Video Game History Books From Geeks-Line - Deal/Announcement Thread

kyoya

CAGiversary!
Geeks-Line Publishing is having a Spring Break sale, 10% off video game history books that chronicle the NES, Super Nintendo, TurboGrafx-16/PC-Engine, and also the Nintendo Gamecube. 

Coupon Code to apply at checkout is: PAX2023GL here:

https://www.geeksline-publishing.com/

Looks like the code is good until June 30th,

Source of the deal is here on their Twitter feed and Facebook page.

[attachment=37842:SpringBreakSale.JPG]

Bumping this deal because the Gamecube Anthology book (360-page hardcover) is back in-print and in-stock.  10% off code still applies at checkout: PAX2023GL

The Geeks-Line Publishing store ships worldwide and you can order the Gamecube Anthology here.

Other video game history books available (10% code can be applied):  

Super Nintendo Anthology - Gold Edition:  $49.90

PC Engine / PC FX Anthology - Gunhed Edition:  $69.90

PC Engine / PC FX Anthology - Classic Edition: $49.90

NES Anthology - Tanuki Edition:  $69.90

I bought NES, SNES and VB/GB and the coupon worked on all of them. Probably won't get the first 2 until the latter is published though.

Geeks Line puts out top notch books, but if you ever need customer service, you may have an issue.

I ordered the N64 Anthology sometime last year when they had the reprint of it, and they sent me the SNES Anthology instead.  Great book, but I already had it and it wasn't what I ordered.  I contacted customer service several times to try to get it corrected and I never got a response back.  Not one.  Kind of soured me on the whole company to be honest.  I ended up giving up and keeping the 2nd copy of the SNES Anthology which I will probably give to one of my buddies.

Thanks, I went ahead and ordered the Gameboy & Virtual Boy gold edition, can also confirm discount code worked for this pre-order item.

Geeks-Line has just launched a Kickstarter for their four-volume PS2 History Book:

This limited, numbered boxed set of the PlayStation 2 Tetralogy pays tribute to the best-selling game console of all time. From its genesis to the end of its commercial run, from its incredible history to its various collector and non-collector models, from its revolutionary architecture and Emotion Engine to its most original accessories and reviews of its library of over 4,420 unique games, the PlayStation 2 Tetralogy is the world's most accomplished series of books chronicling this legendary console.

These sell out pretty quick, so it might be a good idea to get on board and pledge.

Each volume will have specific dust jacket artwork:
PS2 Anthology Vol.1 - God of War Dust Cover
PS2 Anthology. Vol.2 - Okami Dust Cover
PS2 Anthology. Vol.3 - Prince of Persia Dust Cover
PS2 Anthology. Vol.4 - FFX Dust Cover

2024-01-15_100443.png

While the PS2 book looks real nice, I'm still hesitant to order one since they screwed me on the last book I ordered from them, and never responded to emails about their mess up.

Outrageous price on the PS2 book. I'd just prefer a single book for $60-70.

I disagree, this is four-volumes, covering all 4,420 games released worldwide (Japan, Europe, North America) for the system. Volumes 1 -3 are 380 pages each, covering everything from hardware, unreleased games, development kits, accessories, collector games and collector systems. Pretty extensive if you ask me and great reference material.

I backed this and added the Gamecube anthology. Stumbled onto their PS1 Anthology, wish I could get my hands on a copy of one...they are no where to be found (not even on Ebay)...which I always say if it is not on ebay it doesn't exist.

Another good series of Books is by Boss Fight Games

If you go their website they still have some things in stock from past Kickstarters. I ordered the NES anthology and tracking says should receive it today. Will give an opinion of the material.

I will say that their response and clarity in regards to custiomer service has been great. I wish there was a way to connect my purchase through the Kickstarter with my purchase on their site as of now there is not.

Their reply "....The website and the kickstarter campaign are two different things...."

Had had other questions that was just their reason as to why the two weren't connected on their website. I have been pleased with their replies.

I have their NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, PC-Engine and PS1 books. They are all excellent and I'm looking forward to receiving the PS2 set.

I was amazed by the quality of the book and the sleeve that it came in. THere is sooooo much information and all the pretty colors!

Can't wait for the Gamecube and PS2 set now.....hopefully they reprint the PS1 Anthology

bread's done
Back