NBA 2k23 Michael Jordan Edition $39.99, Standard $24.99 at Best Buy

Now that the story modes are entirely server based, these 2k games are not at all attractive to me because the myCareers cannot be played when the game goes offline anout two years later.

Now that the story modes are entirely server based, these 2k games are not at all attractive to me because the myCareers cannot be played when the game goes offline anout two years later.
Yep, didn't realize this and went to play 2k21 and there was extremely little to do with the game. Really sucks that they are making these games unplayable after a couple of years and I will stay away from 2K sports games in the future because of this.

Yep, didn't realize this and went to play 2k21 and there was extremely little to do with the game. Really sucks that they are making these games unplayable after a couple of years and I will stay away from 2K sports games in the future because of this.
Yeah, I bought 2k19 and 2k20 only so I could play out the myCareer modes later (very much enjoy those) but found out that starting with 2k18 the story modes are tied to the servers so those modes are unplayable.

Yeah, I bought 2k19 and 2k20 only so I could play out the myCareer modes later (very much enjoy those) but found out that starting with 2k18 the story modes are tied to the servers so those modes are unplayable.
This also ends up affecting their MyTeam mode too. Their WWE games get wrecked because of this too. And worse is the older games get completely delisted.

I quit buying their NBA games. I'll only play them if and when they show up on Game Pass. What's really odd is T2 purchased The Golf Club series and they have kept the servers live for every game in the series. Go figure.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back