DS emulator for the PSP!

oh darnit, i shouldn't have bought a DS then...i wouldn't have mind waiting a little while for this if it meant saving $95...

It barely runs, has no controls and we already knew how much more powerful the PSP was. The psp has no touch screen or built in Mic. and the screens show up next to each other. So, unlike almost everything else being emulated so far, you will never have the same play experience.

yes. unfortunately................the PSP doesn't have a touch screen. *smacks forehead*

edit: you two beat me to it. this is one of those "just because we can" projects.

If someone would put that sort of effort into a n64 emulator, I'd be interested.. but emulating the DS seems kinda pointless. All of the games I want to play on it are better with the touch screen or were designed for it. ::shrug::

It's fake as shit.

Those screens it's showing are the EXACT screens taken from tests of the iDeaS emu, which is a work-in-progress DS emulator for PCs. It's pretty damn unlikely that the person doing this "DS-on-PSP" emulator just HAPPENED to take a pic of the Metroid intro at the EXACT SAME FRAME as the iDeaS author did. All this is, is another stupid hoax by someone who is simply using the PSP's picture browser to look at a picture.

Here's the proof:
Here is a pic of this supposed "DS-on-PSP" emulator:
battleshipideasp2d309x1847up.jpg

And here is a pic from the website for iDeaS (notice, it's the EXACT same as the one above):
btlshipds85lc.png

And here is the pic of the supposed emu playing Metroid on the PSP:
pdsp343x2085lh.jpg

And here is the picture of iDeaS that this was stolen from (and again, notice, it's the EXACT same as the one above):
mtr29ei.jpg

It's bullshit, no need to pay it any mind.

The PSP having the pic viewer makes dumbass fakes like this so easy, it's just stupid. Anyone can pull a hoax, now.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']The PSP having the pic viewer makes dumbass fakes like this so easy, it's just stupid. Anyone can pull a hoax, now.[/QUOTE]

Haha, didn't consider that... very true.

lets counter by having someone put on their site, a photoshopped PSP screen stretched or cut in half and displayed across the 2 DS screens. And brace for the traffic that you are about to receive.

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']lets counter by having someone put on their site, a photoshopped PSP screen stretched or cut in half and displayed across the 2 DS screens. And brace for the traffic that you are about to receive.[/QUOTE]

lmao

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']lets counter by having someone put on their site, a photoshopped PSP screen stretched or cut in half and displayed across the 2 DS screens. And brace for the traffic that you are about to receive.[/QUOTE]

Dude I've got the PSP to emulate on my DS
See
PSP_on_DS.jpg

Even if that was real, I can't imagine it being any good. I was playing SNES emulator on PSP today and the slowdown was horrific.

[quote name='Tromack']Even if that was real, I can't imagine it being any good. I was playing SNES emulator on PSP today and the slowdown was horrific.[/QUOTE]
Your suppose to change the clock speed of you PSP's CPU. Its suppose to be played with the unit over clocked.

Not to mention the WiFi element of most DS games. As far as I know, no one has emulated WiFi yet, and thats what makes half the DS games so much better.

[quote name='opportunity777']My cousin just bought a DS and plays Bomberman all day now ... I am thinking about getting one myself, but I am too cheap to pull the trigger.[/QUOTE]

well, now you don't have too :roll:

Wi-Fi has been integrated into some loaders for psp games. We'll just have to wait for the first "Wireless tic-tac-toe" program to see it in action.

BTW, SNES:
333 MHZ
3-4 frameskip
Plays Chrono/Earthbound/Mario All-Stars just fine.

And for any old school PC players, SCUMMVM has now been ported so Sam and Max as well as Full Throtle are emulated now (almost perfectly...analog mouse pointer too)

bread's done
Back