Guild Wars 35.99 @ Amazon - Gold Box offer - YMMV

paul6

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I was looking at my Amazon Gold Box for today, and they offered me $4 off their already low price of 39.99 on Guild Wars. Total comes out to 35.99, no tax or shipping. The offers are random, but I suspect if you have lots of PC games on your wish list you increase your chances of getting this offer.

Not that hot, but I think this is the lowest price so far.

Damn it Amazon, I buy one Calculus book for a class, and now I'm somehow a super lab calculus nerd geek!? What do I have to do to get Guild Wars in that Gold Box? Medieval weapon recreations!?

Yeah, I ran into that to when I was going through the Gold Box. Very good deal plus free shipping. I was all over it.

That is a great price. I just put Guild Wars on my wish list. Now I guess all I can do is cross my fingers and hope it shows up in my gold box.

[quote name='froinlaven']Damn it Amazon, I buy one Calculus book for a class, and now I'm somehow a super lab calculus nerd geek!? What do I have to do to get Guild Wars in that Gold Box? Medieval weapon recreations!?[/QUOTE]

You can influence Amazon's recommendations. I'm not saying this will get Guild Wars into your Gold Box, but it will affect what Amazon recommends for you.

I bought a couple of business books and suddenly I was getting tons of recommendations for business self-help books, it was driving me crazy. Then I went in and unchecked "Use to make recommendations" for those books and I don't get them any more.

From the Amazon website:

How do I exclude gift purchases--or any other purchase I've made--from being used to recommend items to me?

There are two ways to exclude an item you've purchased or rated from being used in making recommendations for you:
  • Click the Improve Your Recommendations link below the tabs in the Recommended for You area. Locate the items you wish to exclude in the list of "Items I own," and uncheck the "Use to make recommendations" option.
  • From the "Why was I recommended this" list, uncheck the "Use to make recommendations" option for those recommendation reasons you wish to exclude from being used to make future recommendations.

Pff, $36 + shipping? The other trade forums I frequent always have at least one guy trying to sell or trade off a used copy of Guild Wars (and its associated account) for, at most, $25 shipped.

bread's done
Back