Capcom Fighting Evolution for a CAG review

Theenternal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Orginal price 29.99
Current CAG price as of this post 19.99 with 20.00 voucher

Thought id make a quick review since its a current deal.

I was tempted to get this at its first release, but decided to wait. Now Im certainly glad that I did. The game features 23 characters (2 hidden) from several different capcom fighters. But this is no MVC2 or even Capcom vs SNk 2. The game although not perfectly balanced feels pretty standard. But thats about it, no thrills everything looks very basic and has a Flash animation/ Mugen feel to it. On my first run through...about 10 minutes I unlocked the first character... on my next play through I unlocked shin akuma.. and thats about it for useful unlocks.

-Controls are good
-Progressive Scan Support
-Decent mix of Fighters + Red Earth Characters

Final:

Recommended only for hardcore 2d fighting fans or capcom/sf fans at this current price. Which for the sake of it we will say 10.00

Recommended avg cag price point 5.00

On par with Snk vs Capcom (not Capcom vs Snk 2)

Better choices for similar fighters at price range via deal or used- Xbox demo disc 2 with CVS2, Street Fighter Aniversary Collection, Guilty Gear Series

I feel you were failry generious with the review. I really don't think it's on par with the origianl SNK vs Capcom at all, but besides that pretty dead on. You didn't bash it as much as most people do (like me.) But it can be a guilty pleasure at times.

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']I feel you were failry generious with the review. I really don't think it's on par with the origianl SNK vs Capcom at all, but besides that pretty dead on. You didn't bash it as much as most people do (like me.) But it can be a guilty pleasure at times.[/QUOTE]

Snk vs capcom was less balanced as a fighter, and cpu had bad design :( plus graphics were neo based

[quote name='Theenternal']Snk vs capcom was less balanced as a fighter, and cpu had bad design :( plus graphics were neo based[/QUOTE]

Okay you are talking about the SNK version, SNK vs Capcom Chaos, I thought you ment Capcom's orginal one. But still not on par.

Even though the graphics weren't great they looked better than CFE. The animations are much smoother. Just compare the Demetri's from each version. I also have to give a point to SVC Chaos due to the fact it had a better cast of fighters. Even though it's unbalanced (I wouldn't have a tournement on it, but niether CFE) It's still much more fun to play with friends.

IT's just that CFE feels like it's nothing new, same old characters with the same old moves. I know SVC Chaos doesn't bring anything fresh to the table but characters like Violent Ken are a new welcome.

bread's done
Back