CircuitCity Cheap ass return???

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!
Feedback
107 (100%)
Ok first off i bought the Rainbow Six 3/ XBOX starter kit and looked at the receipt and was wondering if there is any way i could just return the XBOX Starter kit.... It has the price of the starter kit at 39.98 and the R63 game at .01 and then i looked down a couple of lines and it says promotional discount on item 2 which is the XBOX Starter kit, so whats the chances that i could get a gift card for the starter kit only without taking back the R63 game, i also had them print me out a Gift Receit.....

I'd say slim to none. It would cease to be a promotion then without both items, therefore resulting in a full price for R63. I've never tried it however...

They'll charge you full price for the item you didn't return.

I know this, because back during the big sale last year, i tried to return some games, but they took away my discount on the others and charged me full on the games i kept.

So i got a gift receipt and would if i tried to say it was a gift....what would happen would they just take the Starter kit and then slap me in the face and say ur an idiot lol

you'll get charged full price for the promo items that you don't return. they have the same policy for items that come with a free gift card. if you return the item without the gift card, they charge you for the amount on the gift card. i read their policy like 2 weeks ago at my local store. :lol:

well at target where i work, like the playstation 2 systems had a coupon for a free set of speakers for you tv (retailed at 39.99). so u needed a coupon, well when people returned it, they also got the price of the speakers back. so the paid 199.99 plus tax (cuz the speakers were free) and they got back 139.98 plus tax for it. it just depends. but CC's return people are wankers so probably not man

yes yes i think that would work but dont thye keep ur name on the computers there cuz of there no hassle return policy get back to me karmapolice and tell me if they let u do it thx

Circuit City specifically says all items must be returned to get money back.

"Subtotal reflects a promotional package discount. Returns for promotional package items will only be accepted if all components of the promotional package are returned. Individual package components may be exchanged if defective."

And the only place that will do a return without a receipt is Wal-Mart.

Interesting that this apparently works in-store, did you have to show them a printout or did it just scan that way?

Just so everyone knows I work at Circuit City and the only way that you can return it without a receipt is if a manager makes an exception. The official corporate policy is no returns without a receipt. Also if you try to return the kit without the returning RS3 they will charge you full price for the game.

[quote name='sj41']Will they accept it without a reciept?[/quote]

Most likely, no. What they'll do is ask for your name/address or the credit card which you purchased it from so they can look up your receipt on their systems, which hold all transactions for the last 9 months. Only after Christmas do they allow returns without receipts, and even then it depends on who's working in customer service and the temperment of the CS supervisor.

bread's done
Back