fett is terrible, Obi Wan has been decent so far, but excuse me I must be gatekeeping because all you do is parrot Red Letter Media and complain about how stupid Star Wars is. You're such a child. Anyone criticizes you it must be because they're Obi Wan fanboys!

The problem with Obi-Wan is the same problem alot of modern tv shows based on popular characters have, you can clearly tell the people making them aren't passionate about the source material/characters or in some cases don't know the source material at all. Someone who cares about Obi-Wan wouldn't make a show where he has PTSD and isn't using the force. That's not what fans of Obi-Wan would want to see. Just like someone who cares about Star Wars wouldn't portray Luke in the way Rian Johnson did in the Last jedi. This doesn't just apply to Star Wars, they did the same thing with the Halo show. 

I hate the argument of " if you don't like then don't watch it". How about the showrunners just make a better show? This would benefit everyone. One of the worst things about modern entertainment is how so many people are satisfied with mediocrity. Most of the Disney plus shows are CW level, with terrible fight choreography, bad acting, horrible dialogue and terrible sets. Why are people ok with this? 

As Wombat has discovered, SUVs are much more dangerous than a normal car. They are classified as trucks and don't meet the same safety standards. The statistics around them are shocking. You are twice as likely to kill someone or to be killed yourself while driving one.

Considering their horrific environmental impact, these vehicles are a monstrous obscenity which should immediately be banned and the people that manufacture them charged with crimes against lifekind.

Of course I bought the Gold Edition of Naughty Bear, it just wouldn’t be right to not buy it.

While it was bought as more of a gag, it’s actually not a terrible game. I’m actually on the hunt now for another game recommendation from Wombat, Second Sight. Just haven’t seen it at the price I want yet. 😄

bread's done
Back