Taiko: Drum Master $9.99 EB B&M

devilzukin

CAG Veteran
I was in EB and saw that Taiko Drum Master was only $9.99. This is brand new with the controller also. I asked the guy if they clrearenced it or something and he didnt know. Also it is still listed as $40 on the website so it might be YMMV. If so I saw it at Woodbridge Mall in NJ.

Hope this helps someone, and wasn't already posted.

I would but I'd have to shower, get dressed, and hit the mall all within an hour - not happening, I think, unless someone can confirm this sale in roughly 20 minutes.

Not sure I want to call and check, just in case I can't make it, since I'm sure the employees would buy it for themselves if they found out...

I just called my local EB to ask if they had it in stock and how much...

...sadly they have none in stock, so I didn't get the price. GRRRRRRRR

[quote name='daikaiju']I just called my local EB to ask if they had it in stock and how much...

...sadly they have none in stock, so I didn't get the price. GRRRRRRRR[/QUOTE]

They should be able to find the price without it being in stock.

Just called the 4 closest EB's to my location. Two of them said they thought it was on sale but then it came up as 39.99 Another just said it was 39.99 and the last said it was 59.99. Would have been nice to pick up this game for 9.99!

I called right before closing - employee had to look it was up in the computer since it up high on a shelf.

39.99... this deal is DOA.

It's weird though... EB isn't usually YMMV. One price at EB is universal to all other EB's, from what I've seen. To the OP - did they actually scan Taiko on their computer, or did someone just stick a 9.99 price tag on it?

[quote name='Roufuss']I called right before closing - employee had to look it was up in the computer since it up high on a shelf.

It's weird though... EB isn't usually YMMV. One price at EB is universal to all other EB's, from what I've seen. To the OP - did they actually scan Taiko on their computer, or did someone just stick a 9.99 price tag on it?[/QUOTE]

yeah it was prolly some dumb employee mistake. why cant they mistakenly price it wrong on purpose for me....

[quote name='Roufuss']I called right before closing - employee had to look it was up in the computer since it up high on a shelf.

It's weird though... EB isn't usually YMMV. One price at EB is universal to all other EB's, from what I've seen. To the OP - did they actually scan Taiko on their computer, or did someone just stick a 9.99 price tag on it?[/QUOTE]

I didn't have the guy scan the item but I did ask him if that was the correct price and if it was on sale and he reply was that it was the correct price and that it was an old game and that must be why it is so cheap, and that he didn't think it was on sale... It isn't that old tho, and since others are saying that it's still 40 at theirs I'm wondering if it was miss-marked.... IF that is so it's a good deal for any one around the area.

[quote name='fieldkillah']The manager at my local EB told me last night that the red octane drums dropped down to 10.[/QUOTE]

Thats not too bad of a deal... but it still would be better if it was the game and the 1st party drums.

As an EB employee, please allow me to clarify:

The Taiko DRUM (Red Octane I believe) has dropped to $9.99. This is a universal price drop that employees recieved an email about, just to get rid of our stock. Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 is still 39.99$ at my location, as I'm sure it is at most other locations.

So, once again, not the game, or game and drum... but the spare Red Octane Drum that is clearanced out at $9.99.

~stew

[quote name='varsitygamer']As an EB employee, please allow me to clarify:

The Taiko DRUM (Red Octane I believe) has dropped to $9.99. This is a universal price drop that employees recieved an email about, just to get rid of our stock. Taiko Drum Master for the PS2 is still 39.99$ at my location, as I'm sure it is at most other locations.

So, once again, not the game, or game and drum... but the spare Red Octane Drum that is clearanced out at $9.99.

~stew[/QUOTE]

Thank you for clarifying this. Im now wondering if the person at EB marked the game and controller $10 because he thought it was the red octane controller.

Call 3 stores and no luck in finding the Red Octane Drum:cry:. I sorely need the extra drum just to challenge my friends properly. Its just to easy using the controller to play;) .

The drum has been $14.99 at Gamestop for a few months now. If you can't find one at your EB then check there. I have one myself and it works great.

guys the offbrand Drum is what dropped to 9.99 I can't think of who makes the drum but its a great buy at 9.99 I work for EB

..... nm someone already clarified

I work at EB and I will confirm that it is only the Red Octane(Drum Only) that is $9.99. The Taiko: Drum Master bundle is still $39.99.

[quote name='devilzukin']I was in EB and saw that Taiko Drum Master was only $9.99. This is brand new with the controller also. I asked the guy if they clrearenced it or something and he didnt know. Also it is still listed as $40 on the website so it might be YMMV. If so I saw it at Woodbridge Mall in NJ.

Hope this helps someone, and wasn't already posted.[/QUOTE]

Woo, Woodbridge Mall is pretty close to my work...OP, do you know if it's still there?

[quote name='yuy104']Woo, Woodbridge Mall is pretty close to my work...OP, do you know if it's still there?[/QUOTE]

It was there at about 4pm sunday... after that I cant verify... but it is the one downstairs by jc penny's...

[quote name='jjz203']I want the full game for $10. Is it worth $40? I like rhythm games.[/QUOTE]
I'll put in my vote that I enjoyed it more than Donkey Konga. Worth $40?... You can "complete" it in one sitting. Buy that extra drum, and you'll have a great party, though. It's a much better value that way than if you you just buy the game with the single drum.

Hmm... I don't live too far from there. Maybe I'll go tommorow and get that. Pretty friggin awesome if I could...

[quote name='MrFriday18']I work at EB and I will confirm that it is only the Red Octane(Drum Only) that is $9.99. The Taiko: Drum Master bundle is still $39.99.[/QUOTE]

Oh sweet, the only reason I would have picked this up was FOR the extra drum... and I have seen the red octane one at my local eb... will have to pick that up tomorrow night on the way home...

[quote name='Roufuss']

Weird indeed. . .

It had a yellow $29.99 sticker on it around 6PM ET today. My guess it was a labeling mistake that was caught at the register and relabeled.

[quote name='devilzukin']It was there at about 4pm sunday... after that I cant verify... but it is the one downstairs by jc penny's...[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!! I picked it up after I got off work yesterday! :D The Taiko Drum Master game + drum was reallly only $9.99 at that store! The cashier asked if I saw it on a website or something ;) I have the game already, I just wanted the extra set of drums (bought the Red Octane one at first from upstairs), so the game is still sealed...that I listed on Half.com.

LOL, so that's who foiled me.

The box was up high so I may have misread. But it had a yellow sticker - doesn't that indicate a preowned?

[quote name='burgundy']LOL, so that's who foiled me.

The box was up high so I may have misread. But it had a yellow sticker - doesn't that indicate a preowned?[/QUOTE]

The yellow sticker does indicate pre-owned, but not always used. Sometimes EB buys out stock from other stores and distributes it to different EB locations as pre-owned merchandise. It seems to happen most often with game/controller combos (I have seen it happen with various guncon w/gun games in the past).

Great deal, got my EB to hold the drum for me when I get off of work...

I could have used this on the forth, had my wife's family playing this game for about an hour... I love the "party" games (Donkey Konga, Karaoke Rev, DDR, Drum Master...etc

bread's done
Back