CAGtac vs. TPX

zewone

CAGiversary!
Feedback
155 (99%)
Yo, I've got a PM from Kamlon saying he would like to play us tomorrow or Sunday.

I figure the players would look like a combination of these players:

zewone
Ledhed
Arikado or Ugamer
Crymson Echo
Trakan or Pimpinc333

Where I put the "or"s is because the 2 players have a very similar play style and are interchangable.

They want to play 4vs4 TS on Lockout. Any of the players above can handle this situation.
For our gametype choice I would suggest 1 flag on Zanzi. This is by far one of better matchtypes and should be an easy win.

If you are available Saturday or Sunday, post here and tell me your thoughts about the match I have chosen.

I can play tomorrow night, after my grandma's funeral. :cry:

And yes, 1 Flag Zanzi 4 rounds would probably be our strongest point.

Okay, sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I hate to ask this, but what time do you think you will be back? :cry:

So thats 2 players we have and 2 votes for 1 flag Zanzi.

zewone
ledhed

Of the last two its gonna either be Arikado or Ugamer, because we definately need a dedicated sniper.

Then the last player is gonna be the brute killer which is gonna be Crymson, Trakan or Pimpinc. If you think you can handle the job then sign up for it. If you think someone else can do your postion better than let them.

I play to win. :D

[quote name='zewone']Okay, sorry to hear about your Grandmother, I hate to ask this, but what time do you think you will be back? :cry:[/QUOTE]

Thanks, and no problem asking. I honestly don't know exactly how long it will run, but I'm anticipating everything being finished by 6 PM CST, and being home by 7 PM CST.

If we could schedule this for sometime after 9 PM CST, that would be awesome.

[quote name='Ledhed']Thanks, and no problem asking. I honestly don't know exactly how long it will run, but I'm anticipating everything being finished by 6 PM CST, and being home by 7 PM CST.

If we could schedule this for sometime after 9 PM CST, that would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
I'll try. I might be drinking by then though. I was really hoping to get this done in the early afternoon. Are you available at all on Sunday?

[quote name='zewone']I'll try. I might be drinking by then though. I was really hoping to get this done in the early afternoon. Are you available at all on Sunday?[/QUOTE]

I'm scheduled to work Sunday, so I wouldn't be available until after 8 PM CST.

As soon as I'm home tomorrow and available to play, I'll post here. Just keep an eye open and we'll see if we can't arrange it for sometime earlier than when I stated.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'm scheduled to work Sunday, so I wouldn't be available until after 8 PM CST.[/QUOTE]
Hmm.... That might be a little easier. We'll see when the other 2 players(who ever they are) are available.

Its good to see you guys have communication going for you. Apparently 2 of the 4 people I've chosen don't check their PM box too often, or just don't like to reply to messages. Good luck with the match up if you guys are able to get this set up. Thats the one thing I wish I could say my clan had more of, organization. But sadly we are lacking there. But good luck with your match, it should be an indication of whether or not we can take these guys.

I had this semi-long post that I wanted to type up about this idea I had for the matches...But I didn't feel like typing it so I'll get to it later. I just wanted to mention that I'm willing to play whenever as long as I can get the time of the game in advance. I have to know if I'm going to be at work or not (those Star Wars Statego's aren't going to stock themselves).

Okay, well both Ugamer and Arikado have shown intrest.
Kado said he can play tomorrow in the evening which may be a problem for me. Gamer - I would like to hear your ideas. As for the play time, I'm open from tomorrow morning to tomorrow afternoon. Sunday I should be able to play any time. Kado is not sure of his schedule on Sunday, but since Led can't play until the evening on Sunday that looks about the time we will play. About 8 CST or 6 PST or 9 EST.

So we have both snipers showing intrest to play, it will be settled on who is free to game at the time. Now we just need the killer to show intrest and we should be close to set.

Yea I have interest but I'll put myslef behind Crymson then trakan. If they can't play or want to give me their spot i'll be willing to play. I have work all day on Sat so a sunday game would be cool.

[quote name='Ledhed']Cool, looks like Sunday's the day.[/QUOTE]

Just to let you know Trakan said I could play in his place. Now all is left to see if Crymson is gonna play or not. But i'm a go no matter what.

I'll keep you posted on my situation on Sunday once I find out. Worst case scenario is me being unavailabe till 20:30 PST. But that may not be the case, i'll find out tomorrow.

Cool. I'll let them know that we'll play tomorrow at 6:30 PM PST/8:30PM CST/ 9:30EST. Crymson let us know your situation when you can but for now we should be good.

Good luck with this match guys. Maybe my troops can rise to the occassion and be ready to face them whenever. Who knows, possibly tomorrow if they don't get too beat down by you guys.

[quote name='Arikado']I should be free all day today. Tomorrow is still up in the air, though. I'll let you guys know what's going down.[/QUOTE]
I'm free now, if we could get led and crymson or pimp playing now we should be able to do it. You should get online now so we can practice.

[quote name='zewone']I'm free now, if we could get led and crymson or pimp playing now we should be able to do it. You should get online now so we can practice.[/QUOTE]

Can't right now. My cousin's playing Red Dead Revolver up in his room. I'll get on as soon as I can, though. Or maybe I'll just play Swashbuckler's Revenge. :lol:

Great.

Well its settled.
Ledhed
Arikado
Crymson
Zewone
Tomorrow night at 6:30PST
Team Slayer Lockout
1 Flag Zanzi

Hopefully we won't need a 3rd match since we are doing best 2 out 3, but if we do we should think about what we would want to ask for for a 3rd match.

Team Slayer on Warlock maybe?

Do we have any names off the Clan TPX roster? I'd like to scope a few of their games to get a feel for their gameplay style.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Yeah UGamer can play, but I guess that doesn't matter...[/QUOTE]
It does matter. Since, according to Ugamer, Kados connection is not very stable right now, our sniper for tonight will be *Drum roll*.... UGamer.

[quote name='Trakan']Found 3 of them.

Kamlon

Sideshifter

Kouryu[/QUOTE]

The only one that seems like they'll be a problem is Kamlon. The other ones seem to be a bit off. I don't know, I'm going to act like these guys are the OGRES because I'm going to play 100% and I'm not going to underestimate anyone and lose because of it.

[quote name='zewone']It does matter. Since, according to Ugamer, Kados connection is not very stable right now, our sniper for tonight will be *Drum roll*.... UGamer.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was gonna suggest either UGamer or Trakan take my spot. I'd love to play because these guys are fucking stupid, but I might not be home in time for the match. Plus, the connection here can be spotty at times.

Don't lose to these fuckers. They get high off of Nyquil and think they're the coolest kids in the county because of it.

[quote name='Murcielago77']http://www.teamtpx.r8.org/

its all on their site, just click roster, and links to all their stats are on there[/QUOTE]
I believe you missed where I put up a link to their current member list on bungie.net that all you have to do is click on their name to go their stats. :roll: :D

You still playing Forza? I wanted to get some more Halo 2 practice in before the big meet. Like UGamer said, get plenty of water you don't want to become dehydrated.

Dick.
Didn't think I heard that.

Check out this thread guys:
http://www.freedb.us/ff/viewtopic.php?t=209&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15&mforum=tph

[quote name='Murcielago77']heres what i found at their site as well

http://www.freedb.us/ff/viewtopic.php?t=209&mforum=tph

The tournament roster (Kamlon, Shifty, Noodles, Kouryu) needs to be ready for when we decide on a time and date. If one of us is not; they will be replaced by Sweetums.

so theres the team you should be facing[/QUOTE]
Yeah, but look at the page I posted. Kamlon asks who wants to play, and he will be the final decision on the roster. I'm pretty sure that level 31 guy is new and might be part of it.

Looking at these guys stats they aren't very good at skirmish. I'm thinking we should ask for 1 flag on Relic for the 3rd match. I know its new, but its still a great match for us.

Ok, I'm home from work. What time is this going down? And yes z, I'd like to get some more warm-up time. Don't want to pull a hammy or get dehydrated. :lol:

Heh, I guess noone wanted to post the results.

Ok, Game 1. Slayer Lockout. We did what we could, but it wasn't enough. No one person is to blame; we all pretty much dropped the ball. TPX wins, 41-36.

Game 2. 1 Flag Zanzi, arguably our strongest gametype, period. We win, 2-1.

Game 3. 1 Flag Relic. Probably should have picked a different gametype, but I suppose we felt it was the closest gametype to Game 2. General disarray swamped our first Def round, and they get an easy cap. Some silly mistakes on the parts of each team led to a tie, 1-1.

Ok, at this point, it's a dead tie. We're trying to decide on a tiebreaker gametype, and it's split right down the middle: CAGT wants objective, and TPX wants slayer. Since we had played 2 objective gametypes to 1 slayer gametype at that point, it's decided that we'll do another slayer. Almost every map was bandied around at some point, finally settling on Warlock.

Game 4, the tiebreaker. Funky lag plagued both teams, and again, we just weren't on top of things. TPX finished the spread, 50-39.

Oh well, no big deal. I'd certainly like a rematch, after making better preparations regarding our team and the gametypes, and also to establish what's kosher and what isn't (like tele-jumping on Relic). Until next time...

[quote name='zewone']I didn't post it because Kamlon did in the public Xbox thread.[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah. Right after I posted that, I saw the XB thread one. :dunce: I'd like to thank myself for coming out. :applause:

In the meantime, let's discuss the parameters of the inevitable REMATCH.

dammit, i need to fix my connection so i can get a piece of this. i've been playing well when my connection holds up, hopefully switching my xbox this week will fix things for good.

[quote name='Ledhed']Heh, yeah. Right after I posted that, I saw the XB thread one. :dunce: I'd like to thank myself for coming out. :applause:

In the meantime, let's discuss the parameters of the inevitable REMATCH.[/QUOTE]

Trakan and I need to be a part of the next one. That way, we'll have both a solid slayer and objective team.

[quote name='Ledhed']I'd certainly like a rematch, after making better preparations regarding our team and the gametypes, and also to establish what's kosher and what isn't (like tele-jumping on Relic). Until next time...[/QUOTE]

Does the tele-jumping piss anyone else off? It pisses me off. They used a glitch in the game to their advantage. It took them from one side of the map to the other. I'm sure if Crymson and Ugamer superjumped to the top of Zanzi and rocketed/sniped from there, TPX would have been bitching up a storm.

Goddamnit.

[quote name='Arikado']Trakan and I need to be a part of the next one. That way, we'll have both a solid slayer and objective team.[/QUOTE]

those are generally words you shouldnt be using together :lol:

[quote name='Trakan']Does the tele-jumping piss anyone else off?[/QUOTE]

Shit yeah it does. I didn't push the issue during the games because I didn't want to cause any tension, and I know it'd be looked at as sandbagging about our loss in their eyes. But it's still bullshit, and I'm making it nice and sparkling clear that it isn't happening in the rematches.

bread's done
Back