CAGcast #745: Extremely Hardcore

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do a shot of $60 bourbon.  Get yourself a wide mouthed glass and sip it.  The idea is to enjoy it.  If you are just trying to get some alcohol down your throat like you are a 21 year old college kid then go buy something for $15 in plastic jug.  I'm not sure I'd even make an Old Fashioned out of $60 bourbon.  Sip it neat or on a block of ice.  Add a drop of water if it's too hot.  Drink good whiskey like you would drink good coffee.  

I saw Weird Al in concert last summer and it was amazing. He was doing a different tour than Wombat described. It was a no-covers, all original songs tour. Highly recommended. Weird Al is a national treasure.

Holy shit. After being told how great Andor is (it is), the crew go on to explain how Rogue One sucks, so therefore Andor must suck. And Ship’s definition of good Star Wars is Phantom Menace. Lmao, that’s all you need to know people. Wow

I enjoy Phantom Menace. I do not enjoy Rogue One. I’m simply asking which camp of Star Wars fans are liking Andor.

I enjoy Phantom Menace. I do not enjoy Rogue One. I’m simply asking which camp of Star Wars fans are liking Andor.
I'm in the camp of enjoying Rogue One but being completely frustrated watching Phantom Menace. I still remember seeing in Phantom Menace where there was a sky view of the city and outside it was just blank. It was as if those doing the special effects just forgot everything outside of the city. I did not like that movie at all.

Even though I enjoyed Rogue One I've found Andor tough to get though. It's boring and a real slog. Maybe it gets better but the first 3 episodes. It reminds me of Rings of Power on Amazon which is another sleep aid. When are they going to realize that the audience watches adventure movies for ADVENTURE! Preaching and endless dialogue is not going to interest viewers.

The first season of White Lotus sucked.  You'll like it if you don't like a main plot and you like to watch people live their lives.  It's basically a scripted reality show.

I have this issue with movies like Boyhood and Moonlight.  It's just about someone growing up with no real plot.  Maybe that's oversimplifying this type of film, but that's just how I feel about them.  Not for me.

I'm in the camp of enjoying Rogue One but being completely frustrated watching Phantom Menace. I still remember seeing in Phantom Menace where there was a sky view of the city and outside it was just blank. It was as if those doing the special effects just forgot everything outside of the city. I did not like that movie at all.

Even though I enjoyed Rogue One I've found Andor tough to get though. It's boring and a real slog. Maybe it gets better but the first 3 episodes. It reminds me of Rings of Power on Amazon which is another sleep aid. When are they going to realize that the audience watches adventure movies for ADVENTURE! Preaching and endless dialogue is not going to interest viewers.
Neither of those shows are boring.

Between Ship’s Phantom Menace fixation and Cheapy’s revelation that he has to sit down to pee cause his mom, sorry, his wife, was sick of him making a mess in the toilet, this episode really went places.

I for one side with Cheapy about the benefits of sitting to pee, especially late at night. It’s much quieter, and far less messy. And you may get a surprise poo out, which makes it that much more worthwhile.

Also Phantom Menace > Rogue One

I'm past the point of judging anybody's Star Wars tastes, but if you have any interest in the Star Wars universe at all (which seems all 3 of the hosts do in some capacity), you owe it to yourself to at least give Andor a fair shake. I have to agree that the first three episodes are slow, but a necessary prologue as buildup to the rest of the season. Some of the best characters don't get introduced until episode 4.  Episode 6 is one of the top TV episodes I have ever seen and a gem in the whole Star Wars portfolio. 

Andor is the Star Wars show I didn't know I wanted, but it is legitimate prestige TV. Imagine actually getting good acting in a Star Wars show!

I feel out of the 3 hosts, Cheapy would probably like Andor the most? Considering how much he makes fun of Star Wars "I clapped" moments, in Andor you don't get anything like that. No cheesy references, no awful lame Disney humor 

bread's done
Back