Diablo 4 ultimate $30

Fantasytails

CAGiversary!
Hey everyone it's been a long time, hope you all are good.
I stumbled across a sale for diablo 4 ultimate for $30 cause I had pre ordered the original version a week ago. Canceled my original pre-order and now have ultimate for $30.
It was listed under special deals on xbox marketplace

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone it's been a long time, hope you all are good.
I stumbled across a sale for diablo 4 ultimate for $30 cause I had pre ordered the original version a week ago. Canceled my original pre-order and now have ultimate for $30.
It was listed under special deals on xbox marketplace
does this work on psn?

I was able to cancel with no issue. Technically have to request a refund as opposed to cancel. But I submitted a request and it was approved within seconds.

I tried this, but when I go to checkout with the UE in my cart, I just get a blank screen. If I try to buy it directly from the game page, I get a message saying "Give it another try. Something went wrong."

I tried this, but when I go to checkout with the UE in my cart, I just get a blank screen. If I try to buy it directly from the game page, I get a message saying "Give it another try. Something went wrong."
I got that at first as well. Went through after about 5 tries.

That was last night though. Wouldn’t be surprised if they are fixing it.

yea I forsee this just being the upgrade from Stnd.  to UE  I am going to laugh if you guys all get stuck with just the upgrade and no game.

I preordered the Ultimate already so no deal for me, except I used all bing points to buy it, so meh, not worth trying to return it, buy the base game and hope for the upgrade.

If this is anything like the other 3 Diablo games, I will get my $100 worth out of it easily.

This is one of those “deals” that may not come back to bite you until the next console generation … sort of like the free Fable 2 glitch … it’s not really linked to your MS account, so it works now but when you go to download Diablo 4 in 5 years on the Xbox Series ZFG you won’t be able to because the base game isn’t associated with your account. Just saying … MS has a history of having glitches come back to bite you in the long term.

This is one of those “deals” that may not come back to bite you until the next console generation … sort of like the free Fable 2 glitch … it’s not really linked to your MS account, so it works now but when you go to download Diablo 4 in 5 years on the Xbox Series ZFG you won’t be able to because the base game isn’t associated with your account. Just saying … MS has a history of having glitches come back to bite you in the long term.
My purchase history literally shows I own the base game so not sure how they could do that. I’ll take screenshots to prove them wrong if they did:

I just did it as well, still seems to be working. I also second what was said earlier, it shows you owning the base game and ultimate content.

So can you play the Xbox purchased version on PC somehow? Thru Battle.net or something else?  :oldman:

I played the beta a few times, was not impressed. But the reviews seems to look good so far oddly enough...

I was able to cancel and got a confirmation email for the cancellation. But in my order history online it still shows a pre order for the standard edition for $69.99 and a pre order of the ultimate edition for $30. The ultimate edition gives me the option to cancel but the standard at $69.99 does not (I already cancelled it so maybe that's why, not sure). Can't tell if this worked or if I'm about to be charged $100

Depending on how long ago you preordered the standard edition, you may or may not have a cancel option. I didn’t. I had to go to request a refund (believe it’s under “Order Help”). And then used cancel a preorder as my reason. Says it could take 72 hours to review but mine was approved in a matter of seconds, probably because it was a preorder.

My standard edition now shows Refunded (refunded some credit which is now on my account as well as the rest on a credit card). And my ultimate is just the $30 and shows it includes both the base game and ultimate extras.

Everything looks just as it should as far as charges and what I own.

I was able to cancel and got a confirmation email for the cancellation. But in my order history online it still shows a pre order for the standard edition for $69.99 and a pre order of the ultimate edition for $30. The ultimate edition gives me the option to cancel but the standard at $69.99 does not (I already cancelled it so maybe that's why, not sure). Can't tell if this worked or if I'm about to be charged $100
If yoy used credit they already took it and refunded the standard.

So can you play the Xbox purchased version on PC somehow? Thru Battle.net or something else? :oldman:

I played the beta a few times, was not impressed. But the reviews seems to look good so far oddly enough...
This is Activision we're talking about, mate. They would never allow you to do that :shame:

They let us keep the resident evil glitch a few years back.

Depending on how long ago you preordered the standard edition, you may or may not have a cancel option. I didn’t. I had to go to request a refund (believe it’s under “Order Help”). And then used cancel a preorder as my reason. Says it could take 72 hours to review but mine was approved in a matter of seconds, probably because it was a preorder.

My standard edition now shows Refunded (refunded some credit which is now on my account as well as the rest on a credit card). And my ultimate is just the $30 and shows it includes both the base game and ultimate extras.

This is what I just did as well. Got the refund in seconds and own and am downloading the UE now.

Mine did show the cancel button and I selected that. Got an email confirmation but it still shows on my order history as "pre-ordered" online.[attachment=37949:Screenshot_20230531-123258~2.png]

The difference is that Fable 2 game was technically listed as different from the Full Fable 2 digital version. The episodic Fable II is not even available on Xbox One.

RE4 is fine because it was a price error. I think the only time MS revokes licenses is when a game is accidently listed as "Free" like Fallout4 and a few other games the past few years.

I’m shocked this hasn’t been put on…well, I won’t say that site’s name…but that’s a good thing and probably the reason the deal is still alive. Might be numbers in the double digits doing it vs thousands.

I was able to just do it as well. Ordered the normal version, got the prompt for the UE upgrade, then cancelled the normal version and got the refund/cancellation notice already.

Well, rolled the dice but still not convinced MS isn’t savvy enough to reverse this. Worst case, the Ultimate Edition upgrade might still apply if you buy a physical copy of the base game if it does end up getting reversed.

Strange. If you go under details does it maybe show the refund or cancellation?
No no option for anything, just shows my billing address and total.

I did the same and it said the same. I just checked now after I got my refund email and it now shows refunded....probably a lag.

Here's hoping this works for all of us. Thanks OP!!!
Mine still doesn't say refunded, hopefully just a lag like you said but getting sorta worried. Definitely don't want to pay $100 for this. When I filter the orders to refunded nothing shows up as well. But I definitely got the cancellation email.

Well, rolled the dice but still not convinced MS isn’t savvy enough to reverse this. Worst case, the Ultimate Edition upgrade might still apply if you buy a physical copy of the base game if it does end up getting reversed.
I don't think they'll reverse it. The most they'll probably do is just kill the JFY deal before it gets out of control.

Their management site for orders is trash; it doesn't allow me to see far enough back and the original email for the order just takes me to the same garbage page. How hard is it to allow a searchable order history? Not sure I even care enough TBH.

The difference is that Fable 2 game was technically listed as different from the Full Fable 2 digital version. The episodic Fable II is not even available on Xbox One.

RE4 is fine because it was a price error. I think the only time MS revokes licenses is when a game is accidently listed as "Free" like Fallout4 and a few other games the past few years.
If I remember correctly, the error was fixed the next day but then was available again for a few more days before it was fixed for good. The best deal I ever got and I still haven't played any of the games. lol

bread's done
Back