Be careful what you post?

"Of this collection, several hundred were allegedly found to have been taken from magazines and overseas game sites without the permission of the game publisher, a violation of Japanese copyright law"

That's probably what got him in trouble in the first place. you are allowed to take photogrphs/captures for review purposes or personal use, but using someone elses is a no- no

To make something clear:

I know that stealing pics from mags or other sites is wrong.

But, my reference it to the fact that the article alludes to the guy getting busted for posting regular screen shots. Maybe that is innacurate.

He had screenshots taken from Japanese sources without permission. That's why he was busted. The bottom line was that he was making profit with the help of illegally obtained images, not regular screen shots.

Japanese copyright law seems pretty harsh. I wonder how they deal with piracy and music sharing there. yikes

[quote name='magilacudy']Japanese copyright law seems pretty harsh. I wonder how they deal with piracy and music sharing there. yikes[/quote]

They cut out your eyes, then feed them to starving baby monkeys.

It's in Japan. Things are very, very different over there in terms of this kind of law. Hell, selling used games was illegal there until pretty recently.

That sucks for that guy. I was kinda hoping it was a small website so that the guy didn't lose to much, then I saw that it was a very popular one.

yea the Japanese go all Nazi on people for goofy shit.

see if he would've just followed the other japanese and gone into game developement, this wouldnt have happened. But of course he spent more time sleeping in class and then next thing you know, all your friends are off making games for sony and nintendo, and you're illegally uploading screenshots on your website.

bread's done
Back