Oh hoho hohoho best of patch notes:Citadel of Flame
• Fixed an exploit in Magg’s chain that was allowing players to skip the entire dungeon and still be rewarded.Dungeon Rewards
We’ve made some significant updates to dungeon rewards. I wanted to try and clarify them here. All of these changes have been the result of an original exploit which was letting players receive upwards of 20 levels by completing a single dungeon run. We initially closed this exploit, which caused some new problems. The result is this new system which should increase dungeon rewards for players who play though them normally but help curb inflation of rewards for those who are using exploitative methods to farm them.
1) Dungeon tokens are now rewarded at the end of an explorable chain.
This was done to stop players from repeatedly entering a chain and farming the first boss that dropped tokens rather than playing the entire chain. At some point in the near future, we will make up for this by making dungeon tokens a rare drop so that even players who are not completing a chain can make partial progress toward the rewards.
2) Dungeons reward 20 tokens for completion and now reward an additional 40 tokens for the first time they are completed each day. This means that if players can complete all 3 chains of a dungeon in a day, they’ll receive a total of 180 tokens, which is enough to purchase some of the smaller rewards.
3) Dungeon tokens should be account bound.
This will allow players to have a single character farm tokens for their other characters.
4) Last week, to limit the most extreme cases of dungeon speed-clearing, we introduced a system to limit rewards for rapidly repeating dungeon clears. However, a bug in that system caused it to impact more players than intended. This week, we’re updating the system to not impact clearing different chains of the same dungeon.
We’ll continue to evaluate this system in coming weeks.Engineer
• Grenade Barrage: This Grenade Kit skill should now be usable underwater.
• Short Fuse: This trait is no longer overwritten by the Grenadier trait. Also, this trait now works with underwater grenades.
The engineer changes are lol. I figured they nerf nades for sure. In WvW me and my two buddies, they'd go pick a fight with a mob (about 6 we decided was the most), run away like they were going to die and jump into the water where I would be waiting at the edge so they'd pass right over me.
Then we'd kill them all.
Underwater nades are so fucking op and they just got even better.
Now if only they made the underwater objectives worthwhile. (easy event completion but who gives a
about wandering Quagaans?)
The token changes are going to be funny to read the forums after since 99% of the QQing about it was that it took SO MUCH WORK for a cosmetic reward (no shit its guild wars). Now it doesn't take much work but all those people will still QQ since the gear isn't any better than your regular stuff.