* * * * - 5 votes

Black Friday Videogame 2022 List and General Discussion

#811 Nothing-   Tomorrow King - Interloper Kai CAGiversary!   10217 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 05:55 PM

Welp, Cyber Monday came and went out like a wet shart. 

I did just find my very first item of any note however though.  The Columbia Classics 4K UHD collection vol.3 is $71.99 on Amazon. 

#812 Sartori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 06:22 PM

I did just find my very first item of any note however though. The Columbia Classics 4K UHD collection vol.3 is $71.99 on Amazon.

It does seem pretty non-existent. I got a few things from Best buy but I'm not sure if those prices were already alive from Black Friday or for Cyber Monday but I don't care either way, a few older PS4 titles.

I was hoping that some of the out-of-stock items at Amazon would repopulate for Cyber Monday but no luck. Oh well.

#813 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 06:23 PM

So far I've just ordered a Super7 Ultimates Optimus Prime figure from entertainmentearth.com for $21.

#814 chibul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 08:15 PM

I did just find my very first item of any note however though.  The Columbia Classics 4K UHD collection vol.3 is $71.99 on Amazon. 

My experience is that Cyber Monday is incredibly overrated and driven by media hype. I can count on one hand the # of deals I've found in my life on Cyber Monday that were better than Black Friday deals. It's usually the same items at the same price or slightly higher. I'll never understand the hype behind it. 

#815 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   3440 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 28 November 2022 - 08:20 PM

Given that kohls cash typically only works on clothing and that's primarily what they sell I'm not sure what you were expecting.

Pretty much the only exclusions for Kohl’s cash are Sephora and gift cards. If you know what you’re doing, it can be a good deal.

#816 Twilightsparkle  

Twilightsparkle

Posted 28 November 2022 - 08:27 PM

Yeah.. I made two separate orders on Monday from Walmart that were to be delivered from a courier. I made another order on Thursday.

The order on Thursday was delivered on Friday. The orders I placed on Monday had said expected delivery Friday from the very first day, but once around 8:00 or 9:00 rolled around on Friday night it said that they were delayed and then have been just sitting in limbo ever since.

I went up to the store on Friday just to see what things looked like and they had many copies of all of the items I ordered on Monday so I assumed maybe it was still coming.

I went back on Saturday but they had sold out of most of the items I ordered but they did have one or two so I'm guessing that they just decided to hold those items for the floor instead of fulfilling customer orders almost a week beforehand and I have to wait for replenishment from Warehouse or something.

All I know is if they had shipped it out regular posts on Monday it would have already been here so it is pretty frustrating. but not a big deal the reason I didn't buy them when I was there and cancel the order is because I had an online coupon so I didn't want to lose the savings. I also don't need to play them right away so I'm not in a hurry but it is kind of irritating.

Well they delivered the Friday order today.  At least they put it in a bag since it rained yesterday and the door mat they left it on was still wet.  The order I made on Wednesday is still in delayed limbo.  

#817 Momouchi  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:08 PM

I bought two games (Demon's Souls and Tsushima) and have already put a good chunk of time into both so good value there. Now to wait for my new disc golf discs (each one is cheap but it is so easy to stockpile and spend a lot) so I can say I've used everything I bought.

#818 Sartori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 28 November 2022 - 10:12 PM

Well they delivered the Friday order today. At least they put it in a bag since it rained yesterday and the door mat they left it on was still wet. The order I made on Wednesday is still in delayed limbo.

I have been checking it a few times every now and then because I'm also waiting to fulfill the Walmart plus $10 coupon, and I have an item sold and shipped by Walmart now marked as shipped but it doesn't mark it so in the $10 off promo in the Walmart plus section yet not sure why because that says that's the condition to fulfill. I'll give it until tomorrow and then I'll ask them I was hoping to get that discount while stuff was still marked down.

But because of your post I thought to check again and now they are suddenly marked as coming today though it is a little late it's still possible I guess but that's better than delayed, but we will see if they end up showing up.

Edit: just as soon as I post this I got a text saying that it was on the way right now so I guess it's coming.

Edit 2: arrived.. way faster than Friday! Whew. And the $10 magically populated as well. Yay.

#819 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7822 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 28 November 2022 - 11:48 PM

Pretty much the only exclusions for Kohl’s cash are Sephora and gift cards. If you know what you’re doing, it can be a good deal.

Video game consoles are excluded as well iirc, along with the charity items. Though occasionally you can get kohls cash from purchasing them.

#820 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:15 AM

lol three hopes is now $28 at Amazon

#821 Hypebeast69  

Hypebeast69

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:32 AM

Honey extension being useful today. Notified me that nfs unbound kidnapper edition for ps5 at Walmart dropped to $70. Also senran kagura at the seams edition is $30 at Amazon for those interested. Still debating on Akibastrip 10th edition. Nvm the graphics and gameplay ain’t it for me

https://www.amazon.c...DKIKX0DER&psc=1

Trying to finish up shopping on cyber Monday. I think I used Walmart coupons last year like HOLIDAY10, WOWFRESH, PAYPAL10, TRIPLE 20, TRIPLE10 which no longer work for me unless I make a new account

#822 Solh0und   King of the backlog CAGiversary!   125 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Solh0und

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:24 AM

Has anyone's copy of Digimon Survive from GameStop ship yet? For me,  It's been sitting on " Prepare for shipment" for the last few days.

#823 shadowysea07   Cjenvy I'm ready for you awd this time I'm wearing pants CAGiversary!   7822 Posts   Joined 9.7 Years Ago  

shadowysea07

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:42 AM

Has anyone's copy of Digimon Survive from GameStop ship yet? For me, It's been sitting on " Prepare for shipment" for the last few days.

My copy arrived today without them even sending me a shipping notification.

Circle sticker sadly.

#824 DesertLeo   DontReadThis. CAGiversary!   2614 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 04:58 AM

Has anyone's copy of Digimon Survive from GameStop ship yet? For me,  It's been sitting on " Prepare for shipment" for the last few days.

Mine went from "preparing for shipment" yesterday to "awaiting product availability" today, sooo...no clue about myself.

#825 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16344 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:24 AM

I agree about DLC/Digital - I rarely ever buy anything digital. If I do, it has to be almost free. I picked up "This War of Mine", for example, for 3 dollars. I ended up really liking that game and would like to have a physical copy.

That game keeps me occupied for most flights as it's just so addicting. Best advice I learned was feed your survivors on odd days so you can keep track easily plus ration properly. Oh and have Roman do your dirty work for killing badguys. He can take the stress plus one-shot with sneak attacks from an axe.

As for my BF. . .I slept in because nothing was going on. Went out later, got our tree from a farm, went out shopping after dropping it off and bought absolutely nothing. Put that money towards dinner at our favorite spot and just gamed all weekend after. Did pick up Banners of Ruin and Disco Elysium on Steam because Xbox sales were fucking nowhere (they had more on sale during Halloween, wtf??) so my total was about $15 spent this year on the actual day. Everything else was presents for friends and family but that has been going for weeks now.

Basically, retailers aren't running doorbusters anymore and you can start shopping now right after Halloween. Prices won't change much and the few paltry deals you can find are usually unintentional promos. Digital sales continue to suck ass and this year was pretty bad for releases, so there's not much to choose from. Guess I'll just keep waiting for spring when games actually come out again. :???:

#826 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:28 AM

Well Walmart kind of stole black friday for me due to the additional $10 off coupon they offered. All prices below are with the $5 off each as I used a $10 off for each transaction of 2 games.

My haul from walmart
Animal Crossing $24
Fire emblem three hopes $30
Sonic Frontier PS5 $30
Mario and Sonic Olympics $20
Elden Ring $30
Dying Light PS5 $15
Temtem Switch $30
Lego Star wars Skywalker $24

Gamefly
Mario strikers $30

Also went a little crazy spending the rest of my gamestop credit on a new laptop. With the Rakuten Cashback it was too hard to pass up on. All in all it was a pretty good black Friday. Grabbed some other non gaming stuff that I won't bore anyone with.

#827 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   16344 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:38 AM

GL on Skywalker saga alone with all those new games lol. We played it for a couple weeks and only got about 50% of the bricks to unlock stuff and finished maybe 4 of the 9 films. The game is MASSIVE.

#828 TheLegendofTyler   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5308 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

TheLegendofTyler

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:15 AM

GL on Skywalker saga alone with all those new games lol. We played it for a couple weeks and only got about 50% of the bricks to unlock stuff and finished maybe 4 of the 9 films. The game is MASSIVE.

For sure. All of that is going to take me until next black Friday more than likely.

#829 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   2039 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 29 November 2022 - 09:46 AM

Bought a series S from Amazon for one of my kids, came with a $40 digital credit, any idea wth I can use that on?

#830 JohnnySako   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   638 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

JohnnySako

Posted 29 November 2022 - 10:43 AM

Has anyone's copy of Digimon Survive from GameStop ship yet? For me, It's been sitting on " Prepare for shipment" for the last few days.

My copy arrived yesterday, along with a "new" copy of PS4 Power Rangers Battle For The Grid Super Edition opened in the Collectors Edition case. Can't start the replacement process because the order is stuck in "Preparing for Shipment." I also can't fix locally since my local store is out of the Super Edition.

#831 johnnymavrik   The Evil Genius CAGiversary!   1247 Posts   Joined 18.2 Years Ago  

johnnymavrik

Posted 29 November 2022 - 12:08 PM

Bought a series S from Amazon for one of my kids, came with a $40 digital credit, any idea wth I can use that on?

Music, movies, and ebooks.

#832 chibul   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   140 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 12:23 PM

I 100%'d it and it took a good 2-3 months of gameplay, I think. Lots of fun though. 

#833 HakurenKyo06   Duane Follower. CAGiversary!   2039 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

HakurenKyo06

Posted 29 November 2022 - 01:19 PM

Tyty

#834 Sivarticus   Kentucky Fried Cheapass CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 03:35 PM

My copy arrived yesterday, along with a "new" copy of PS4 Power Rangers Battle For The Grid Super Edition opened in the Collectors Edition case. Can't start the replacement process because the order is stuck in "Preparing for Shipment." I also can't fix locally since my local store is out of the Super Edition.

I also got my copy of Digimon yesterday.

#835 Sartori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:32 PM

I 100%'d it and it took a good 2-3 months of gameplay, I think. Lots of fun though. 

You guys have talked me into it, with $10 off code ended up paying just over 20 for Skywalker Saga. I had never really played a Lego game until recently, my daughter and I picked up the Star Wars Lego for Gamecube and rather enjoyed playing it co-op, just didn't like that it was all prequel stuff, but it was serviceable. Now I have Skywalker Saga on the way and hope that will be a lot of fun for us. Thanks! 

As a side note, I really wanted this Skyward Sword on Switch. You CAN turn off waggle feature on Switch version, right? I wish this was available at Walmart or Amazon, not just Best Buy. 30 is my zone of interest. I have a pending $40 coupon at Target, but would rather use it on something like Tactics Ogre since it doesn't seem to be going on sale. Might just bite the bullet on Skyward Sword @ BB. 

I also see I need to start paying a lot closer attention to BB and what they clearance.. I've seen many things (OOS) marked as clearance I would have been glad to sweep up (Rockman ZX Collection, Collection of Mana, etc) and they were priced to -move-. I hate that these things show up in the search results and just say "unavailable nearby", but don't state they are out of stock on the website, but clearly are. 

#836 gospelman   Irreducibly Complex CAGiversary!   4138 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:43 PM

As a side note, I really wanted this Skyward Sword on Switch. You CAN turn off waggle feature on Switch version, right?

Yes. Downside is that you then need to hold down a shoulder button anytime you want to move the camera.

#837 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:45 PM

You guys have talked me into it, with $10 off code ended up paying just over 20 for Skywalker Saga. I had never really played a Lego game until recently, my daughter and I picked up the Star Wars Lego for Gamecube and rather enjoyed playing it co-op, just didn't like that it was all prequel stuff, but it was serviceable. Now I have Skywalker Saga on the way and hope that will be a lot of fun for us. Thanks! 

As a side note, I really wanted this Skyward Sword on Switch. You CAN turn off waggle feature on Switch version, right? I wish this was available at Walmart or Amazon, not just Best Buy. 30 is my zone of interest. I have a pending $40 coupon at Target, but would rather use it on something like Tactics Ogre since it doesn't seem to be going on sale. Might just bite the bullet on Skyward Sword @ BB. 

My daughter loved lego pirates of the caribbean

#838 Sartori   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1335 Posts   Joined 18.7 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 06:52 PM

My daughter loved lego pirates of the caribbean

I've been keeping my eye out for just about any of them lately at thrift stores. I did pick up Harry Potter Lego for Wii, I thought it was the whole thing, but see now it's Year 5-7 so I'd like to get the other one before playing. I will look for Pirates, too. They are fun little co-op games that aren't too demanding of her skill wise (though she is pretty good these days). 

These games kind of remind me of Jedi Power Battles, which I really enjoyed way back when. I don't care much for the Lego aesthetic, but it's not too bad! Thanks for the recommendation! 

Yes. Downside is that you then need to hold down a shoulder button anytime you want to move the camera.

So it doesn't use Z-Targeting (or it does and you're talking about just freely-adjusting?)? I didn't really play TP or SS, so I am sort of behind. Stopped playing Zelda after Wind Waker and picked back up for BotW.  

#839 KrayzieKMF   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5385 Posts   Joined 18.6 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 07:18 PM

I've been keeping my eye out for just about any of them lately at thrift stores. I did pick up Harry Potter Lego for Wii, I thought it was the whole thing, but see now it's Year 5-7 so I'd like to get the other one before playing. I will look for Pirates, too. They are fun little co-op games that aren't too demanding of her skill wise (though she is pretty good these days). 

These games kind of remind me of Jedi Power Battles, which I really enjoyed way back when. I don't care much for the Lego aesthetic, but it's not too bad! Thanks for the recommendation! 

So it doesn't use Z-Targeting (or it does and you're talking about just freely-adjusting?)? I didn't really play TP or SS, so I am sort of behind. Stopped playing Zelda after Wind Waker and picked back up for BotW.  

I think the digital versions of the lego games go on sale pretty often on the xbox

#840 soonerdoc   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1019 Posts   Joined 19.1 Years Ago  

Posted 29 November 2022 - 09:46 PM

Think this is $29.99 today at Best Buy.