A Bunch of $5 titles at EB B&M - a few good titles and YMMV

chickenhawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
162 (100%)
An EB employee printed out this list of $5 games for me (Xbox and PS2 - Gemcube had only 2 games.....BMX XXX and Madden 2002). I am assuming these have been $5 at some point on the website already, but I thought someone might be interested in something, if even for collections sake. Also, I think these are just what they had in stock. Other stores may or may not have this stuff and might even have more than what is listed. In that regard, I guess this is YMMV. ANyway, here it is:

(note - I did not list NFL, NCAA, MLB, NHL, or NBA franchises and some other sports titles)

PS2
Activision Anthology
Aggressive Inline
ATV Off Road Fury
Black & Bruised
Dark Summit
Mace Griffin
Max Payne
RTX Red Rock
Tony Hawk 3
Trans Surf
Whirl Tour

Xbox
Alias
Blowout
Carmen SanDiego
Dave Mirra 2
Dead to Rights
Hobbit
IHRA Racing 3
Lord of the Rings (which one I am not sure...probably Fellowship)
Max Payne
Mission Impossible
Powerdrome
Quantum Redshift
Terminator 3
Terminator (?)
The Thing

Activision Anthology's great! shame shame shame on anybody who doesn't have it.

Aggressive Inline - rather close to the tony hawk games, but still different enough, I think.

Dark Summit - it only lasts a few hours, but it's a fresh take on snowboarding. Kinda like SSX lite Adventure.

[quote name='chickenhawk'] Also, I think these are just what they had in stock. Other stores may or may not have this stuff and might even have more than what is listed. In that regard, I guess this is YMMV. [/QUOTE]

Malice (PS2 and Xbox) is also $4.99 at EB. Makes good Gamerush fodder, if nothing else :)

I'm going to try and grab Alias, Carmen Sandiego, & Mission Impossible today. How did you get them to search for the $4.99 games? I may ask to see if there are any additional ones at the store I go to.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm going to try and grab Alias, Carmen Sandiego, & Mission Impossible today. How did you get them to search for the $4.99 games? I may ask to see if there are any additional ones at the store I go to.[/QUOTE]

How is Carmen Sandiego? I'm intrigued.

[quote name='shipwreck']I'm going to try and grab Alias, Carmen Sandiego, & Mission Impossible today. How did you get them to search for the $4.99 games? I may ask to see if there are any additional ones at the store I go to.[/QUOTE]

He was pushing the edge card on me and I told him I don't normally buy used cause I just wait for price drops and cheap games. He just offered to print out a list of games that were $6.99 and under cause he wants them out of the store. Rogue Ops was there for $6.99 new too but didn't really think that was worth mentioning with all the $5 games. :D

Be warned though that alot of these are likely the last (and therefore the gutted copies). If you can't get what you are looking for, I know they had one more left of CS and MI at my store. They also had 3 left of Alias. I can pick 'em up for you if you want next time I am out that way.

[quote name='ryosnk']Hey chickenhawk, which EB store gave you that info?[/QUOTE]

Joliet store by the Joliet-Lewis mall. I think there might be one in the mall too, bu this one was not in the mall. It's across the street from Office Max and Target on Plainfield road (I think that is Plainfield Rd.).

[quote name='psiufoxx2']How is Carmen Sandiego? I'm intrigued.[/QUOTE]

I have no idea, but I picked it up. If nothing else, it'll be a cheap game for my kids to mess around with before I trust them with the good stuff. ;)

[quote name='chickenhawk']He was pushing the edge card on me and I told him I don't normally buy used cause I just wait for price drops and cheap games. He just offered to print out a list of games that were $6.99 and under cause he wants them out of the store. Rogue Ops was there for $6.99 new too but didn't really think that was worth mentioning with all the $5 games. :D

Be warned though that alot of these are likely the last (and therefore the gutted copies). If you can't get what you are looking for, I know they had one more left of CS and MI at my store. They also had 3 left of Alias. I can pick 'em up for you if you want next time I am out that way.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I might take you up on that offer if I can't find them at my local stores. I'm pretty sure I saw most of these in stock recently though.

[quote name='howlinmad']Terminator Redemption maybe? :) I actually wouldn't mind having that one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I am not sure what the one that just says "Terminator" is. In retrospect, I should have inquired about that since I'd buy Redemption for $5.

[quote name='buffdrew84']any of them bring anything in a gamestop? and also has is mission impossible and alias?[/QUOTE]

Cmosfm does not know what the fuck!?!?!

Thanks OP

Got MI, Alias, The Thing, Dead to Rights, Max Payne

Only Dead to Rights was sealed, but the rest were in good shape, but opened for the floor.

[quote name='buffdrew84']i mean do any of them bring in good trade in value at gamestop?[/QUOTE]
you won't get much more if any then what you paid for. get the games to play not ot trade.

Well, I stopped in one EB really quickly and picked up Carmen Sandiego, Mission Impossible and NBA Starting Five. NBA Starting Five can be kind of hard to find if anyone is collecting Xbox games.

Oh, and you can add Aquaman for Xbox to the list of $4.99 games as well. If that doesn't make everyone rush to the stores, I don't know what will.

Just remembered five more: BloodRayne (Xbox), Future Tactics (Xbox), Mace Griffin (Xbox), Malice (Xbox), & Yager (Xbox).

Here's the update lists from what I can remember at the store I went to (I know there were more that I can't remember):

PS2
Activision Anthology
Aggressive Inline
ATV Off Road Fury
Black & Bruised
Dark Summit
Mace Griffin
Max Payne
RTX Red Rock
Tony Hawk 3
Trans Surf
Whirl Tour

Xbox
Alias
Aquaman
BloodRayne
Blowout
Carmen SanDiego
Dave Mirra 2
Dead to Rights
Future Tactics
Hobbit
IHRA Racing 3
Lord of the Rings (which one I am not sure...probably Fellowship)
Mace Griffin
Malice
Max Payne
Mission Impossible
NBA Starting Five
NHL Rivals 2004
Powerdrome
Quantum Redshift
Terminator 3
Terminator (?)
The Thing
Yager

[quote name='cheapfrag']Tony Hawk 3 has a $5 pricegrabber rebate, making it free after rebate[/QUOTE]

Why thank you for the wonderful information. I'll be picking it up shortly.

Dang! I called yesterday and found a new copy of Alias for XB and salesclerk confirmed price was $5, but I was in a hurry and couldn't stop by the B&M so today I have time, call just to be sure and sales guy says, Yep we have it but today the price adjusted back up to $16.99....Dang!

Heard its not that great a game but I'm a fan of games that have the original cast voices in it.

bread's done
Back