* * * * - 5 votes

Black Friday Videogame 2022 List and General Discussion

#541 Richard B. Riddick  

Richard B. Riddick

Posted 23 November 2022 - 10:07 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before but is bf basically non existent this year? In other words, will there be anymore new sales on Friday or have they already been released?

The economy has been "good" or "not too bad", that's why there are not really hot deals.

And possibly most deals have been showed already, with maybe a few surprises here and there on the day.

#542 Noshow21  

Noshow21

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:22 AM

I don't think it'll get significantly lower. Do you think you're 1-2 years away from playing it? Maybe it gets to $10 or so, particularly used at GameStop, but PS4 copies probably won't even be in print for a whole lot longer either. If you actually want to play it before next Black Friday, I doubt you see it go lower.

I bought it. I've heard the game is great and I don't plan on getting a PS5 until a few more years have passed. Plus I would rather play with the original character design rather than the Tom Holland look-alike in the PS5 version.

#543 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   24971 Posts   Joined 18.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:44 AM

Sorry if this has been asked before but is bf basically non existent this year? In other words, will there be anymore new sales on Friday or have they already been released?

Pretty sure last year, there were decent deals on BF itself, on Cyber Monday, and then the weeks after... I don't think most retailers bother to advertise their sales as much anymore, because they know they'll just have to end up matching whoever has the best price.

#544 EpicLoots   "Basking in your hatred... Feels quite nice." CAGiversary!   142 Posts   Joined 6.8 Years Ago  

EpicLoots

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:58 AM

How in the did you beat it at 50 hours... and the platinum too?? Did you skip every cutscene? how did you get to level 100?

The last chapter or two was just... bad. I fell asleep 'playing' a couple nights in a row. And by playing I mean watching THREE HOURS of nonstop cutscenes with zero gameplay.

Yeah got the plat, didnt skip story cutscenes, but some of the skits I did fast forward cause they were just boring, and having to watch 300+ skits is just meh. Leveling to 100 was easy, just fought the otherworld bosses over and over, and make sure to have exp gear and eat exp food. 

I just bought Soul Hackers 2 from Amazon for 29$, hope its good fun.

#545 etcrane   A Damn Fine Cup of Coffee CAGiversary!   6664 Posts   Joined 19.3 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:05 AM

Feels a lot more muted this year … all the companies started throwing out decent deals without publishing or leaking ads. Just made it feel sporadic and less fun. Much harder to actually figure out what was on sale because all the big companies used apps with games listed, but not static ads that are easier to browse. Kind of a bummer if this is the new norm for Black Friday moving forward.

#546 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:17 AM

I've gotten some good deals for what I need.

#547 keyblader1985   Wait, what? CAGiversary!   4265 Posts   Joined 9.8 Years Ago  

keyblader1985

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:20 AM

I bought it. I've heard the game is great and I don't plan on getting a PS5 until a few more years have passed. Plus I would rather play with the original character design rather than the Tom Holland look-alike in the PS5 version.

Yeah, I don't know why they changed Peter like that. Let him actually look a few years older instead of being a perpetual baby. Anyway, if you want to actually feel like Spider-Man, this is the game for you.

#548 Fungicidial  

Fungicidial

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:39 AM

Feels a lot more muted this year … all the companies started throwing out decent deals without publishing or leaking ads. Just made it feel sporadic and less fun. Much harder to actually figure out what was on sale because all the big companies used apps with games listed, but not static ads that are easier to browse. Kind of a bummer if this is the new norm for Black Friday moving forward.

They probably figured out if they spread sales out that people spent more money. That's not even looking at the rise of online marketplaces.

#549 Batto47  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 10:44 AM

Star Ocean PS5 is 39.99 at Amazon
https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

#550 Series M  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 11:11 AM

None of the games on my wish list went on sale this year, but this has been the best black Friday for me in five years or so. I got all of my Christmas shopping done with some great non-gaming deals there and was able to pick up some games to try out on the cheap.

#551 Diad   Only a flesh wound... CAGiversary!   438 Posts   Joined 13.2 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 01:20 PM

Gotta say, same. This year is looking pretty "meh". 

#552 breakingcustoms   To The Max! CAGiversary!   3066 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

breakingcustoms

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:05 PM

Has anyone seen any deals with Nintendo Online or PS+?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

#553 DannyEndurance  

DannyEndurance

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:07 PM

I wanted one game this Black Friday and it finally dropped this morning to a "buy" price.

Life Is Strange: True Colors (PS5, Series X) is $15 at GameStop/Amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...PDKIKX0DER&th=1

https://www.gamestop...n-4/263902.html

#554 The Laughing Mann  

The Laughing Mann

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:08 PM

Star Ocean PS5 is 39.99 at Amazon

I'd definitely recommend it for this price. It's a lot of fun, and definitely washes the taste of the prior one out of one's palate. But fire up the demo and try it first, just to ensure you like it.

#555 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4995 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:42 PM

I'd definitely recommend it for this price. It's a lot of fun, and definitely washes the taste of the prior one out of one's palate. But fire up the demo and try it first, just to ensure you like it.

have you played tales of arise? I just beat it this week at 94 hours of gameplay. Generally I change genres after I finish a game. Watching some videos of star ocean, the gameplay looks to be the same as tales. 

#556 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:08 PM

I can confirm that the $25 Xbox cards are ringing up for 20% off at Dollar General.  Today only, in-store only.  I got $50 for $40.

#557 Sir_Fragalot   wants Startropics 3. CAGiversary!   8855 Posts   Joined 16.8 Years Ago  

Sir_Fragalot

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:14 PM

have you played tales of arise? I just beat it this week at 94 hours of gameplay. Generally I change genres after I finish a game. Watching some videos of star ocean, the gameplay looks to be the same as tales. 

I've played both and beat both (well one character's story in Star Ocean since there are two). I would say Star Ocean is similar to Tails but at the same time a little different. Combat in Star Ocean is about learning to dodge and not get hit to keep your combat points high since you gain combat points by attacking and lose by taking damage. Plus Star Ocean has a huge crafting element to it which can supplement buying items/gear, and also Star Ocean is a sci fi series. I would say give the demo a go, but I got about $40 worth of fun out of Star Ocean for the 35 hours I spent on it.

#558 ritchardf  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:17 PM

I can confirm that the $25 Xbox cards are ringing up for 20% off at Dollar General.  Today only, in-store only.  I got $50 for $40.

i thought this was a 3 day sale? is it one day only now?

#559 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:17 PM

I can confirm that the $25 Xbox cards are ringing up for 20% off at Dollar General. Today only, in-store only. I got $50 for $40.

fyi dollar general will have the mulipack for 20% off through saturday

#560 josekortez   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9101 Posts   Joined 19.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:23 PM

i thought this was a 3 day sale? is it one day only now?

I saw one day only in the ad.  I wouldn't wait, but hey, different strokes for different folks!  8-[

#561 Freeze Time  

Freeze Time

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:37 PM

I can confirm that the $25 Xbox cards are ringing up for 20% off at Dollar General. Today only, in-store only. I got $50 for $40.

The Dollar General I went to had the multi-pack ones in a different spot but I found them after some confusion and the PSN cards worked fine. They are $30 normally and then the 20% discount knocks them to 24.

#562 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:46 PM

I saw one day only in the ad. I wouldn't wait, but hey, different strokes for different folks! 8-[

the $25 xbox card is one day only. the Sony and Xbox mulitpacks are through saturday

#563 Romeo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4995 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:50 PM

I've played both and beat both (well one character's story in Star Ocean since there are two). I would say Star Ocean is similar to Tails but at the same time a little different. Combat in Star Ocean is about learning to dodge and not get hit to keep your combat points high since you gain combat points by attacking and lose by taking damage. Plus Star Ocean has a huge crafting element to it which can supplement buying items/gear, and also Star Ocean is a sci fi series. I would say give the demo a go, but I got about $40 worth of fun out of Star Ocean for the 35 hours I spent on it.

that is somewhat refreshing to hear. Tales of arise drug on and on. I forced myself to finish it. 100 hour games just aren’t for me anymore. 

#564 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5266 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:55 PM

SanDisk Extreme 1tb microsd for $118

Ultra is $100

https://www.amazon.c...,aps,238&sr=8-2

#565 ritchardf  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:06 PM

the $25 xbox card is one day only. the Sony and Xbox mulitpacks are through saturday

if you look at the 3 day sale ad, it also lists the $25 xbox cards

#566 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5286 Posts   Joined 18.4 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:12 PM

if you look at the 3 day sale ad, it also lists the $25 xbox cards

i just noticed it thanks

#567 cdeener   Love Those Price Drops!!! CAGiversary!   5091 Posts   Joined 18.0 Years Ago  

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:18 PM

Didn’t see if it was mentioned yet but if u need a year of PlayStation Plus Essential is $45.99 through the PlayStation Store if you need a year. I did the Target deal bought 2 $25 gift cards to do the 15% off for $46.25 to take advantage of the PlayStation deal.

#568 Nephilim_BC  

Nephilim_BC

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:27 PM

If you're in Texas/near an heb...the My HEB app has a coupon for spending $100 on certain gift cards (bestbuy being one) and getting a free $25 HEB gift card. So you should be able to use the $100 BB card to get psn/steam/Xbox etc credit and use the $25 heb gift card to get credit as well. Takes a little driving but worth it imo

#569 Gurren Lagann   Who Da Hell Do You Think I Am CAGiversary!   3376 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Gurren Lagann

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:30 PM

Will gamestop be open today or tomorrow?

#570 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5266 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:33 PM

Will gamestop be open today or tomorrow?

Closed today, hours vary by location tomorrow but most opening at 5am