FF7: Advent Children E3 video

I think square needs to stop making movies and start focusing on making quality games - which they haven't done in a while.

[quote name='Scrubking']I think square needs to stop making movies and start focusing on making quality games - which they haven't done in a while.[/quote]

Yeah, as cool as this looks, I would've much preferred an actual sequel. I mean, if Tidus can get one, then why the hell can't Cloud and Co. get one proper?

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Scrubking']NO FF7 sequals... PLEASE![/quote]

Damn man, what's your beef with FF?[/quote]

you will find that many ppl have a hate for FF on this site...it seems to be kinda like how ppl dont like something that is good, just because its "trendy"...many of them won't admit it...but they're most likely the first ones in line when FF titles come out

[quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Scrubking']NO FF7 sequals... PLEASE![/quote]

you will find that many ppl have a hate for FF on this site...it seems to be kinda like how ppl dont like something that is good, just because its "trendy"...many of them won't admit it...but they're most likely the first ones in line when FF titles come out[/quote]

Ignorance at its best!

I don't hate FF, in fact I think FF7 is the best FF game.

However, I don't like the constant fanboy rants for a sequal and I don't think that a sequal would live up to the original. People think that a sequal will somehow have the same magic that FF7 did, but it won't. Also, If you haven't noticed, square has taken a big downturn with the quality of their games - they are more interested in throwing in new things that they don't care whether it makes the game good or not. If Square made a sequal it would follow suit and suck major balls.

[quote name='Scrubking'][quote name='trustcompany1013'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='Scrubking']NO FF7 sequals... PLEASE![/quote]

you will find that many ppl have a hate for FF on this site...it seems to be kinda like how ppl dont like something that is good, just because its "trendy"...many of them won't admit it...but they're most likely the first ones in line when FF titles come out[/quote]

Ignorance at its best!

I don't hate FF, in fact I think FF7 is the best FF game.

However, I don't like the constant fanboy rants for a sequal and I don't think that a sequal would live up to the original. People think that a sequal will somehow have the same magic that FF7 did, but it won't. Also, If you haven't noticed, square has taken a big downturn with the quality of their games - they are more interested in throwing in new things that they don't care whether it makes the game good or not. If Square made a sequal it would follow suit and suck major balls.[/quote]

Ignorance at its best best!!!!!!!

I never said that you hate FF. I said, and I quote, "many ppl." Not you. Is it fair to say that you made an assumption? Yeah. Also, sequel is spelled sequel, not sequal.

No hard feelings though Scrub King...afterall, my girlfriend was shaking her ass in front of me lastnight in her new victoria secret's thong.

[quote name='Scrubking']People think that a sequal will somehow have the same magic that FF7 did, but it won't. Also, If you haven't noticed, square has taken a big downturn with the quality of their games - they are more interested in throwing in new things that they don't care whether it makes the game good or not. If Square made a sequal it would follow suit and suck major balls.[/quote]

I think you should be a little more open-minded. You're right, something has been a little off about Square games lately, but that doesn't mean that we should trash the idea. FF7 is my fave too, and if FFX deserved a sequel, then dammit, this one does too.

As for your 'new things' point, is it so wrong for them to try new things? Only a few companies can get away with having each successive entry in a franchise have the same gameplay, and I don't think Square is one of them. I want them to change. I want them to make new ideas. I want them to surprise me. It would be a terrible shame if a sequel to FF7 failed our lofty expectations, but we'll never know until we try.

No hard feelings though Scrub King...afterall, my girlfriend was shaking her ass in front of me lastnight in her new victoria secret's thong.

Good to see you were able to take advantage of the deal, and making good use of it. :wink:

Honestly FF7 was a good rpg given, but people idolize it too much, its not the the greatest game ever, not the greatest story either to be honest, I liked FF9 a bit more than FF7. As for advent child yea im looking forward too it, should be great the new game though might suck with voice overs, they better do it right.

haha...yeah im a graff writer myself (not very good) but yea...I knew that you were because you spelled out "one" and didnt have the number...you got any pics of your stuff?

Well after the complete failure of FF: Spirts Within, i think they would step it up on Advent Childre, esp. the huge pressure it has being a sequal to one of their best FF games. kinda like Halo going to Halo 2. I heard it was coming out next Summer in Japan, and Fall/Winter next year for US.

yeah Advent Children is going to be awesome. My only beef is that they should have made into a game instead of a movie. Most people who played FF7 loved it and prolly wouldn't mind seeing it into a game.

I think they;re just trying to get the most out of their CG studio. After all the money they poured into it for TSW (and I never heard that they ever found a buyer for it) They probably figured they should use it as much as possible.

It looks pretty good, but am I the only one that thinks that Sephiroth doesn't look like he should. He looks like, I don't know, some old guy with cancer. I expected something more badass.

As I understand it, it's not actually him, more like one of the mako clones taking up his mantle in a huge "church of Sephiroth" style moment.

bread's done
Back