x files season 1 - 9 dvd sets

Day1221

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
does anyone here have the asian collectors version, ebay they sell for about 125 - 150 shipped.. is there a quality difference between the US version or those... from what it seems like its just in a huge box and region free. all the sellers that i talked to all said to me the discs are indeed pressed with the etching on the inner ring. thats all...hoping someone here has the complete set ( asian ) as i am thinking of picking this up..someone enlighten me please

I dont know if you can generalize and say that ALL asian collectors editions are bootlegs, but i would assume that most are (even the sealed ones). However, i have considered this for the star trek sets. Even if they are bootlegs, I wonder if you can even tell. Its not like its a transfer from VHS recordings to DVD, its still a copy of a manufactured DVD.

thank you all for your input, im gonna run around to all gamestops today in my area and use the b2g1 dvd sale and try to locate the dvd sets within them..thank you all once again

Don't pay attention to the people that haven't even watched them.

I personally bought ALL my xfiles sets in "Asian Collectors Edition" versions off eBay, picture quality was PERFECT, sound was perfect, everything was 100% perfect just like you get when you buy an american DVD.

While it is indeed, a bootleg, it's professionally pressed bootleg (i.e. no purple back DVD-R's and they include a case with them).

Honestly, I recommend spending 100.00 on the set of Asian versions before I spend 600-800 for official US packaging, which isn't worth it.

After looking up the definition of bootleg, i guess i can concede that you may generalize and say they are ALL bootlegged versions (but not necessarily copies). I had assumed that to be guilty of bootlegging, there must have been a legally produced version to COPY. I was wrong:

"transitive verb 1 : to produce, reproduce, or distribute without authorization or license"

so even an original can be a bootleg if that person doesnt have permission to make it. Learn something new every day.

O well. Who wantes to pay $100 on 1 Boxset with only only like 26 episodes? Rich people only. Bootlegs are the way to go.

With bootlegs not only are you stealing from the legit American companies you're also supporting pirates who sell copyrighted stuff for a profit.

too bad, back in May I believe, Best Buy had all X Files seasons at $49.99 a piece. Ended on June 7th I believe. I'm hoping they run them for that price again soon, still need 3 seasons.

On topic- stay away from the Asian sets.

[quote name='Day1221']does anyone here have the asian collectors version, ebay they sell for about 125 - 150 shipped.. is there a quality difference between the US version or those... from what it seems like its just in a huge box and region free. all the sellers that i talked to all said to me the discs are indeed pressed with the etching on the inner ring. thats all...hoping someone here has the complete set ( asian ) as i am thinking of picking this up..someone enlighten me please[/QUOTE]

My friend came back from Hong Kong and picked me up the "Asian Collector's Edition" that contained all of the seasons. It cost him $70 USD and I have watched most of the episodes. They have all the special features, and are perfect quality. I have 300+ dvds and these are the only "bootleg" copies I have and they honestly look much better than some of the dvds I have. No grain at all. I am happy with the purchase and if you can find them in one set, as opposed to 9 different ones, I'd get it. Saves $600-800. Good luck.

I don't think it is "stealing" from the companies. If Fox wants to price their seasons at $100 a piece, they will never get my business. THere is no law that says I cannot buy these copies off ebay. If the seasons were $30 each, I would have bought them all, but blame Fox. Good luck!!!

[quote name='Quackzilla']They are ALL bootlegs, and most have crummy sound and bad picture quality.

Sellers lie about the quality.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with this post. MOST have crappy sound and picture quality. I bought the first season off ebay from someone about 1 year before my friend bought me the entire collection. It was pretty good for the most part, but the sound started screwing up and their mouths didn't move to their voice. I tried to get a refund, but couldn't. So I resold it on ebay for well more than I paid for it. lol.

Here is a link to the one my friend brought back for me

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6416730382&category=617&rd=1

[quote name='tayaf69']I don't think it is "stealing" from the companies. If Fox wants to price their seasons at $100 a piece, they will never get my business. THere is no law that says I cannot buy these copies off ebay. If the seasons were $30 each, I would have bought them all, but blame Fox. Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

You might not think its stealing, but that doesn't change the fact that it is stealing.

Besides, you had chances to get the legit Region 1 USA boxsets for $49 not that long ago at BBY. Plus with Gamestop's Buy 2 Get 1 free deal going on right now (and they have most of the seasons used for around $40ish), you have NO excuses to hide behind anymore other than ignorance.

Hell, I could use your justification and could of already had all seasons for, say, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine by now for cheap. But you know what... I'm not. Instead I've been buying the legit Region 1 boxsets off of eBay for around $40-50 a piece. Used yes but they work the same and they are the real deal.

[quote name='tayaf69'] THere is no law that says I cannot buy these copies off ebay. If the seasons were $30 each, I would have bought them all, but blame Fox. Good luck!!![/QUOTE]

Its basicly the same thing as downloading music....except now you are paying people who did something illegal in the first place. So in other words, you are actualy supporting illegal activity.

ok the guys who have it, do u have the 69 disc version or the 62 disc version, i kno the asian ones are 69 discs while the euro version i seen is 62, same amount as the us version..

[quote name='Rihan']Its basicly the same thing as downloading music....except now you are paying people who did something illegal in the first place. So in other words, you are actualy supporting illegal activity.[/QUOTE]

the term illegal infers that you can get in trouble for this. And i dont think you can get arrested for purchasing asian dvds. if you could, i would expect that ebay wouldnt let these items be sold. you would also think that if this were such a problem for movie companies, or the bootlegging in fact was illegal (i am not an expert on Asian copyright laws), that they would do something about it.

I have seasons 1-2 of xfiles and they are great sets. I got season 1 f/ amazon for 31.50 awhile back with the 'share the love" program they used to have. Season 2 I paid 53 dollars. Clearly both worth the cash but they are still way over priced sets. With shows like '24' season 3 having more content and more features for about 50-60 bucks it makes it hard to pay amost 100 dollars for a set.

bread's done
Back