Looking for older Sierra games

vietgurl

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
I was looking through the collection of PC games I've accumulated since I was 5 and remembered that I was an avid fan of all Sierra games. I have most of the King's Quest games, Quest for Glory 3/4, some of the Space Quest games, most of the Police Quest games (I'm missing a disc for one of them), etc. Does anyone know where I might be able to complete my collection?

I'm assuming this is for collection purposes only, since a lot of the older games were on floppies. I think your best bet would be eBay. You can find the Collections (which were mostly on CD-ROM) on eBay, but those go for a LOT of money.

[quote name='judyjudyjudy']I'm assuming this is for collection purposes only, since a lot of the older games were on floppies. I think your best bet would be eBay. You can find the Collections (which were mostly on CD-ROM) on eBay, but those go for a LOT of money.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I wanna play them, hehe. I still have an old computer with the 5.25" (was that the size?) and 3.25" floppy drives.

[quote name='vietgurl']Actually, I wanna play them, hehe. I still have an old computer with the 5.25" (was that the size?) and 3.25" floppy drives.[/QUOTE]
I have one too (tho I have no idea if it still functions), but those floppies don't exactly stand the test of time too well. I'd consider it a risk to get floppy-based games to play, but a lot of the games came with nice packaging. If you're willing to shell out the dough tho, the Collections are a good bet.

what exactly are you looking for?

I have an complete extra Police quest collection.

I have some of the Kings Quest. I have some Leisure Larry. The only set I dont have the collection AND the individuals for is Space Quest. I just have 3+ and the entire collection cd but dont have originals for 1 & 2 yet.

Shoot me a PM to let me know what you are looking for.

Also as mentioned the AGD interactive remakes are fre. Entirely legal, they are updatged to 256 colors with voice. As well as Kings Quest 2 has been fleshed out more.

They are currently reworking Quest for Glory 2 as thats the only one left in 16 color anymore.

[quote name='Snake2715']
They are currently reworking Quest for Glory 2 as thats the only one left in 16 color anymore.[/QUOTE]

There's also Space Quest 2, which they were going to work on before but found another remake in the works. Unfortunatly the other remake is going nowhere, so hopefully they will do SQ2 next.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']There's also Space Quest 2, which they were going to work on before but found another remake in the works. Unfortunatly the other remake is going nowhere, so hopefully they will do SQ2 next.[/QUOTE]

Well given the fact that they have started an original IP and new company www.himilayastudios.com. That most likely wont happen any time soon.

They have done all the work previously for free with others copywritten work. They wanted to start something new at this point.

Some of the games are quite rare and expensive...you may be forced to get them off of abandonware sites, the legality of which are of course in debate. I have KQ, SQ, and Gabriel Knight collections (retail bought copies), and really would never trade them for anything. I think they are some of the best games ever made (especially GK series), and I hope everyone can play them eventually.

I have the Kings Quest Collection Series but that goes upwards of $100+ on Ebay, so.. eh.. yeah.. :) I have quite a older Sierra games, actually. I grew up on them. Now I just download them (abandonware) .. Quest for Glory 5, Quest for Glory Collection, etc. If you're not doing it for collection purposes then that's probably your best bet anyways. You can find them on Ebay though for fairly cheap alot of the time, given that it isn't something rare like the collection boxes. They've been out of print for years so you really don't have many options.

I've gotta say, though, the old Sierra classics such as Quest for Glory, Kings Quest, Gabriel Knight, etc are easily some of the best games ever made and everyone should play them, even now.

Ebay is the best place to get these games. I am a collector of old sierra adventure games myself. I own all eight King's Quests ( VII and VIII REALLY sucks, with VI being the best game EVER), all six Space Quests, Frontier Pharmacist, all five Quest for Glorys, and some of the Police Quests. Individuals can be bought on ebay for very cheap, under 10 dollars each. I wouldn't buy the sierra adventure packs such as the kings quest one because they all come on CDs and don't include (i don't think anyways) documents and whatnot. The old King's Quests, 1-6, actually come complete most of the time on Ebay, with original documents and even maps that came with the original game. The stories in the documents are also very interesting.

bread's done
Back