Techbargains.com advertising CAG15, can they do that?!

daphatty

CAGiversary!
Feedback
26 (100%)
I just noticed that techbargains.net is advertising our coupon code on their site. Are they stealing revenue from CheapyD?!

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:

[quote name='daphatty']I just noticed that techbargains.net is advertising our coupon code on their site. Are they stealing revenue from CheapyD?!

:bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb: :bomb:[/QUOTE]

i dont think they can steal revenue i think anyone using that code the money would would go to cheapyd. no matter what webpage the code is listed on

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Doesn't the code only work if you're shopping through a CAG referral link anyway?[/QUOTE]

Ha, I hope so.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Doesn't the code only work if you're shopping through a CAG referral link anyway?[/QUOTE]

I think there was a GS code like that, but I don't think this one works that way.

No, they aren't stealing revenue.
Yes, it would be nice if they at least the person mentioned where the code came from. Not that it matters much, since there is PPLAY15... Now if it was CAG16...beatings for all!

p.s. the retailers track commissionable sales through the links, not the coupon codes.

EDIT

[quote name='greendj27']Hmmm....could it be this person:

Traitor!![/QUOTE]

2 posts, both contest entries. :robot:

[quote name='eldad9']Did CAG "steal" codes like DVDTALK and ESPN during the DDD.com sale?[/QUOTE]

NEGATIVE CAG TALK!?!?!? BANNINATED!

Did CAG "steal" codes like DVDTALK and ESPN during the DDD.com sale?

I would say in the case it was fine, we all knew damn well where those codes came from. DVD Talk and ESPN got their advertising out of the deal. The problem here is that people don't know what CAG is and the site should credit Cheapy such that he gets the promotion for the site he deserves. Like Cheapy said, no revenue is being lost, but the opportunity to promote the site is.

I dunno if we should be angry, I mean isnt this site about provide good deals to the general public, then again some recognition would be appreciated.

[quote name='eldad9']Did CAG "steal" codes like DVDTALK and ESPN during the DDD.com sale?[/QUOTE]

NO if deep discount dvd is emailing and giving all of those codes.
NO if they have a tv commercial giving away that code.

I think we know the traitor. um

[quote name='CheapyD']No, they aren't stealing revenue.
Yes, it would be nice if they at least the person mentioned where the code came from. Not that it matters much, since there is PPLAY15... Now if it was CAG16...beatings for all!

p.s. the retailers track commissionable sales through the links, not the coupon codes.

EDIT

2 posts, both contest entries. :robot:[/QUOTE]

it should be though coupon codes not links cause tons of stuff i buy early in the mornings during the updates i Use CAG15 and cause i dont go though a link your not getting anything for it ???????????????????????????

I posted from where and from whom I got the codes. Heck, I even linked to the thread at DVDTalk. I think the real issue here is credit where credit is due. They should have given a nod to CAG.

[quote name='CheapyD']No, they aren't stealing revenue.

EDIT

2 posts, both contest entries. :robot:[/QUOTE]

Do you get money if the CAG15 code is used instead of PPLAY15?

[quote name='guessed']I posted from where and from whom I got the codes. Heck, I even linked to the thread at DVDTalk. I think the real issue here is credit where credit is due. They should have given a nod to CAG.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you made it pretty clear where the source was from. Passing deals between forums isn't really a problem as long as people know where the deal originally came from.

[quote name='slidecage']it should be though coupon codes not links cause tons of stuff i buy early in the mornings during the updates i Use CAG15 and cause i dont go though a link your not getting anything for it ???????????????????????????[/QUOTE]
:lol: The sentence structure and use of punctuation was pretty amazing there, slide.

We've had people post deals here that they've ripped from SD or FW or other sites. I always mention where I found the deal (and credit the real OP) but each poster has to be responsible to do it themselves.

Hell I think I've seen some CAGers cop an attitude when somebody points out they ripped whatever deal they posted from another site.

[quote name='slidecage']it should be though coupon codes not links cause tons of stuff i buy early in the mornings during the updates i Use CAG15 and cause i dont go though a link your not getting anything for it ???????????????????????????[/QUOTE] Pretty much any link to EB from this site contains the tracking code. So if you are clicking on links from the EB Morning Deals thread, then CAG is probably getting credit for it.

[quote name='Follandboy']Do you get money if the CAG15 code is used instead of PPLAY15?[/QUOTE]No.

What do you do if the links with the tracking info from CAG don't work? My Home PC still won't let me use CAG links (page cannot be displayed) but it works fine from work.

bread's done
Back