Nintendo is officially retarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Mammal Wax

CAGiversary!
I was reading the IGN Gamecube mailbag and I came across a letter that made a point that I had pondered long ago and had just resurfaced...

...what the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

Mario Sunshine...sucked.

And that's all we got. Is that the only exclusive Nintendo platformer? I love platformers. What the hell?

Look at Sony:
They released Jak and Daxter...and then TWO SEQUELS!!!!
They released Ratchet and Clank...and then TWO SEQUELS!!!!
They released Sly Cooper...and then A SEQUEL!!!

And each of these franchises has a game in development!

And there's a friggin' ORIGINAL Daxter game scheduled for release on the PSP later this year.

How many exclusive, quality, First-Person-Shooters are there on the GameCube? Name one. What...is Geist the first exclusive FPS on the system? Have there been others? Are they so lackluster that their name are totally unfamiliar?

What about XBOX? Playstation? Can you name FPSs for those systems? I bet you can.

RPGs? Sure it's got Baiten Kaitos and some kind of Final Fantasy down-grade. Wind Waker kicked ass, no doubt, Four Swords was silly though--just gimmicky crap trying to push the connectivity feature. But is that all? Name all the good PS2 RPGs you can think of...I don't think you have enough room using all of your fingers.

What the hell, Nintendo? NES and SNES kicked ass, N64...kinda sucked...but had it's shining moments...why have you decided to alienate gamers? I've been waiting for an awesome, graphically advanced, Pokemon RPG on the GameCube since launch (the last Pokemon game I played was Blue)...and you're releasing this crap that looks like first-gen PS2. Have Iwata and Miyamoto just gone off the deep end? Are they doing lines and throwing darts at their "what retarded idea should we do next?" board? Is that what it is?

Goddamn, Nintendo. If you're gonna half ass it, just go third-party already.

[quote name='Mr.Answer']Nintendo FPS==metroid, but your point is taken.[/QUOTE]

I actually own Metroid Prime...I don't know why I forgot to mention it. I guess because I wasn't as impressed with it as everyone else was.

If you actually notice, Viewtiful Joe was originally an exclusive gamecube platformer but later bought to go on Gamecube and sony. You have to remember that every company has it's downs and this is a big down for nintendo but it may be up with the revolution. We'll just wait and see.

I'm not sure, I've sort of bought into Nintendo's philosphy lately. It really is about the games.

You're obviously not a nintendo fan if you said N64 sucked (even if only "kinda," because it was nowhere near sucked- it's only flaw was the cartridge [if you consider that a flaw], and lack of rpgs).

Also since Nintendo is the developer, it's constantly releasing material, it just doesn't have to be Mario 2,3,4, etc. Yeah, it doesn't have a big library as the PS2, but then again, the consistent game:quality/fun ratio is probably highest on the GC. I'm not gonna list the franchises or the games, but everyone knows them. Also, Tales of Symphonia was one of the more fun RPG's I've played this year on any console.

FPS aren't meant to be played on consoles (mouse and keyboard all the way baby!). I'm enjoying more and more of what Nintendo is doing (unlike a lot of people), it's really a good direction in my opinion. I think the market is too saturated with the same type of games anyway.

Crappy post with hardly any facts to back it up. I'll give you that Nintendo should make some other first party platformers other than Mario, but surely there are quite a few quality RPGs on the GCN and more so than Xbox I believe. Games like Baten Kaidos, Paper Mario RPG, Tales of Symphonia, etc. I really don't feel like getting into an argument over this. Can't we all just agree that each systems has its pros and cons and get over it already.

What GOOD exclusive FPS does PS2 have? The only exclusive FPS that comes to mind for the PS2 is Killzone. And I guess the original Timesplitters. Which both, IMO, sucked.

I also wouldn't say that Sunshine sucked, it just felt nearly identical to Mario 64, when I was really expecting something new and fun for Mario.

You forgot "Tales of Symphonia" for the GC. Although, in Japan, it eventually got ported to ps2.

Also, weren't some those games you mentioned actually made by other companies? Naughty Dog does the Jak/Daxter games and even though they very were recently aquired by Sony, they were not originally a development team of Sony. Basically, you are only saying what people have said for a while now, Nintendo lacks 3rd party support and because of this, they also have no great exclusive games. Nintendo is too small a company to cover three platforms (GC, GBA, DS) and still provide good games across the board. They are trying to step up by purchasing smaller developers they see potential in (like Retro Studios) but it seems a bit late in the game now.

[quote name='alongx']What GOOD exclusive FPS does PS2 have? The only exclusive FPS that comes to mind for the PS2 is Killzone. And I guess the original Timesplitters. Which both, IMO, sucked.

I also wouldn't say that Sunshine sucked, it just felt nearly identical to Mario 64, when I was really expecting something new and fun for Mario.[/QUOTE]

On that note, it's Sexy Time! (Smacks and rubs hands together) :rofl:

I have 10 good games for the system that I can see myself playing years from now. that's all i really need.

and the new Zelda is where they are putting every last drop of energy they have.

I don't care if they give mario platformers a rest for a generation...they brought back Metroid and retro studios made 2 of the most jaw dropping games ever created.

I'd just like to add that I had *way* more fun with Mario Sunshine than any of the Jak & Daxter games. The latter franchise just wasn't anywhere near as polished, and felt like a poor-man's Mario.

Ummm, mabey they dont feel like pushing out a bunch of games just to make money. They could make a bunch of shitty games and put a Mario name on it, but that would be ghey. Look at their games. Look at their ratings on sites like gamspot and ign. Their really arent any bad ratings becuase they make their games well. Keep in mind, Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, or some shit like that, but i do agree, there should have been a better mario game than Mari Sunshine, but i wouldnt say it sucked.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax']I was reading the IGN Gamecube mailbag and I came across a letter that made a point that I had pondered long ago and had just resurfaced...

...what the hell is wrong with Nintendo?

Mario Sunshine...sucked.

And that's all we got. Is that the only exclusive Nintendo platformer? I love platformers. What the hell?

Look at Sony:
They released Jak and Daxter...and then TWO SEQUELS!!!!
They released Ratchet and Clank...and then TWO SEQUELS!!!!
They released Sly Cooper...and then A SEQUEL!!!

And each of these franchises has a game in development!

And there's a friggin' ORIGINAL Daxter game scheduled for release on the PSP later this year.

How many exclusive, quality, First-Person-Shooters are there on the GameCube? Name one.

What...is Geist the first exclusive FPS on the system? Have there been others? Are they so lackluster that their name are totally unfamiliar?

What about XBOX? Playstation? Can you name FPSs for those systems? I bet you can.

RPGs? Sure it's got Baiten Kaitos and some kind of Final Fantasy down-grade. Wind Waker kicked ass, no doubt, Four Swords was silly though--just gimmicky crap trying to push the connectivity feature. But is that all? Name all the good PS2 RPGs you can think of...I don't think you have enough room using all of your fingers.

What the hell, Nintendo? NES and SNES kicked ass, N64...kinda sucked...but had it's shining moments...why have you decided to alienate gamers? I've been waiting for an awesome, graphically advanced, Pokemon RPG on the GameCube since launch (the last Pokemon game I played was Blue)...and you're releasing this crap that looks like first-gen PS2. Have Iwata and Miyamoto just gone off the deep end? Are they doing lines and throwing darts at their "what retarded idea should we do next?" board? Is that what it is?

Goddamn, Nintendo. If you're gonna half ass it, just go third-party already.[/QUOTE]

Why do people complain about Nintendo and talk about how awful their games are- then wish they'd go third party? If their games are so bad, why would you want that? I know I certainly don't find myself wishing that Killzone or Blinx was cross-platform.

[quote name='sketch226']I certainly don't find myself wishing that Killzone or Blinx was cross-platform.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I laughed my ass off when I read that.

Your opinion is noted (not to mention it's been said at least 10000000x2 on every gaming related board on the net that nintendo's been slacking this generation), to bad I won't remember it 5 minutes from now. Oh, and I liked Mario Sunshine that I will remember.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'd just like to add that I had *way* more fun with Mario Sunshine than any of the Jak & Daxter games. The latter franchise just wasn't anywhere near as polished, and felt like a poor-man's Mario.[/QUOTE]
A better comparison would be to say Jak and Daxter is wide-open Crash Bandicoot with more depth. I've had more fun with Ratchet and Clank and the other Sony platformers than Super Mario Sunshine, though that's more that I've played them a little more than SMS.

[quote name='sketch226']I know I certainly don't find myself wishing that Killzone or Blinx was cross-platform.[/QUOTE]

To tell you the truth, I wouldn't mind Killzone to be cross-platform, I really enjoyed it, but Blinx was meh and was one of the most generic platformers ever so I wouldn't care about that one.

Blinx? Generic? Are you kidding me?

Well, now, yeah. Prince of Persia's done what Blinx has done and did it better.. but at the time that it was released, it was revolutionary. Never before could you "rewind" a game, record your own movements, pause time, etc.. they showed off the XBox doing that stuff, and man, it was insanely awesome back in the day.

..speaking of launch, I should REALLY get Cel Damage. I may do that tomorrow.

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax']And that's all we got. Is that the only exclusive Nintendo platformer? I love platformers. What the hell?

I've been waiting for an awesome, graphically advanced, Pokemon RPG on the GameCube since launch (the last Pokemon game I played was Blue)....[/QUOTE]

Well as far as platformers, didn't they put out a platformer based on the Star Fox world sometime around launch, Star Fox Adventures I believe...
And then there was Billy Hatcher, which was and I still believe, still is Exclusive...
If you loved platformers so much, you wouldn't have failed to mention this game, because as a platform lover, this game was fun as a tornado bitch in heat...
They also put out Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, which was a platformer on a different level...
Excuse Nintendo for being creative, and not putting out 60 FPS's a week, and calling it a good time for gaming...

And as far as Nintendo being retarded, they still make plenty of cash, while you eagerly await a **POKEMON** game...
'Nuff said...
-Goatman

[quote name='stocker08']Ummm, mabey they dont feel like pushing out a bunch of games just to make money.[/quote]

First of all, a business is supposed to make money. Thats the point.

[quote name='stocker08']They could make a bunch of shitty games and put a Mario name on it, but that would be ghey. Look at their games. Look at their ratings on sites like gamspot and ign. Their really arent any bad ratings becuase they make their games well.[/QUOTE]

Second of all, this is the company that is making 7 Mario Party games in as many years (8 if you count Mario Party Advance.) And they're not exactly games of the year. Let's not forget Mario Pinball Land either.

Just to showcase another opinion (and to show that Nintendo is doing well), here's my list of GameCube games:

Beyond Good & Evil: 3rd party, great game
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat: one of those platformers you claim the Cube doesn't have, and it's exclusive.
Enter the Matrix: 3rd party, decent game
Gladius: 3rd party, RPG (and an SRPG at that).
Ikaruga: 3rd party, great game.
I-Ninja: 3rd party platformer, good game.
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour: great, easy to pick-up (even my dad plays when I go home), and it's exclusive
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: 3rd party, good (primarily for nostalgia, but I wish they'd used the Saturn version of MM8)
Mega Man Network Transmission: 3rd party exlusive platformer, good Mega Man game
Mega Man X Command Mission: 3rd party RPG
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes: 3rd party, great game, exclusive
Metroid Prime: Great FPS, exclusive
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door: my favorite RPG of last year, exclusive
Sonic Mega Collection: 3rd party, good game
Star Fox Adventures: good game and good use of license, exclusive action RPG
Super Monkey Ball: 3rd party, good fun platform/puzzler, and I think it began as an exclusive
Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker: great exclusive action RPG
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures: great exclusive action RPG trip down SNES memory lane
Lord of the Rings: The Third Age: 3rd party, good RPG
Viewtiful Joe: Great platformer that started as an exclusive
X-Men Legends: 3rd party, great multiplayer co-op RPG
X-Men Next Dimension: 3rd party, decent fighter

If my collection is anything like average, it looks like the GameCube is doing just fine. It may not have loads of 3rd party support, but I'm a lot more prone to pick up a GameCube game I've never played than a PS2 game I've never played.

And I don't own these (yet), but what about Super Smash Brothers: Melee, Resident Evil 4 (didn't the GCN version come out first?), Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, Tales of Symphonia, Baten Kaitos, LotR: tTT, LotR: RotK, Luigi's Mansion, Red Faction II, Rogue Squadron series, Wario World, Prince of Persia series, FF: CC, and PSO? All these are available for the GameCube, and many of them either are exclusive or started that way. Just because you can't think of all the games available on the Cube doesn't mean they're not there.

Hell, throw a GameBoy Player on your Cube, and you'll have more platformers than you'll know what to do with. You also get more Zelda, Riviera, Mega Man Battle Network, Pokemon, Mario Bros., Mega Man Zero.

Even two of the PS2's biggest exclusive series aren't so exclusive anymore. MGS and GTA both can be played on other platforms.

Well for me..i just gotta let it out. Nintendo really doesnt have that good games. Everyones always like its the quality of the gmaes that coutn and thats what Nintendo is about..not the gimmicks. BS, i had psx for a while, the n decided to get N64 cause of they're great quzlity of games. I hardly ever even played that. Maybe like 10 good games. Then i got ps2 a few months pass by and get a Gamecube. Sammme thingg. Idk, ever time i get a Nintendo system, it usually just sits there cause after you get passed like their 8 A games, there's nothing else.
My 2 cents

[quote name='Rabid Mammal Wax']
Mario Sunshine...sucked.

And that's all we got. Is that the only exclusive Nintendo platformer? I love platformers. What the hell?[/quote]
I haven't played Sunshine, so I can 't cmment on that. But there have been several good 2D platformers (which I prefer anyway) on the cube. DK Jungle Beat (not to be confused with the lame Donkey Konga) was a lot of fun, and quite original, although short. Mega Man Network Transmission had its flaws, but I found to be enjoyable overall. They're coming out with a Kirby platformer using SSBM's engine this year, and it looks quite promising from the trailer (http://media.cube.ign.com/media/716/716496/vids_1.html?ui=gamefinder_videos). Megaman Anniversary Collection isn't exclusive, but it was good (I never played the originals on NES). And though they aren't exclusive, Alien Hominid and Viewtiful Joe 1&2 are great (though I guess you could argue that they aren't really platformers).

How many exclusive, quality, First-Person-Shooters are there on the GameCube? Name one. What...is Geist the first exclusive FPS on the system? Have there been others? Are they so lackluster that their name are totally unfamiliar?
Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

I'll definitely admit that if you like FPSes, the PC or XBox is the system for you.

What about Tales of Symphonia and Paper Mario? I thought Wind Waker was quite overrated BTW (it's not terrible, but I don't think it's anything great either), and not just because of the graphics. Four Swords is actually quite good. Sure, it's hard to get a game together with four people, though the fact that GBAs are really cheap now help. But the thing is, it's not really a gimmick because the game just couldn't have been nearly as good without the connectivity. The GBAs actually make it a lot better, rather than just being something they throw in so they cna use connectivity. And regardless, the single player is pretty good too.

What the hell, Nintendo? NES and SNES kicked ass, N64...kinda sucked...but had it's shining moments...why have you decided to alienate gamers?
I like the Gamecube better than the N64 because while it's third-party support still isn't great, it's a big improvement.

I've been waiting for an awesome, graphically advanced, Pokemon RPG on the GameCube since launch (the last Pokemon game I played was Blue)...and you're releasing this crap that looks like first-gen PS2. Have Iwata and Miyamoto just gone off the deep end? Are they doing lines and throwing darts at their "what retarded idea should we do next?" board? Is that what it is?
They're making Pokemon XD right now (I don't know what they were thinking with that name). It's going to be a full-fledged Pokemon RPG. And the trailer looks pretty good graphically (and the particle effects are excellent), though I'll probably pass on it because I'm not a big Pokemon fan.
http://media.cube.ign.com/media/716/716652/vids_1.html

Goddamn, Nintendo. If you're gonna half ass it, just go third-party already
My position on Nintendo is that they make great games and always have, but they have the management and marketing skills of a box of doorknobs.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Crappy post with hardly any facts to back it up. I'll give you that Nintendo should make some other first party platformers other than Mario, but surely there are quite a few quality RPGs on the GCN and more so than Xbox I believe. Games like Baten Kaidos, Paper Mario RPG, Tales of Symphonia, etc. I really don't feel like getting into an argument over this. Can't we all just agree that each systems has its pros and cons and get over it already.[/QUOTE]

Tales of symphonia to name one.

Dear god it was amazing. One of the most memorable villains ever.

[quote name='pete5883']
Second of all, this is the company that is making 7 Mario Party games in as many years (8 if you count Mario Party Advance.) And they're not exactly games of the year. Let's not forget Mario Pinball Land either.[/QUOTE]

lol, don't forget Mario Tennis, Golf, Baseball, Soccer, and DDR clone.

Would it kill Nintendo to put some effort into ONE of those games, and bring us, say, Nintendo Baseball? I would kill to see Kid Icarus playing baseball against Link, or Mario going up against Captain Olimar and the Pikmin.

I'll check out Mario Baseball if it's fun, but how many times can they use the now generic formula of "Insert the same Mario cast, with few additions, into a sports game and let them have special powers".

I don't want to see Link or Samus or the Fire Emblem characters playing baseball. It's okay for Mario because it's a light-hearted franchise, but not Nintendo's serious characters.

Anyway, I don't see that much of a problem with using Mario in games as long as they play differently. Mario Party is trash though - please, make it stop!

[quote name='Roufuss']lol, don't forget Mario Tennis, Golf, Baseball, Soccer, and DDR clone.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure those weren't mentioned before because they, unlike the Mario Party games, are pretty good. Mario Tennis and Mario Golf were always fun. Soccer, Baseball, and DDR Mario Mix both got a lot of positive press from their E3 showings. Are they groundbreaking? No, but does that make them bad? Certainly not.

[quote name='alongx']I'm pretty sure those weren't mentioned before because they, unlike the Mario Party games, are pretty good. Mario Tennis and Mario Golf were always fun. Soccer, Baseball, and DDR Mario Mix both got a lot of positive press from their E3 showings. Are they groundbreaking? No, but does that make them bad? Certainly not.[/QUOTE]

What I'm sick of, is that of all the mario characters available, they use the same ones every time, and they just add one or two characters.

I understand some staples have to be in there, but the mario cast is HUGE.. I'd love for Mario Baseball to have teams such as Bowser and his Koopa Kids, but I know it won't happen.

It's just that I've been playing the same cast of Mario characters for a long time now - it's time for a change in the roster, or at least make big improvements to it. Plus, I'm getting sick of the emphasis on Mario Sunshine characters... I hate that damn piranha plant like you wouldn't believe.

Eugene....once again you make a flawed point.
Rachet and Clank - Insomiac Studios
J and D - Naughty Dog
Sly Cooper - Forgot, but not Sony.

Sony doesn't really make any of their games, just develop, whilst nintedo DOES create some of their games. Also, may i point out much quality is being presed on the GBA and DS by nintendo...

[quote name='alongx']What GOOD exclusive FPS does PS2 have? The only exclusive FPS that comes to mind for the PS2 is Killzone. And I guess the original Timesplitters. Which both, IMO, sucked.

I also wouldn't say that Sunshine sucked, it just felt nearly identical to Mario 64, when I was really expecting something new and fun for Mario.[/QUOTE]
Socom 1 and & 2 were solid FPS on sony...granted, IMO xbox is where it is at for FPS on the consoles

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Eugene....once again you make a flawed point.
J and D - Naughty Dog

Sony doesn't really make any of their games, just develop, whilst nintedo DOES create some of their games. Also, may i point out much quality is being presed on the GBA and DS by nintendo...[/QUOTE]

Sly Cooper is by Sucker Punch.

Are you sure Sony doesn't make any of their own games? They may publish more than they develop, but they do develop.
Games made by SCEI
Games made by SCEA
Games made by SCEE

[quote name='Roufuss']What I'm sick of, is that of all the mario characters available, they use the same ones every time, and they just add one or two characters.

I understand some staples have to be in there, but the mario cast is HUGE.. I'd love for Mario Baseball to have teams such as Bowser and his Koopa Kids, but I know it won't happen.

It's just that I've been playing the same cast of Mario characters for a long time now - it's time for a change in the roster, or at least make big improvements to it. Plus, I'm getting sick of the emphasis on Mario Sunshine characters... I hate that damn piranha plant like you wouldn't believe.[/QUOTE]
Actually, according to the official Japanese site, there's going to be 54 characters.

[quote name='joeljermon']Actually, according to the official Japanese site, there's going to be 54 characters.[/QUOTE]

If those are all unique, individual characters - that would be awesome indeed.

Hopefully they aren't just recolored koopa troopa's and those guys from Mario Sunshine (with sunglasses and plants on their head).

[quote name='rjarmstrong100']Eugene....once again you make a flawed point.
J and D - Naughty Dog

Sony doesn't really make any of their games, just develop, whilst nintedo DOES create some of their games. Also, may i point out much quality is being presed on the GBA and DS by nintendo...[/QUOTE]

As far as I know, Sony owns every single one of those studios.

and nobody will be complaining that nintendo doesnt make good games once the new zelda comes...

it was said before but im too lazy to go back and quote: "cant we all just agree that every system has its pros and cons"

[quote name='joeljermon']Actually, according to the official Japanese site, there's going to be 54 characters.[/QUOTE]

I double checked this... you were right, and it's 54 UNIQUE Mario World characters.

I've already seen half of them, and it seems every Mario staple will be in this. Goomba AND Magikoopa? I'm so in.

Someone even said Dixie Kong may make a re-appearance.

[quote name='pete5883']First of all, a business is supposed to make money. Thats the point.

Second of all, this is the company that is making 7 Mario Party games in as many years (8 if you count Mario Party Advance.) And they're not exactly games of the year. Let's not forget Mario Pinball Land either.[/QUOTE]

Ok, so Nintendo colud make a new Mario game very other month and make a fortune. Do they, no. Thats the Point.

Oh and congrats on finding a single game that wasnt great. You can look at the majority of their games and there are pretty high scores.

[quote name='pete5883']First of all, a business is supposed to make money. Thats the point.

Ok, so Nintendo colud make a new Mario game very other month and make a fortune. Do they, no. Thats the Point.

Oh and congrats on finding a single game that wasnt great. You can look at the majority of their games and there are pretty high scores.

[quote name='balzak520']I'm not sure, I've sort of bought into Nintendo's philosphy lately. It really is about the games.

You're obviously not a nintendo fan if you said N64 sucked (even if only "kinda," because it was nowhere near sucked- it's only flaw was the cartridge [if you consider that a flaw], and lack of rpgs).

Also since Nintendo is the developer, it's constantly releasing material, it just doesn't have to be Mario 2,3,4, etc. Yeah, it doesn't have a big library as the PS2, but then again, the consistent game:quality/fun ratio is probably highest on the GC. I'm not gonna list the franchises or the games, but everyone knows them. Also, Tales of Symphonia was one of the more fun RPG's I've played this year on any console.

FPS aren't meant to be played on consoles (mouse and keyboard all the way baby!). I'm enjoying more and more of what Nintendo is doing (unlike a lot of people), it's really a good direction in my opinion. I think the market is too saturated with the same type of games anyway.[/QUOTE]

The entire Jak and Sly series were better than Mario Sunshine. And I mean each individual game in that series. I don't really like the Ratchet series but I think it too had more polish than Sunshine. That final boss just pissed me off (stomp Bowser's bath tub, wtf??).

Sunshine felt a lot shorter than 64, with what seemed like fewer levels. I don't know, I'm playing Mario 64DS right now and it's a lot more fun and varied.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'd just like to add that I had *way* more fun with Mario Sunshine than any of the Jak & Daxter games. The latter franchise just wasn't anywhere near as polished, and felt like a poor-man's Mario.[/QUOTE]

Mario Sunshine felt like it had NO polish--like it was just rushed out the door.

[quote name='stocker08']Ummm, mabey they dont feel like pushing out a bunch of games just to make money. They could make a bunch of shitty games and put a Mario name on it, but that would be ghey. Look at their games. Look at their ratings on sites like gamspot and ign. Their really arent any bad ratings becuase they make their games well. Keep in mind, Too much of a good thing is a bad thing, or some shit like that, but i do agree, there should have been a better mario game than Mari Sunshine, but i wouldnt say it sucked.[/QUOTE]

The reason people make games is to make money.

If every company set out to make games SOLELY to make money, and they were original games, there should be no problem. Competing products have to one-up each other in quality and value. So what Sony and Microsoft are a bunch of capitalists? As far as I can tell, the PSP is a superior product, the XBOX is also superior, the PS2 has a superior library, etc. Nintendo can have all it's love and hugs and "we love making games" bullshit, but when all is said and done, they're consistantly offering an inferior product.

[quote name='sketch226']Why do people complain about Nintendo and talk about how awful their games are- then wish they'd go third party? If their games are so bad, why would you want that? I know I certainly don't find myself wishing that Killzone or Blinx was cross-platform.[/QUOTE]

Because Nintendo is devoting too much wasted energy to consoles, and frankly, they suck at them. The reason for this is they keep telling us gamers what we want. They tell us we want simpler games, like that one-button Kirby racer, they told us during the N64 era that we didn't want discs, they told us during the GameCube era that we didn't want DVDs, and they're telling us in the next-gen era that we don't want HD and complex graphics. They're doing everything they can to alienate their core audience, gamers, with this, "let's-aim-for-the-non-gamer-market", strategy because Iwata and Miyamoto are completely wasted. Assuming Nintendo focused solely on games, being third-party, then we can see the great Zelda series, and the characters we grew up with, Mario and Donkey Kong and so forth, live on in BETTER, more polished, games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back