[EXPIRED] Neo Fami (NES) @ eStarland - $18 until 7/11

seppuku

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
the "Deal of the Weekend" at eStarland (http://www.estarland.com/) is the top loading Neo Fami system. i guess it plays US NES games and accepts NES gamepads (it comes with two of its own style pads). the systems come in three different colors and cost $17.95 ($18.95 for the silver/black version). 2-7 day shipping is 8 bucks. deal ends 7/11 at 6 p.m. EST.

there's this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34421&highlight=estarland
that talks about a different version, but some might find it useful.

i want to get one, but can't decide on the color. :wall:

EDIT: there is also 3-12 day Economy Delivery for $6...which i completely missed when i ordered. :dunce:

[quote name='mkelehan']I've got 2 top-loading NES models, but I'm still considering this just as a curiosity.[/QUOTE]

i got a top loader that is a piece of crap, something is wrong with the video jack, so I'm all over this. thanks op

"(not compatible with NES Advantage Joystick)"

Forget that! I have four of those mofos ready and waiting to be played. Shame I passed up the chance for an Nintendo A/V Famicom to work that bad boy but oh well. At least there is PSP emulation. ;)

I've been waiting for a deal on this system. I just ordered the silver/black version. Thanks for the post seppuku. Nice find.

[quote name='MadMrBacon']Have you guys heard of this thing:
http://www.playmessiah.com/onlinestore/index.htm#

Looks similar, but has built in wireless for controllers. A little spendy though.[/QUOTE]

This would be worth it since it would work with the NES Advantage, I think and the 4 player adapter.

Oh man, I already spent the money on a PSP, Geforce GT6600 video card and I dunno if I should get the X360 or Generation NEX this fall. I am just too afraid if regular RCA video would look uber crap on my Panablack 27" Panasonic analog TV since I had my DC running on RCA a while back and it looked like poop.

Looks similar, but has built in wireless for controllers. A little spendy though.[/QUOTE]

The Messiah machine looks of better quality . . . too bad they don't sell it with a cordless pad.

Also, of interest with Messiah's clone is that it is front loading for US games . . . so it will squeeze into a small space and takes Japanese games on top.

Why is this incompatible with the NES Advantage? It seems like a normal controller, just with two controller outputs. Since this can use normal NES controllers, I don't see why it should be any different for the Advantage.

Man! I just bought a NeoFami yesterday from eStarland. I contacted them and asked for a price adjustment, but they wouldnt do it since they said it shipped yesterday. DAMN! :(

I've seen the Messiah version, but it does seem a bit too pricey. I think I'll go w/ this deal. My NES finally broke down and I would like to play my NES games still. I hope these machines are worth it though. I haven't heard anything about them before this thread. Since I have til Mon, maybe someone who has owned on can suggest picking it up.

[quote name='seppuku']the "Deal of the Weekend" at eStarland (http://www.estarland.com/) is the top loading Neo Fami system. i guess it plays US NES games and accepts NES gamepads (it comes with two of its own style pads). the systems come in three different colors and cost $17.95 ($18.95 for the silver/black version). 2-7 day shipping is 8 bucks. deal ends 7/11 at 6 p.m. EST.

there's this thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34421&highlight=estarland
that talks about a different version, but some might find it useful.

i want to get one, but can't decide on the color. :wall:[/QUOTE]

You can also get 3-12 day economy shipping for $6.

For less than $25 total, this could definitely be worth it.

[quote name='neckfurters']...maybe someone who has owned on can suggest picking it up.[/QUOTE]

I've got one of these. They're tiny along the lines of the PSone. The one problem I have with this system is the cartridge slot is designed for official US NES carts, meaning you'll have to trim the plastic faceplate if you want to use odd-shaped carts like those from Tengen, etc.

This is an awesome deal if you are looking for this one, but, if you really want a cheap deal just buy a new 72 pin connector for your old nes. unscrew the nes and install it. the old coconnector just slides off the board. Every other post in this thread lists a disadvantage of this thing and though it looks neat why bother if it doesn't work 100%?

edit: assuming you can find an old nes.. imo it's a lot cooler to fix your original if you still own it

Out the three colors, it appears that the indigo is the only one that has the cartridge facing forward. Is this correct?

It looks like the catridge faces the back in both pics to me. Graystone, how does the way the cartridge faces affect the quality?

[quote name='hollow2010']It looks like the catridge faces the back in both pics to me. Graystone, how does the way the cartridge faces affect the quality?[/QUOTE]

The first system Yobo came out with carts facing backwards. Those units were horrid. They only played about 1/2 of all NES games, and were VERY prone to breaking, shorting out etc.

Then they revised it and fixed all of the major problems. The carts face foward or toward the gamer. It plays most games 95% and they are just made better overall.

Does anyone have better pictures of these Neo Fami systems? I wouldn't mind having one just because it will look much better than my originals (I have 2 originals).

[quote name='magius360']Does anyone have better pictures of these Neo Fami systems? I wouldn't mind having one just because it will look much better than my originals (I have 2 originals).[/QUOTE]

red%20nes%20system.jpg
silver%20nes%20system.jpg

[quote name='hollow2010']Anybody know where to get a Super NES system remake?[/QUOTE]

Yes, hopefully the next clone systems will be for SNES. Seems these NES clones sell well so the next logical step is SNES clones.

[quote name='weaponx666']Seems these NES clones sell well so the next logical step is SNES clones.[/QUOTE]

I doubt the NES clone systems have sold that well given how few stores actually stock them stateside and when the asking price keeps dropping every few weeks. Hold off another month or two and the NES clone systems may be $5 new.

[quote name='AdamInPlaidum']You can also get 3-12 day economy shipping for $6.

For less than $25 total, this could definitely be worth it.[/QUOTE]
fuck #-o i completely missed that option...could have saved myself 2 bucks! i hate it when i'm not being as cheap as i possibly could have! :wall:

[quote name='YOUR BASE']Does this thing play all official NES games?[/QUOTE]

As far as I can tell, yes it will. However, not all will play exactly the same as on a real NES. The sounds and/or colors might be a little off on some games the pushed the NES hardware. So, play yes, but exactly NES experience, no. I have heard conflicting reports about whether some games that incredibly push the hardware, like Castlevania III, will work at all.

[quote name='slidecage']i would buy one but NEVER head of this company[/QUOTE]

Never heard of who? eStarland has been selling stuff online for at least two years now. I know many people who have ordered from them without problem. As for the Neo Fami/FC Game Console itself, Gametech has been making these for over six months now (Yobo sells them in the US). They don't break down and work as advertised (see above). There are criticisms, but reviews and use have shown that this thing definitely works for playing NES games.

Reality's Fringe]I may be out of the loop said:
Messiah's Generation[NEX[/URL]. Messiah has made quality hardware for older systems and this thing just looks too cool:

ps-NEXTN.jpg

that looks really sweet - it maintains a similar look to the original NES. and with the front loading cartridges and wireless controllers, it's an excellent candidate for mounting inside a vehicle. may have to get one once there's a deal...

[quote name='_heretic']Why is this incompatible with the NES Advantage? It seems like a normal controller, just with two controller outputs. Since this can use normal NES controllers, I don't see why it should be any different for the Advantage.[/QUOTE]
was wondering that myself. a friend of mine has one of the original NES, triangle-shaped wireless controllers, and i know that wouldn't work because it has a single controller plug that uses both controller ports. since this Neo Fami appears to have the controller ports laying on their sides, the dual-plug wouldn't work. maybe the Advantage has the same thing or something similar?

when trying to find some info on this system before purchasing, i did find this site that claims the NES Advantage will work with the Yobo system (scroll down towards the bottom): http://www.gamesoftinc.com/NES.asp. i'd personally be more inclined to trust eStarland though.

EDIT: scroll down about 2/3 on this page, http://www.gamersgraveyard.com/repository/nes/peripherals/controllers.html, and you'll see a picture of the Advantage which shows dual controller plugs that have a separate bit of cord for each. so it looks like it could work with this Neo Fami, but there may be some non-physical limitation.

[quote name='YOUR BASE']Did anybody's get shipped yet? Mine says it's still processing.[/QUOTE]
got an e-mail from eStarland stating that my order shipped 7/13.

I just got mine today. I'm moving sluggishly and the controls aren't very responsive in StarTropics. Was it always like this in the game or are the controllers for this thing crappy?

[quote name='neonglow']I just got mine today. I'm moving sluggishly and the controls aren't very responsive in StarTropics. Was it always like this in the game or are the controllers for this thing crappy?[/QUOTE]

you don't have any original NES ones to try? i really hope this thing is not junk since I ordered 2 of them

bread's done
Back