iPod?

Tennisjon2002

CAGiversary!
I am in the market for an MP3 Player. Should i get an iPod? I know macs suckass but iPods are actually pretty good. If not that what should I get? I need at least 10 gigs or so and price is very important along with size. If i should get an iPod what size should i get, mini 15 or 20? cause the mini isn't much cheaper than the 15 and the 20 comes with a bunch of stuff the 15 doesn't. And where can i get it for a cheapass price?

Ipod cheapass prices are almost non-existent. If you need at least 10 gigs, than the mini is out of question. I would go with a 15 or 20 off of ebay. Occasionally you can find a great deal on a used one with accessories.

putting on music for my iPod as we speak. I've got the 20 but only b/c it came with the extra accesories and i got it 50 bucks off on black friday. So i suggest you get the 15 gig and not that piece of shit mini. I think the mini sucks

personally, right now im looking at the dell dj, i got this ad in the mail which has the 15gb version for $199, not bad, and it looks really cool too.

I don't think you'll be able to find an iPod or an iPod mini for a very cheap price, most of the ones I've seen have been only about $10-$15 bux cheaper than the list price... If the physical size isn't a big factor, I'd go with the regular iPods over the mini ones since the mini can only hold 4gb and for $50 more you can get the regular 15gb one. There's about a $100 difference between the 15gb and the 20gb, however if you feel that you would like a case, remote, and deck charger, then I'd go with the 20gb since with all those added up it'll be right around $100. I'd go with the 20gb if ya can afford it... :shock:

my friend was lookin at the dell DJ but it is alot bigger than the iPod. and yes i agree the mini does suck!! i was lookin forward to it whan i first heard about it but it sucks. If it was $50 cheaper i would consider it.

[quote name='mst3k_stud']might want to check out the iRiver[/quote]

Word. Better value for your money, unless you just like being pretentious, then get the IPod.

[quote name='shrewmdust']You can dance with an ipod and no one will wonder wtf.[/quote]

What the hell does that mean? I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't not think "WTF?" if I see that a person has an iPod. It's not like it's a magical ticket that frees you from all public scrutiny...

Whoever told you that needs to be beaten. Preferably with a Mallet O' Understanding.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus'][quote name='shrewmdust']You can dance with an ipod and no one will wonder wtf.[/quote]

What the hell does that mean? I can't speak for anyone else, but I won't not think "WTF?" if I see that a person has an iPod. It's not like it's a magical ticket that frees you from all public scrutiny...

Whoever told you that needs to be beaten. Preferably with a Mallet O' Understanding.[/quote]

I LOVE PEARLS BEFORE SWINE!

absolutely the meanest comic today.

I bought my wife the 10GB model for Christmas in 2002, and she loves it. I started using it recently while doing yard work, and now I have one on order as well. Four of my other friends have them as well, and everyone loves them. It's an awesome piece of equipment.

As someone else mentioned, Apple has refurbs for $200. 10GB will hold around 3,000 songs or so, which makes it more than adequate for me.

RD

[quote name='[email protected]']I bought my wife the 10GB model for Christmas in 2002, and she loves it. I started using it recently while doing yard work, and now I have one on order as well. Four of my other friends have them as well, and everyone loves them. It's an awesome piece of equipment.

As someone else mentioned, Apple has refurbs for $200. 10GB will hold around 3,000 songs or so, which makes it more than adequate for me.

RD[/quote]

wow, RD Renyolds posting here at cag...talk about a celebrity!

[quote name='punqsux'][quote name='[email protected]']I bought my wife the 10GB model for Christmas in 2002, and she loves it. I started using it recently while doing yard work, and now I have one on order as well. Four of my other friends have them as well, and everyone loves them. It's an awesome piece of equipment.

RD[/quote]

wow, RD Renyolds posting here at cag...talk about a celebrity![/quote]

Running his site ain't cheap, despite the book, so I can understand him being a CAG. It's still cool to see a kinda obscure celebrity. :D

I not only recommend an ipod...I also take offense at your obvious lack of knowledge of Macs. Macs outperform pcs in most respects and more importantly they are free from 95% of computer viruses.

Macs are the machines of choice for almost all visual design work, and are going to be the foundation for the Next Box which will be running a Mac G5 under its hood.

I have used both pcs and Macs and will continue to do so...but random, mindless, uneducated Mac bashing is so 1997...

hmm, glad i stumbled on this thread. Im also looking into getting an iPod with the money i earn this summer working. That or Ill try to expand my game collection.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002'] I know macs suckass but iPods are actually pretty good. [/quote]

who said Macs suck? I've had only Macs since '97. No problems. No viruses. Only called tech support once. (Knocks on wood!)

Yes for an iPod. Have had one for a year (30GB). Plugs into my car, home stereo, compuiter, etc. Can also hold driving directions and other documents for transferring to other computers.

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']macs suckass[/quote]

F.u.c.k. Y.o.u.

Macs are so much better than PC's..and OS X is based on Unix so you're bashing several variations of Unix systems when you are bashing macs as well..

I went through plenty of other HDD mp3 players before I picked up the Ipod, and can EASILY say the IPOD ROCKS. I HATE Macintosh's, personally I think the OS is a joke, but the Ipod is amazing. I love it to death. I had 3 different Creative MP3 players and an RCA Lyra. They all went out quick. The Ipod interface, just everything about it is quality, except that you can't play on the fly permanent playlists. Ipods are fantastic and I urge anyone who is considering one to pick it up.

[quote name='javeryh']How do I get an ipod to play through my car speakers?[/quote]

get a tape deck and an adapter

i think tapes are my 2nd favorite form of music...behind mp3s of course ^^

[quote name='javeryh']How do I get an ipod to play through my car speakers?[/quote]

Or get that thing that sends out a radio signal, then you tune into it with your radio. Or get a head unit like mine that has a aux input onthe front.

yeah, aux inputs are the best way to go when hooking an ipod up to a car stereo.

i have a mac and 2 pc's and i love the ipod! i sold my 10gig for a gen 2 20 gig, and i'm close to running out of space. you may want to think about getting a 30 gig, because you will run out of space sooner or later.

[quote name='EggViper']i thought those ipods could work with pc's now?[/quote]they do

get as much space as you can afford, remember they also double as a back up hard drive

[quote name='Tennisjon2002']I am in the market for an MP3 Player. Should i get an iPod? I know macs suckass but iPods are actually pretty good. If not that what should I get? I need at least 10 gigs or so and price is very important along with size. If i should get an iPod what size should i get, mini 15 or 20? cause the mini isn't much cheaper than the 15 and the 20 comes with a bunch of stuff the 15 doesn't. And where can i get it for a cheapass price?[/quote]

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I have a Mac and I love it. It's much less low-maintenance than Windows, and I don't have to worry about viruses or other junk. I'll probably never use a Windows machine again.

*hides behind Fire Shield+3 in preparation for flames*

EDIT: Oh yeah, and as far as the iPod goes, it's nice and very slick, but have you considered the Creative Nomad Zen MX? Much more bang for your buck than the iPod, and not that much bigger. Best Buy has some 40 gigs on clearance right now for $229.

[quote name='Coolnat2004']Macs are so much better than PC's[/quote]

How can you come from critisizing another person's opinion to then giving another extreme opinion? Macs are great for some things, PCs are better for others. And, yeah, OS X is based on Unix. As is FreeBSD and the dozens upon dozens of Linux distributions for the PC.

Back to the topic of the post, get an iPod. It's a great product, you won't regret it.

alright i admit it macs aren't that bad for somethings but for my uses a pc is a much better choice. Anyone know where to get a somewhat cheap iPod?

bread's done
Back