[OOS] Mortal Kombat: Deception XBOX $9.99 with free 3 day shipping

This should sell out pretty fast. That's a great value for everything in that game. Only 97 left at the time of this post.

[quote name='guyver2077']and i loved this on launch day at full price and everything. heck i even bought it for gc as well[/QUOTE]

Yep, I have the Xbox Kollector's Edition and the GC version. At this price I'm almost tempted to buy the regular edition for Xbox.

Quantity update: 89

[quote name='shipwreck']Yep, I have the Xbox Kollector's Edition and the GC version. At this price I'm almost tempted to buy the regular edition for Xbox.

Quantity update: 89[/QUOTE]

kool some one else like me...lol

im an mk freak

Much thanks for the great deal. Quick question. Is the only difference between the regular version and the Kollector's version the inclusion of MK1? Or does it have something else?

Thanks OP! Just put down an order for one. I have a question for all Firefox users outhere though. For some reason, Firefox seems to have problems with the EB site. When I try to log in it to buy or check the order status, it just refresh back to the log in site (if I log in from the checkout, it goes to the new customer page). It's perfectly fine when I use Internet Explorer, so I'm not exactly sure what is happening. Anyone know?

I was certain Deception would reach Platinum Hits status sometime soon, but this is probably as good a sale as I'll find on it new this year. :D

[quote name='guyver2077']kool some one else like me...lol

im an mk freak[/QUOTE]

You should see my modded Xbox. It has a MK: Deception skin and I'll soon be installing the MK logo gem that my wife had custom made. Add the MK controllers to that as well.

Any reason to get this if I have the PS2 version? (besides the fact that the Xbox version has better load times and graphics and custom soundtracks)

Awesome deal, thanks!

Btw, what's the difference between this XBox version and the Kollector's Edition? Any worthwhile extras?

[quote name='waxHead']Awesome deal, thanks!

Btw, what's the difference between this XBox version and the Kollector's Edition? Any worthwhile extras?[/QUOTE]

The Kollector's Edition has exclusive character box art, a trading card, and a seperate disc with MK1 on it.

[quote name='shipwreck']The Kollector's Edition has exclusive character box art, a trading card, and a seperate disc with MK1 on it.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... I never read any reviews on Deception, so I wasn't sure. Is that version of MK 1 updated at all, or is it a straight arcade port? I'm basically curious if it's worth putting the $10 + tax toward the Kollector's Edition, and returning this one when I get it.

[quote name='waxHead']Hmm... I never read any reviews on Deception, so I wasn't sure. Is that version of MK 1 updated at all, or is it a straight arcade port? I'm basically curious if it's worth putting the $10 + tax toward that version, and returning this one when I get it.[/QUOTE]

It's a straight arcade port, but it's not that great of a port. It's only worth the extra money if you are a big MK fan or if you are a collector.

[quote name='shipwreck']It's a straight arcade port, but it's not that great of a port. It's only worth the extra money if you are a big MK fan or if you are a collector.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, thanks for the details about it. I was thinking the KE might be worth the extra cash, but if it's not that great of a port, then I'll just keep this one for $10 :)

Christ my browser whacked out , but I managed to get in just in time to grab the last copy I think...85 units sold in minutes...amazing, damn hoarders

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Christ my browser whacked out , but I managed to get in just in time to grab the last copy I think...85 units sold in minutes...amazing, damn hoarders[/QUOTE]
Just missed. :(

[quote name='Epic Wolf']Christ my browser whacked out , but I managed to get in just in time to grab the last copy I think...85 units sold in minutes...amazing, damn hoarders[/QUOTE]

They lasted longer than I thought they would, and they certainly lasted longer than Omega Strain (PS2).

[quote name='chickenhawk']Any reason to get this if I have the PS2 version? (besides the fact that the Xbox version has better load times and graphics and custom soundtracks)[/QUOTE]
Plus LIVE is better, but correct me if I'm wrong but I think you answered your own question...lol

[quote name='guyver2077']i dont remember my x version having custom sountracks[/QUOTE]
Defenitely no Custom Soundtrack....

Yeah, I was just stating the usual reasons the Xbox version is better than PS2 or gamecube. I wasn't suggesting it had custom soundtracks......

Glad I didn't have to worry about this one.

I just wish the GC version would drop down to $10 (or $20, I'd be OK with that price) already.

[quote name='Epic Wolf']refresh my memory, what made the GC version so special again ?[/QUOTE]

2 Extra playable characters: Goro & Shao Kahn

There were also more characters available from the beginning without having to unlock them. I think this resulted in some additional unlockables in the Krypt to take their place, but I don't remember if it was anything worthwhile.

[quote name='shipwreck']2 Extra playable characters: Goro & Shao Kahn[/QUOTE]

Midway couldn't just add them to the XBox version as well... *sigh*

[quote name='smickerm']The GC version is cheap at either TRU, K-mart or CC. I forget which $10 or less though[/QUOTE]

Are you sure? I thought that was Deadly Alliance (but I'm not at all certain, so you could be right).

bread's done
Back