Zombie movies Seen best one in long time.. UNDEAD, funniest STACY

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
okay i watched land of the dead 2 weeks back and started thinking about renting some of the other zombie movies out there. ANyone know of any good ones.

Last night Seen DEAD MEAT.. I would say I liked this movie a lot more then land of the dead and it had some great ideas that they should roll into other zombie movies. I Also love the idea of the mad insane zombie cows going around eating people (what was sort of funny to see a zombie cow) .. ONe question i do have though for the people who seen this movie The ending was sort of confusing. it was sort of like the rounded up people like cattle ???

still waiting for the UNDEAD movie to come out i think from Iceland (might be wrong there) well anyone know of any good zombie movies (shawn of the dead was okay but it dragged on a little too long for my liking)

[quote name='red flare graf']Have you seen Zombie? I'd say it's up there on par with the original Dawn of the Dead.[/QUOTE]

is that zombie as in zomibe where there is like 6 of them or is this a different zombie. (give you and idea like Zombie 5 is called killing birds)

It's Zombie, the first one. The only one in the "Zombie" lineup really worth much. If you've seen it, it's the one where the zombie fights the shark. Pretty memorable. ;) Great movie though.

[quote name='red flare graf']It's Zombie, the first one. The only one in the "Zombie" lineup really worth much. If you've seen it, it's the one where the zombie fights the shark. Pretty memorable. ;) Great movie though.[/QUOTE]

That fight sounds badass.

Now not all of these are good im just listing random zombie movies that i guess you could check out over at IMDb. Horror movies are definatly the biggest genere for movies so bad that there good and guilty pleasures.

Zombie
The Beyond
Return of the Living Dead 1,2,3
Burial Ground
The Dead Hate the Living
Versus
Undead
The Gates of Hell
House of the Dead
Redneck Zombies
Dead Alive
About a million more. Definatly check out Dead Alive as it is very gorey at the end and Peter "LOTR Tri, King Kong" Jackson directed it. But get the UNRATED one not the R.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Now not all of these are good im just listing random zombie movies that i guess you could check out over at IMDb. Horror movies are definatly the biggest genere for movies so bad that there good and guilty pleasures.

Zombie
The Beyond
Return of the Living Dead 1,2,3
Burial Ground
The Dead Hate the Living
Versus
Undead
The Gates of Hell
House of the Dead
Redneck Zombies
Dead Alive
About a million more. Definatly check out Dead Alive as it is very gorey at the end and Peter "LOTR Tri, King Kong" Jackson directed it. But get the UNRATED one not the R.[/QUOTE]

didnt like Dead hate the living was expecting a lot better show and it was major let down.. same with dead alive and house of the dead.. versus is on Showtime alot and watched like the first 30 mins of it and it ended (dvr stop recording for some reason)

is undead even on tape yet. and is Redneck zombies more of a comedy or horror cause the reviews sound like is a comedy

I highly enjoyed the Dawn of the Dead remake, also 28 days starts off pretty good but starts to drag alittle in the middle and the end.

[quote name='Vampire Hunter D']Definatly check out Dead Alive as it is very gorey at the end and Peter "LOTR Tri, King Kong" Jackson directed it. But get the UNRATED one not the R.[/QUOTE]

Ah man, I forgot about Dead Alive. This is a must see as well.

[quote name='slidecage']
still waiting for the UNDEAD movie to come out i think from Iceland (might be wrong there) [/QUOTE]

It's actually Australian. I'm actually looking forward to this one also.

[quote name='crickett003']"the stink of flesh"
"biozombie"
and the Troma classic:
"Mulva:Zombie Ass Kicker!" :lol:[/QUOTE]

actually Mulva is a low budget pictures release and even though lloyd and some of the troma crew is in it, the movie was released by Tempe Video as a double feature with filthy mcnasty in their splatter rampage line and also on the ghoul school 4 movie cheapo set and as a bonus on some full moon release.

Avoid "28 Days Later" and "Land of the Dead" at all costs.

28 Days Later opens looking at the main characters penis for about 2 minutes, and the main enemy is the military, not the zombies.

Land of the Dead is about people living in relative harmony with the zombies (takes place after Dawn of the Dead). In fact, in the end the main character lets some zombies live because "they are just looking for a place to go, like us". The main enemy is not the zombies but a guy who steals a bus-tank, the zombies are a side story, merely part of the setting.

Avoid Lucio Fulci's zombie movies if you want to see something with an ounce of smarts to it. They're inept gore-fests. Then again, if you like it that way, have at it.

"The Beyond" / "The Seven Doors of Death" is probably one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

"Zombi2" / "Zombie" is "ok" in the camp department. The plot holes are actually hysterical. For instance, the movie starts off with the boat of a missing scientist returning on it's own to a dock in New York City after being in Matul Island (Spain-like) for a few weeks. When cops investigate the boat, they are surprised that ZOMBIES are on the boat.

If you didn't catch the massive plot hole there, I'll explain. How in the SHIT does a boat float aimlessly all the way from Spain back to the exact dock it set sail from in New York? The zombie on the boat wasn't the scientist, so he didn't "remember" how to sail back or didn't turn into a zombie halfway through the cruise. I think they address this on the commentary. I don't remember.

I also like the Spanish Conquistador zombies that rise out of 2 inches of dirt.

Just one of the many funny plot holes.

I'll mention a few other zombie movies that I think are worth seeing.

White Zombie (1932)http://imdb.com/title/tt0023694/ - The first zombie film in cinema history. Starring Bela Lugosi. Interesting "spin" on zombies, compared to the ones now-a-days. This was the age of "voodoo" inspired zombies.

Shock Waves (1977)http://imdb.com/title/tt0076704/ - Haven't had the chance to see this one yet, but it sounds interesting. "Visitors to a remote island discover that a reclusive Nazi commandant has been breeding a group of Zombie soldiers."

Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things (1972)http://imdb.com/title/tt0076704/ - Pretty strange zombie flick. "Six friends dig up a corpse named Orville. They use it in a satanic ritual to make the dead rise from their graves. Look out!!!" The main characters reminds me of Charles Manson -- so much so that I confuse the two with eachother. This was actually directed by the guy who directed "A Christmas Story" and the sickening "Baby Geniuses" movies, Bob Clark. There's going to be a remake of this released next year, so check it out before the bandwagon does.

Dead of Night / DeathDream (1974)http://imdb.com/title/tt0068457/ - Another Bob Clark zombie flick. Has a pretty strange premise. "A young man killed in Vietnam unexplainedly returns home as a zombie." Haven't had a chance to catch this one, but I've been meaning to.

I still can't believe they're making Return of the Living Dead 4 AND 5 and releasing them at the same time...after Romeo & Zombiette I thought the series would be dead.

[quote name='vienge']I still can't believe they're making Return of the Living Dead 4 AND 5 and releasing them at the same time...after Romeo & Zombiette I thought the series would be dead.[/QUOTE]

you got to understand if something even makes a penny everyone will bring out the same idea to make that same penny.. I been waiting for Return of dead 4 and 5 for a long time. I hope they go back to the first one instead of the 2 and 3 what was more of a joke...

Land of the dead remind me nothing more then a remake of dawn of the dead when they were in the mall... instead of being in a mall they are now in a city that the Zombies want to come in.

Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 & 3

They are comedies.

"Send more paramedics"

Night of The Living Dead (and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (and remake)
Day of the Dead (no remake yet)
Resident Evil 1 & 2

And when you are bored of watching movies, get "The Walking Dead". It's a graphic novel/comic book. It's being re-released in volumes right now.

I've been cataloging these for when my site opens up.

http://www.lombyzombie.com

Has anyone ever read the comic book series ZOMBIE WAR? I thought it had a great premise that would make an incredible film (If done "properly").

Romero's dead series (Night, Dawn, Day, haven't seen Land yet)
Return of the Living Dead 1 & 2 (I hated 3)
Dead Alive unrated (Lawnmower!)
Zombie (just for the scene when the wood splinter goes into the girl's eye, that's
good gore!)

Avoid:
Oasis of the Dead

I just watched Dead Meat tonite. I seriously want that hour and 14 minutes of my life back.

*Spoiler*

The movie had an okay plot, but just ends suddenly. A big fight, and as the main character runs up some stairs you hear gunshots. Of course help has come to rescue her. The movie ends about 2 minutes later with the main character being put into the back of a truck, just like a herd of cattle. This movie seriously needed a decent ending. The gore effects were nothing to write home about. Some parts were copied exactly from other movies. Guy gets infected, they cut off his arm, and burn the infected region. Can we say Day of the Dead anyone? Overall I'd avoid it like the plague.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I just watched Dead Meat tonite. I seriously want that hour and 14 minutes of my life back.

*Spoiler*

The movie had an okay plot, but just ends suddenly. A big fight, and as the main character runs up some stairs you hear gunshots. Of course help has come to rescue her. The movie ends about 2 minutes later with the main character being put into the back of a truck, just like a herd of cattle. This movie seriously needed a decent ending. The gore effects were nothing to write home about. Some parts were copied exactly from other movies. Guy gets infected, they cut off his arm, and burn the infected region. Can we say Day of the Dead anyone? Overall I'd avoid it like the plague.[/QUOTE]

come on where else can you see a Zombie cow? its worth watching it just for that : )/ you see i think the ending makes since as the people are being herd up to be feed to the zombies so they would stay away from the other people. I like it and it was better then some other zombie movies i seen i mean at least this movie you just dont see zombies going around killing people one after another. they eat what they kill i mean if they got a good kill on the ground why go hunt down another human when they got fresh meat already.

i loved when the old man gets bite and the cut off their arm and then burn it like they would really have time to do all that when you got 100s of zombies coming at you. for what it cost to make and the area where it came from i would have to say it was one of the better movies. Now im not saying it was a HORROR Zombie movie I think it was mostly A Horror/comady zombie movie.

Again just watch it for the ZOmbie cow that was the best part.

i can say i would rather watch this over again then watch the AWFUL Land of the dead again (that was nothing more then a clone of the 70s dawn of dead. instead of being in a mall they attack and invade a city.

[quote name='slidecage']
i loved when the old man gets bite and the cut off their arm and then burn it like they would really have time to do all that when you got 100s of zombies coming at you. for what it cost to make and the area where it came from i would have to say it was one of the better movies. Now im not saying it was a HORROR Zombie movie I think it was mostly A Horror/comady zombie movie.
[/QUOTE]

Have you seen Day of the Dead? This exact same thing happens except it's presented much better. I found most of Dead Meat to be a ripoff of other movies. While I do give it credit for being half decent coming from Ireland, at the same time the director could have at least been a little more original, or showed the zombie cow more than 3 seconds when it eats the lady in the car.

whatever you do DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT watch

HIDE AND CREEP... its trying to be a rip of of SHAWN OF THE DEAD but they failed big time. nothing is funny in the entire show..

I also rented ZOMBIE and while it was an okay show i didnt care for it that much,..... anyone noticed the FX in that show was better then in some of the brand new living dead movies they make today.

Found out UNDEAD Comes out in mid Oct on tape , wasnt worth paying 6 bucks to see in theather

[quote name='saigumi']Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 & 3

They are comedies.
[/QUOTE]
Whoa, whoa, whoa, have you even seen Return of the Living Dead 3? That is most certainly not a comedy.

Other recommendations and 2nding of already posted recommendations:
Return of the Living Dead 1: Strikes a nice balance between genuine horror and comedy
Shaun of the Dead: More leaning toward the comedy side, but still a great movie.
Evil Dead Trilogy: Each sequels leans more and more toward comedy, but hell, it's all good.
The Fog: See the original before the remake hits theatres, it's pretty much only technically a zombie movie, it's more of a ghost story.
Dead Alive: A Gory classsic, when are they going to release a special edition of this *sigh* maybe after he finishes King Kong.
Versus: An interesting import with some decent action for a low budget movie.
Living Dead Series: Because it's the first thing that comes to mind when it comes to Zombies. Some of them are great, some of them are good, and some of them are just OK depending on who you ask.
Also read this book The Zombie Survival Guide : Complete Protection from the Living DeadIt's hillarious, written deadpan in the style of wilderness survival guide covering what to do, before, during, and after the inevitable zombie outbreak.

I'll tell ya some more once I get my full netflix rental history by email as a refresher to what zombie movies I've rented.

Old thread, but I'll still bump it since it pertains to this movie. My local video store finally got it in so I decided to rent it. Overall, I liked it better than I thought I would and some of the camera work is great. I'll just attach my review of it from the last movie you saw thread.

Dead Meat - Surprisingly, I enjoyed this movie far more than I expected. The acting isn't the best, but it makes due to say the least. The movie however rips off lots of ideas from other films of the same genre (i.e. like every Romero film). The zombie cow and the mad cow mutation idea was interesting to say the least, but I don't feel that they played it out enough. The ending was very trite and seemed very abrupt though. It left me with a sour feeling on the film. Eh 6..7/10

Recently watched Dead Next Door. Cool little 8MM flick with a fair amount of bonus features. And if I'm not mistaken, It sounds like Bruce Campbell dubbed over the lines from the main protagonist, either that or he does a really good Bruce Campbell impression.

I liked 28 days later... not a whole lot of zombie movies where they can run. Evil Dead had a few entertaining moments...

[quote name='Drtyazn']I liked 28 days later... not a whole lot of zombie movies where they can run. Evil Dead had a few entertaining moments...[/QUOTE]
Well techincally 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie, but I hate when people nitpick on that point, they behave like zombies, but they are alive, they never died and rose again, they are just under the influence of the virus. Still a good movie though, even if they had difficulty figuring out how to end the film.

[quote name='hiccupleftovers']Old thread, but I'll still bump it since it pertains to this movie. My local video store finally got it in so I decided to rent it. Overall, I liked it better than I thought I would and some of the camera work is great. I'll just attach my review of it from the last movie you saw thread.

Dead Meat - Surprisingly, I enjoyed this movie far more than I expected. The acting isn't the best, but it makes due to say the least. The movie however rips off lots of ideas from other films of the same genre (i.e. like every Romero film). The zombie cow and the mad cow mutation idea was interesting to say the least, but I don't feel that they played it out enough. The ending was very trite and seemed very abrupt though. It left me with a sour feeling on the film. Eh 6..7/10[/QUOTE]

im taking the ending of the movie as they were rounding up people to feed to the zombies so they wouldnt go after the rest of the people. might be totally wrong... now that i dont have anyone ONLINE rentals coming it wont be till Oct or Nov until i start getting zombie movies again

Planning on going to netflix Oct and Trying to jump back to BBO (for the coupons ) in NOV

[quote name='The Successful Dropout']i'd like to hear any feedback on THEY CAME BACK, if anyone has seen it[/QUOTE]
I don't know, but I just read the description on netflix, and it sounds intriguing so I think I'll put in a rental once I finish Millinium Season 3.

Hi, I'm only bumping this up because I love the recommendations given so far, but as well as to find out who it was that had a pic in their sig that linked to some awesome undead/zombie site and what site it was.

Damn this thread is old.

I watched that Undead movie with my dad, it was hilariously bad. We thought it was funny when the farmer guy punched the flying fish.

I rented Undead at some point, much different than I was expecting, I figured it would just be a serviceable, standard zombie Aussie flick, but it certainly was a much different animal. I enjoyed it and found it mildly funny at times, not too bad considering they made it for basically $750,000 American when converted from AUS currency. Though it still doesn't come close to topping Shaun of the Dead.

[quote name='saigumi']Return of the Living Dead 1, 2 & 3

They are comedies.

"Send more paramedics"

Night of The Living Dead (and remake)
Dawn of the Dead (and remake)
Day of the Dead (no remake yet)
Resident Evil 1 & 2

And when you are bored of watching movies, get "The Walking Dead". It's a graphic novel/comic book. It's being re-released in volumes right now.

I've been cataloging these for when my site opens up.

http://www.lombyzombie.com[/QUOTE]

If you want a really good read, look for the original Resident Evil movie script done by GEORGE A ROMERO! It has a story line (ooooohhhhhh) and well built characters (aaaaaahhhhhhh) and More than one freaking monster! ( YAY!) They decided not to use it because George wanted more than they wanted to give.

[quote name='dragonpancakes']If you want a really good read, look for the original Resident Evil movie script done by GEORGE A ROMERO! It has a story line (ooooohhhhhh) and well built characters (aaaaaahhhhhhh) and More than one freaking monster! ( YAY!) They decided not to use it because George wanted more than they wanted to give.[/QUOTE]
Found it, I'll have to give it a read tomorrow.
Romero's Resident Evil Script

Also for your reading enjoyment is the original script for Day of the Dead before Romero had to scale down the concept due to budgetary constraints. The deal was, produce an R-rated version with the previously negotiated budget or produce an unrated version with 1/2 the budget, he chose the later.
Unused Day of the Dead Script

[quote name='guardian_owl']Found it, I'll have to give it a read tomorrow.
Romero's Resident Evil Script

Also for your reading enjoyment is the original script for Day of the Dead before Romero had to scale down the concept due to budgetary constraints. The deal was, produce an R-rated version with the previously negotiated budget or produce an unrated version with 1/2 the budget, he chose the later.
Unused Day of the Dead Script[/QUOTE]
That was a pretty good RE script, the dialog was a little wonky in the beginning, but I imagine that would have been tightned with another revision.

Undead was shit. I waited 6 months to finally see it when it came out. DDD was sold out after the inital release and ours came yesterday. I turned it off half way through. A feat reserved for the likes of Jury Duty, House of the Dead, and Incident at Lochness. The movie would've been passable, even midly enjoyable if the soundtrack had treated the material with more weight. Everything sounded like bad samples from a keyboard at Wal-mart. So far the only Aussie horror with watching is The Ugly.

bread's done
Back