Best Buy: 75" 4k Samsung TV $580 - TU690T series

Josh1billion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Very good TV for the price if you're looking for something big. The HDR isn't great, but the input latency is extremely low, so it works well for console games even if it doesn't look as pretty as TVs that are twice the price.

Link:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-75-class-tu690t-series-led-4k-uhd-smart-tizen-tv/6514052.p?skuId=6514052

Detailed specs: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/tu6980

On a side note... I bought this exact model from Best Buy two weeks ago when it was priced $70 higher. Very happy with it. But anyone know if BB refunds the difference in situations like this?

You normally have the return window/2 weeks. I see it says Black Friday price so no idea.

Nice for big and cheap. I like good HDR so pass.

Have one of these coming today to replace a 43" TCL 4-series in my workout/gaming room in the basement, pretty excited to check it out. Definitely going to have to use an HDMI switcher tho, 2 ports isn't going to be nearly enough.

Good catch on the 2 HDMI ports. That is weak. Even my $110 55” from Amazon has 4.
It's a Black Friday model, they like to do things like that to cut down the cost on those low price models for the holiday. It doesn't jump out at you and honestly doesn't affect a lot of people that are just looking for a big TV to watch. But yeah, that is definitely something to look for when you find a really good deal for Black Friday and want to use it for gaming or have lots of things to hook up.

Call them up and tell them you want to do a "Post-purchase Price Adjustment". You'll give them the order number and when they ask who you are matching, you tell them Bestbuy.com themselves. They will refund you the difference. You may still be in the window, no harm in trying, I do it every time this situation comes up and have never been denied.

Good catch on the 2 HDMI ports. That is weak. Even my $110 55” from Amazon has 4.
My Westinghouse I got from Black Friday 4 years ago also had 2 HDMI ports and I had to resort to a HDMI switcher and honestly, I didn't mind it.

Yeah, it's convenient to have more ports but solutions are always out there.

bread's done
Back