CAGcast #752: Hogwarts and All

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Cheapy and gang. I am mexican and I have to say that when I heard the "que lastima" comment I almost spilled my coffee. I laughed my ass off and kept smiling for the rest of the morning. I have eaten ants before as well as grasshoppers and maguey worms and I have to say that I didn't like the ants. Love the cagcast and I have been listening since I saw cheapyD on screwattack, don't even remember the year.  Thanks for all the entertainment that you  have provided over the years

I think SOME(not all, obviously there are a bunch of a$$ holes out there) of the backlash against people trying to cancel Hogwarts Legacy and the people playing it, is because the outrage seems fake, or at best easy outrage. Why haven't those same people been boycotting Lego for making Harry Potter sets that give money to Rowling, or Universal Studios, where she gets a portion of each ticket sold. It's weird they now decided that this one game is horrible and if you play it you're transphobic, but don't say those things about people who buy Lego or go to Harry Potter World.

Hey Wombat, thanks for the recommendation on Midnight Suns, I'm really enjoying it! I started only a few days before the Deadpool DLC came out, so I've been enjoying having him on my team.

I'm a bit concerned that I'll have finished the story by the time the rest of the DLC comes out. After the story is there still anything to do? I don't see myself doing another playthrough for Storm and Venom just because it's such a long game.

I think SOME(not all, obviously there are a bunch of a$$ holes out there) of the backlash against people trying to cancel Hogwarts Legacy and the people playing it, is because the outrage seems fake, or at best easy outrage. Why haven't those same people been boycotting Lego for making Harry Potter sets that give money to Rowling, or Universal Studios, where she gets a portion of each ticket sold. It's weird they now decided that this one game is horrible and if you play it you're transphobic, but don't say those things about people who buy Lego or go to Harry Potter World.
I do not buy HP Lego's anymore. I have no plans to go to Universal. People are more vocal here, because the audience is larger and interest is larger. To say people are not boycotting other products isn't true, it's just not in the public eye right now like this game is. To call the outrage fake is insulting. The outrage is real, read up on it: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/republican-states-aim-to-restrict-transgender-health-care-in-first-bills-of-2023

On my comment from last weeks post, I was only making fun of the fact that boycotts are stupid and never work and you have mentioned several times where you were boycotting stuff throughout the history of the CAGCast. I honestly don’t care how you do or don’t spend your money. By all means, boycott all things Harry Potter, boycott Sony for paying millions to WBGames to have the exclusive bonus mission in the game, boycott whoever you want. I’ll still think that boycotts in 2023 are silly and never work.

I was just pointing out that once again, a boycott didn’t work.

It's fine to believe in things though and not support things you don't like.

On my comment from last weeks post, I was only making fun of the fact that boycotts are stupid and never work and you have mentioned several times where you were boycotting stuff throughout the history of the CAGCast. I honestly don’t care how you do or don’t spend your money. By all means, boycott all things Harry Potter, boycott Sony for paying millions to WBGames to have the exclusive bonus mission in the game, boycott whoever you want. I’ll still think that boycotts in 2023 are silly and never work.

I was just pointing out that once again, a boycott didn’t work.

It's fine to believe in things though and not support things you don't like.
Cheapy liking the dumbest post on the site, is funnier than this dumb post.

Just because a large corporation is still successful doesn't mean boycotts aren't successful as well.
I have personally never purchased anything from Amazon, I'd say that's a success.

Also GB/GBA games finally coming to Switch, it's like they forgot it was a handheld.

I'd like to thank my Mom and Dad, CheapyD for making this site, Wombat for this nomination. Also, I'd like to thank Nintendo for getting me into gaming all those years ago and bringing me to this point. Xbox and Sony teams for continuing to make content for me to look for deals on. Whoever else I forgot, please know that this award goes out to you as well.

I updated my title just to commemorate this day.

Any thoughts on the Wired ‘review’ of Hogwarts Legacy?

Personally I would have been fine with it as an article but to call in a review just so they could give it a 1/10 seems to clearly have been done in bad faith. Even including blatant lies, like the graphics look 2 generations old, to support their low score.

Evolved Wombat lasted 24 hours. We can all it agree it was a great run.
The commemorative plate will be available for pre-order soon.
Never forget.

Hey Wombat, thanks for the recommendation on Midnight Suns, I'm really enjoying it! I started only a few days before the Deadpool DLC came out, so I've been enjoying having him on my team.

I'm a bit concerned that I'll have finished the story by the time the rest of the DLC comes out. After the story is there still anything to do? I don't see myself doing another playthrough for Storm and Venom just because it's such a long game.
I started this recently as well, and really wasn’t liking it much the first few hours, then it ‘clicked’ and I have been obsessively playing it as often as I can. Despite graphically being very unimpressive, the gameplay is incredibly addicting. As stupid as it is running around the Abbey collecting the little shards and going on picnics with Captain America, I can’t stop playing it.

Is the Deadpool DLC worth it? Is it something to pick up while playing the game, is he integrated into the cutscenes at all, or is it a fairly standalone type of thing?

A boykot doesn't mean a product ceases to exist, and like Wombat I honestly don't care if they buy that wizrd game, or buy a car from the most arrogant asshole on the planet.

A boykot for me is a personal and individual choice, and knowing that I did not contribute any money to X Y or Z makes me happy. 

Cheapy! Really want your thoughts on the upcoming game RoboCop Rogue City! I’m hopping you’re excited for it and will give an in-depth review once it’s out. Might be off base but games don’t seem to get you as excited as in the past but if any have a chance to stir your kool-aid it’s got to be this one!

I started this recently as well, and really wasn’t liking it much the first few hours, then it ‘clicked’ and I have been obsessively playing it as often as I can. Despite graphically being very unimpressive, the gameplay is incredibly addicting. As stupid as it is running around the Abbey collecting the little shards and going on picnics with Captain America, I can’t stop playing it.

Is the Deadpool DLC worth it? Is it something to pick up while playing the game, is he integrated into the cutscenes at all, or is it a fairly standalone type of thing?
The dlc is fully integrated. Deadpool is another team member, he’s around the abbey, there are missions based around him, etc. there are new research options based on him. He gets on Blade’s nerves constantly. It’s good.

The only "so called" laws on the books against transgender people, are the ones that minors can't go through irreversible surgeries that they will regret later in life. And the doctors who perform, said surgeries. Wombat should have at least clarified that, if he really wanted people on his side. Adults should and can do what they want, but when children are being mutilated and cut up, everyone should be outraged by that

The only "so called" laws on the books against transgender people, are the ones that minors can't go through irreversible surgeries that they will regret later in life. And the doctors who perform, said surgeries. Wombat should have at least clarified that, if he really wanted people on his side. Adults should and can do what they want, but when children are being mutilated and cut up, everyone should be outraged by that
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2022/aug/10/ron-desantis/transition-related-surgery-limited-teens-not-young/

It’s a shame you losers don’t choke on the red pills when you swallow them.

The issue here is that Wombat is politically and socially active and his cohosts are not. Shipwreck hasn't progressed intellectually and is desperately trying to love the things he did when he was 12 (toys) while pretending he's doing it for his kids and Cheapy is busy trying to figure out how to spend his money. Keep going Wombat, caring about shit is nothing to be ashamed of. 

You're going to quote Politifact? Come on Wombat, you're better than that. What's next, sending links to the Onion and Babylon Bee?
Quickly reminded why I stopped listening over a decade ago. I still take a gander in here once a year and laugh at how dead their listenership numbers are. Wombat's insanely creepy political takes ruined this show. Children should not be mutilated nor take permanently altering drugs for the sake of fashion. If you claim this is not happening, then you should have no issue with us banning such practices. Oh but you do. You ousted yourself, Wombat. Try not to touch any kids on your way to the keyboard to delete this post.

I'm about done with Wombat, Hes always complaining and has the most basic bitch takes on most things including his plastic toys. With all the woke internet complaining about the stupid Harry Potter game of course Wombat is. What's even more stupid is that his outrage and Twitter rants make the game sales even better. Well maybe not him because I don't bother following him nor should most but wahh cmon dude read the room. I have been around CAG for a long fucking time. I love the video game talk but ive had enough of Wombat I will take his advice and stop listening. He brings politics and he Social justice shit to something that doesn't need it. Even cheapy and shipwreck just cringe inside. Wombat reads the news headlines and becomes outraged. Thank goodness I have never read anything of yours on twitter. There are always two sides to every story but Wombat of all people just lets the other people decide his outrage. Pure basic bitch takes

Quickly reminded why I stopped listening over a decade ago. I still take a gander in here once a year and laugh at how dead their listenership numbers are. Wombat's insanely creepy political takes ruined this show. Children should not be mutilated nor take permanently altering drugs for the sake of fashion. If you claim this is not happening, then you should have no issue with us banning such practices. Oh but you do. You ousted yourself, Wombat. Try not to touch any kids on your way to the keyboard to delete this post.
I don't even try to get political. This whole bullshit is fucked as it is. The fact we even have to have this discussion is messed up. Just leave the kids alone let them be kids. With all the discourse in the world people like Wombat only have Harry Potter outrage left.

Screw those anti-Wombat comments. He's right about how f-ked up this whole situation is, and already in the past week we know that the top Hog people are gutter trash, like that Ellis guy.

I'm doing my part with this boycott, in that I really have no interest in playing this game.

Screw those anti-Wombat comments. He's right about how f-ked up this whole situation is, and already in the past week we know that the top Hog people are gutter trash, like that Ellis guy.

I'm doing my part with this boycott, in that I really have no interest in playing this game.
People are literally just coming home and playing their stupid Potter schlock game, friends of mine included, and you're insisting they are harming others. "Ending trans lives". Take your meds, schizo. And I don't mean your bootlegged HRT. Get a grip.

Yep screw all the anti wombat stuff. Stop trying to be his Hero fanboy. When someone is acting crazy that even the other hosts take a step back should tell you something. Theres alot going on in the world and for him to make this Harry Potter video game his Soap box issue is tells you all you need to know. Box fuck all of this bullshit I'm done listening and even interacting on this trash. The game deals have been shit anyways the past 12 years

I think the only question this week that everyone need an answer to is, who is ordering The Big New Yorker from Pizza Hut? Do it for Reggie! 

Quickly reminded why I stopped listening over a decade ago. I still take a gander in here once a year and laugh at how dead their listenership numbers are. Wombat's insanely creepy political takes ruined this show.
Two important questions:

1) What were Wombat's creepy political takes from 10 years ago?

2) How can you tell our listenership numbers from reading forum posts?

Cheapy, might be time for some happy drugs (or maybe up them).  You spent the opening segment trying to tell Ship his interest in football is a 'waste of time' and the next 20 minutes knit picking at a 'friends' attempt to voice his position on a matter.  

On the other hand, every time I wonder if I'm becoming too jaded for this world, you remind me I could be worse.  

bread's done
Back