New Anthony Bourdain show!

evilmax17

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's called "No Reservations", and it's on the Travel channel starting this Monday at 10pm. WATCH THIS SHOW!

http://travel.discovery.com/fansites/bourdain/bourdain.html

His old show, "A Cook's Tour" (which was one of the best food related shows I've ever seen), has recently been airing in reruns on Food network, Sundays at 2:30PM.

94b_wine_dine.JPG

I can't help but recall all the contempt he had for people like Emeril Lagasse and Bobby Flay in Kitchen Confidential, so it's interesting to see him get yet another show.

On the other hand, someone whose adolescence was filled with liquor, cigarettes, and the soothing sounds of The Cramps, is instantly a cool guy by me.

Man, it looks like A Cook's Tour but with a new name, so that can't be bad. I have Seasons 1 and 2 of a Cooks Tour, if you want to AIM me I can send it thru there.

Or....

http://www2.digitaldistractions.org:8080/torrents/A%20Cook's%20Tour%20-%20Season%201.torrent
http://www2.digitaldistractions.org:8080/torrents/A%20Cook's%20Tour%20-%20Season%202.torrent

It's on now, and Tony is as awesome as ever. The whole show is rated MA (with a warning at the begining), and he just got done having an absynth trip, so the show is different from A Cooks Tour in some regard. But then again, there is a lot of familiarity to the show, almost feeling like a continuation of ACT.

In short, it's awesome. Turn it on now and catch the last half hour.

[quote name='evilmax17']It's on now, and Tony is as awesome as ever. The whole show is rated MA (with a warning at the begining), and he just got done having an absynth trip, so the show is different from A Cooks Tour in some regard. But then again, there is a lot of familiarity to the show, almost feeling like a continuation of ACT.

In short, it's awesome. Turn it on now and catch the last half hour.[/QUOTE]

You realize that it's perfectly legal to purchase, possess, and consume authentic Absinthe in the United States, right? It's hella expensive to import, though (the one major block is that it's legally regulated as a poison rather than narcotic, so it is illegal to sell it in the US).

The gay hillbilly bar (there is such a thing!) up the street from me offers Absinthe made with a wormwood that lacks thujone (sp?), the chemical agent that is the base for the poison; according to the expert there, the flavor and the high are identical to traditional Absinthe, but it's legal to sell. Also available for purchase are patisses (again, sp?), which is what became of absinthe when brewing/distilling with wormwood became illegal.

Can't say I've tried either, though; I'm just getting to the point in my life where I can tolerate an anise flavor. Currently, I'd rather have Sambuca (clear, of course) cut with water.

[quote name='mykevermin']I'd rather eat the cobra heart.[/QUOTE]

He goes to a strip club and orders a sub while the whores dance. He goes into an old Howard Johnson's and plays it safe with a Heineken and a grilled cheese:

The beauty of the grilled cheese sandwich in it's classic form, is neither the shaped carbohydrate slabs or the processed orange food product have any relationship to an organic living nutrient system, being unable to sustaint life in any form, the theroy is, at least it can't make you sick. It exists to provide a warm savory viscus sensation in the mouth that so fools the stomach into thinking it's recieving actual food.

It's worth a look just to hear that part.

Man, I really loathe Mario Batali, it's not his pretentiousness that drives me mad, nor is it his receding hairline pony tail, it's the fact that he always wears his stupid red kitchen clogs all the fu(kin time. Put on some sneakers every once in a while you douche.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Episode 3.

Off the Jersey Turnpike.[/QUOTE]
Nice, I missed 3 when it aired, so I have it dl'ing now.

I'm hoping that this show might inspire a DVD release of ACT, but I'm keeping my hopes low. I think Food Network currently holds the rights to it, and they don't seem the DVD-season-boxset type (I'd buy a Good Eats set too, but not those crappy best-ofs they sell on their website).

I'm so excited that they gave him another show. He had the best one on the Food Network. But, no , they give all the airtime to Emeril and Rachel Ray (barf). Anyway. Yeah. That rocks.

Rachel Ray is an awful tipper, at least according to a few episodes of $40/day. In addition, the first time I saw her on television, she was whoring Burger King chicken sammiches. As the great Bill Hicks pointed out, if you're advertising anything, you're off the artistic roll call (except for Willie "fuck Paying Taxes" Nelson).

I started reading Kitchen Confidential for the first time at the gym today (though I did lend the audiobook from the library). Just reading about his contempt for chicken eaters, sauce-on-siders, and vegetarians made me want to work a fuckin' sautee station all over again, man. My wife (a vegetarian) fuckin' hates him because of his contempt for veggie eaters, but doesn't understand his "food as art" philosophy.

Meh, you have to have kitchen experience to get the book, and what a fantastic read it will be (though it feels strange to read a book for the first time that I already know the circumstances in).

bread's done
Back