The official F.e.a.r thread and its out NOW GO BUY IT!!!!!

jam3582

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
No more Beta , previews or reviews the game is out so post your impressions here. For anyone who dosent know if they should buy heres an answer BUY IT NOW !!!!! :bouncy: .

ok im having a problem getting the site to work seems like my cd-key isnt working anymore.I have tried to contact vu to see wassup. Ill let you guys know when I get a response.

[quote name='KwanzaaTimmy']Isn't the F.E.A.R. Beta open to all Gamespot members? I've been playing it for the past 2 weeks.[/QUOTE]

How do you do that?

More info please.

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']So Timmy what are you impressions of the game. IS it as good as everyone claims? Good/bad stuff? Is it worth getting?
Spill it! :)[/QUOTE]

well im not timmy lol and I have played the beta for a couple of days now and its pretty good. Its pretty frantic and fast but its fun . Its sorta like unreal fast except with out the exaggerated deaths. It takes about 1 sec to spawn after you die(dunno if thats just for the beta ) .

I preordered it to show the pc some love and also for the single player.

+ its fast
+ looks hot ,graphics very very very pretty
+ Its real fun when your in a room full of enemies and then someone slows down time for either team

- I think this will need a very powerful pc and gfx card , I have a radeon x800 xt pe card and the ingame benchmark was chuggin with the setting at semi-high.
-maybe to fast pace for some people

Graphics are very, very nice. The slowdown thing is pretty cool. Much improved over the last beta though it still gets boring after more than an hour

ok the admin of the site has asked me for my cd key they are gonna gimme a new one so hopefully i will be able so send some of you guys an invite .

[quote name='Noodle Pirate!']So Timmy what are you impressions of the game. IS it as good as everyone claims? Good/bad stuff? Is it worth getting?
Spill it! :)[/QUOTE]

In addition to what the other posters have said. The game is very fast, and the hit detection and ragdoll is quick and very visceral. However, since the beta is only MP-- it gets tedious pretty quickly.

Add that to the fact that the gun balance in this beta is kinda skewed in favor to fast firing guns (getting shot causes mouse movement to be more sensitive, so you can't instantly retaliate back: Think Counter Strike before the change to source)

Technically, with most of the bells and whistles on-- my 6800 GT put out near solid 50-60 fps, though it began to chug if I went over my res of 1024 x 768.

I'll be getting the game, since the single player demo (The 15 minute long one that was on Gamespot quite a while ago), looked absolutely insane.

Just something about these big PC Survival Horror FPS... Gotta catch 'em all.

So how is the beta anyways? I am really hoping this game turns out to be sweet. I am expecting quite a bit from the single-player but not as much from the MP.

[quote name='cgarb84']So how is the beta anyways? I am really hoping this game turns out to be sweet. I am expecting quite a bit from the single-player but not as much from the MP.[/QUOTE]

its pretty fun and hectic , its sorta like unreal tournament 2004 except the crazy people jumping , hoping etc. the slow mo is cool because it isnt that unbalanced. I have killed a couple of guys in a row while I was moving in slow mo. The weapons need more balancing .

All in all it was very fun I have it preordered cause im interested in the single player mode.

[quote name='flizmo007']Anyone play the demo yet? What did you think?[/QUOTE]

lol I just finished it and I must say "HOLYYYYYY CRAAAAAPPPPP" this game is a must have. If the demo is any indication of how the game it then everyone and thier mother must own this game.

Graphics are beautiful ofcourse I couldnt play with all effects turned to the max , Most of the graphic options I had at maximum but some I turned down like FSAA to 2x ,etc.

But anywho the slow mo is really fun better than max payne and it works so well . Be prepared for a scary game cause I was afraid turning every corner. I suggest everyone download the demo and have fun ull love it.

anyone looking for a good place to download try 1up.com. Every other site I tried is way slower

will edit with impressions after I install and finish it

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/258667.asp

they are making a collectors edition which it looks like I will have to get after playing the demo.

if you have the chance to play it, definately do so. The whole thing is very well done and it proves itself as a full price purchase IMO. I loved how they used the atmosphere as well as the story to tie the sense of fear together (pardon the pun). I also liked how it is not really a run and gun shooter like doom 3 but you need to use tactics and your head to take out the enemies (shooting someone in the head with a pistol and watching them drop is a ton of fun).

my only complaint is that there was not enough stuff to interact with

HOLY SHIT!

I just finished the demo myself-- And I have to say, in comparison to the MP BETA that I played, this Demo totally rocked my damn boxer shorts.

Casey is correct as to how to deal with the enemy that you encounter. While you may have luck at first just running and gunning, you soon need to be precise as to where you shoot, or you can cap off 50 rounds from your Assault rifle and not kill some of the heavily armored guards.

Shotgun in slow-mo is delicious, and so is the Rail Gun from eraser...

Wow.

it took me another try to see this, but I love how they pretty much jacked the controls from Rainbow Six. Raven Shield is one of my all time favorite MP shooters so having the same type of controls is a great thing.

wtf, all it does is show a black screen and then minmizes and goes to an ad saying reserve the game.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Am I the only one who was UNimpressed?[/QUOTE]

really ? how come ? it was pure adrenaline for me .

Honestly.. the AI was great - a nice challenge there. The graphics were also above par, but that was expected. But the level design, gameplay, and even "scary" moments were somewhat bland... I hope the final game works better.

Indigo Prophecy, on the other hand, looks great.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Honestly.. the AI was great - a nice challenge there. The graphics were also above par, but that was expected. But the level design, gameplay, and even "scary" moments were somewhat bland... I hope the final game works better.

Indigo Prophecy, on the other hand, looks great.[/QUOTE]

ahhh ok point taken , I thought some of the areas that battle the enemies were pretty good areas. As for the scary parts I dont think its supposed to be scary but more like oh sh*t what was that stuff. Cause its easy to throw in a real scary point in a game by having some enemy pop out of nowhere screaming at you .

Indego prophecy was awesome the demo had me hooked for a while I will get the game just havent decided what platform yet I was leaning more towards the pc version seeing as how the demo felt easy( except navigating the main dude) .

its either analog controlls or mouse I dunno which one.

It was great although it didnt run too well on my system....Out of curiosity, what are some of your specs???

[quote name='Verbal']It was great although it didnt run too well on my system....Out of curiosity, what are some of your specs???[/QUOTE]

ahhh glad u asked teeheee

athlon 64fx-55
radeon x800xt PE pci-express
Gigabyte nforce 4 mobo
have 3 hdd
24bit live sound card
1 gb of ram ( gonna save up for another gig just for this game)
and I think thats it
oh I run it on custom settings , 1600x1200 2xAA , and most of the effects and graphics at maximum except like 3 or 4 options . I think it runs at around 30 fps hasnt slowed down from the looks of it. I kno i could go higher in the fps department but I have this annoying thing of playing all my games at 1600x1200 I cant seem to be satisfied at any lower resolution.

Damn it took twice as long to line up and wait for download than it is to play thru the demo hehe. Not entirely scary, but I like the more modern look of the setting like HL2 w/ ghosts.

[quote name='jam3582']athlon 64fx-55
radeon x800xt PE pci-express
Gigabyte nforce 4 mobo
have 3 hdd
24bit live sound card
1 gb of ram ( gonna save up for another gig just for this game)[/QUOTE]

Not a bad setup! Pretty much top o' the line (until the Geforce 7800TX came out). I'm running:

Athlon 64 3500+
GeForce 6600GT 128
Asus K8N-SLI
1 160gig SATA hdd
onboard 7.1 sound (ugh)
1gb DDR3200 ram :p

Not nearly as good, but I can play at 12x10 and be entirely satisfied. :)

[quote name='psiufoxx2']Not a bad setup! Pretty much top o' the line (until the Geforce 7800TX came out). I'm running:

Athlon 64 3500+
GeForce 6600GT 128
Asus K8N-SLI
1 160gig SATA hdd
onboard 7.1 sound (ugh)
1gb DDR3200 ram :p

Not nearly as good, but I can play at 12x10 and be entirely satisfied. :)[/QUOTE]

are you gonna get another vid card to run in SLI mode ? I am gonna prolly save up to get the ait cross fire board and video card . But I want to hear how people like it before I even start thinking about it .

[quote name='jam3582']are you gonna get another vid card to run in SLI mode ? I am gonna prolly save up to get the ait cross fire board and video card . But I want to hear how people like it before I even start thinking about it .[/QUOTE]

No need to save up for one... I've been biding my time since the recent tests indicate that 6600gts in SLI are no better than a single 6800gt, and are in fact sometimes worse. So I may be selling my 6600gt altogether for a different card when it comes time to upgrade. I purchased the SLI board simply to leave the option open :)

Wow, I didn't know there were kicks and stuff for melee combat? (saw a thread on gamefaqs about it, plus a short video). I've already played this like 4 times through, so I doubt I'll go back to check em out, but that's cool. Still, after Half Life 2, I'm weary of getting a single player focused FPS, cause $50 for ~20 hours is harsh for me. Waiting for a price drop's a bitch too....

bread's done
Back