Intec Platinum Pro Gamer's Kit for GCN $1.04 at TRU (YMMV)

Pookymeister

Staff member
Feedback
736 (100%)
I went to TRU today to check out the $.01 Harvest Moon game deal, and saw a stack of these marked at $1.48 with green tags. The thread for the TRU green tags mention this item but not it's price, and i thought it was worth mentioning, since it's such a good deal.

You get : (look here for pictures http://www.inteclink.com/inteclink/products/gcube/gcube_details.asp?id=74 )

-The hard aluminum case for your GCN, two controllers and some games.
-A G-force controller
-A 4MB(maybe 16MB, some boxes said 16) memory card
-6 plastic game cases
-Controller extension cord

Not a bad deal.
I also noticed in the insert inside, an entry in their catalog for GCN component video cables. Thought only Nintendo made those. If anyone interested, its part G5231 from Intec.

Update : I bought a few of them - some come with G-Force controllers and a 4MB card. The others come with G-force 2 and a 16mb card.

if its really YMMV and im the only one whose TRU has these, the employee did mention they were getting another shipment tomorrow...guess i could get a couple

if someone could pick one up, i'd be sure to make it profitable, PM me if you have extras, or could pick one up if possible.

Maybe i shouldn't have said what TRU it was.....went 20 mins after opening and they said someone came in and took all 6 of them.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Maybe i shouldn't have said what TRU it was.....went 20 mins after opening and they said someone came in and took all 6 of them.[/QUOTE]

Bummer. But I'm sure your effort is appreciated.

[quote name='guessed']Bummer. But I'm sure your effort is appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the scumbag who took the rest of them must have appreciated it. :cry:

I'll prob have 1 or 2 for CAGs left once i keep one for myself and give the other to my friend.

I'll prob have extra extension cables too, if anyone specifically wanted those, as mentioned above.

[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']Yeah, the scumbag who took the rest of them must have appreciated it. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Of course, I meant the effort he expended in going back to the store this morning to look for it.

I went to the TRU in Eastgate (Cincinnati) and they had about 7 still on the shelf and they were 2.99 after 30% off

TRU Fairlakes, VA

Around $10 something :| defently YMMV
thats with the current 30% off

the guy in electronics was like whoa these things are going down to a dollar??
they look cool but i seriously doubt i can get through airport secuirty without having a few dirty looks by the secuirty staff.

[quote name='crazynater']The TRU in Fort Wayne has it green tagged at $29.99, just FYI.[/QUOTE]

yea i went there today checking on a few Green tag games and seen them. Found something interesting. They will not price adjust for green tag items. Meaning if i go in today and buy a green tag at 30% off they will not price adjust it come Aug 14 for 50% off. They said i would have to return it and buy another copy off the shelf. If there is no more copies then i will not be able to rebuy the item i just returned

[quote name='slidecage']if someone wants to sell me a few of these name your price in a pm to me.[/QUOTE]
They're kind of heavy...it would probably negate the "cheap ass" part of the deal to ship them.

As stated above, the TRU in Cuyahoga Falls, OH has these for $12.98. The TRU in Fairlawn, OH has them for $11.98, bringing the total closer to $9 after tax.

hmmm , these price ranges are weird. The guy i talked to there said they were actually shipping them into the store to sell. Maybe the local warehouses are overflowing around here.

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']Maybe i shouldn't have said what TRU it was.....went 20 mins after opening and they said someone came in and took all 6 of them.[/QUOTE]

The ass should have at least left a couple for you since you posted the deal and mentioned your intention of returning the next day.

My store (Bay Parkway, Brooklyn) got a shipment yesterday. When I left tonight we had 10 left. Got 12 more coming in the next shipment. Ours are 2.48 green tag. Comes to like 1.80 or something. Please come buy them, I'm sick of them taking up space :)

The stores will keep getting green tag merch until the supply is gone. And who gets what is based on sales. We've gone through about 20 of these at my store; I'm sure we'll get more.

[quote name='whitedeath']i went yesterday and the guy told mke 16.98 plus u get 30 percent off sir and smiled. what a loser[/QUOTE]

I don't get it - what's with calling him a loser?

[quote name='guessed']I don't get it - what's with calling him a loser?[/QUOTE]

My local B&M store is still asking $14.96 for the bundle, and that includes the 30% discount. :cry:

[quote name='Pookymeister1234']hmmm , these price ranges are weird. The guy i talked to there said they were actually shipping them into the store to sell. Maybe the local warehouses are overflowing around here.[/QUOTE]

Clearance prices at TRU can be like that sometimes (like that as in crazy low)

I noticed back in May that Wing Commander for the GBA was only 1.48 when I did a price check with a UPC I printed up. I asked an employee about it and they said that they saw one in stock but it was nowhere to be found & I didn't see it on the floor. I was in TRU the other day & it magically reappeared. It must have been lost somewhere in the back & when it was found someone put it out on the floor as it was right in the front & wasen't behind any other games.

I'll have to keep my eyes out for one of these Pro Gamer's Kits as if they have that many in the warehouses around PA maybe they will be sending some up towards Northeastern PA :D

$4.54 after discount at the Orange Park, FL TRU; still four more after I bought mine. I figured it was a good enough deal to not wait for 50%. When I checked out, I asked the clerk if he knew when the next incrementation would be, and he didn't know; when I returned home and checked CAG, I found out it was the 14th. That's right when I'd be moving back to college, so I figure it'd be too much of a hassle to return/rebuy. (However I might return the Intec GBA SP screen protectors; heard terrible things about it. Mostly about leftover goo when removing (but why would you do that), but my greater concern was reports of affected visibility.)

If any of you have Rhino's around you, you could help pay off your purchase by trading in the accessories it comes with. You'll probably only get a buck for each thing, but still.

Picked up one yesterday green tagged at $10. So was $7 after discount. Was the only one I saw. Had the 16mb card with all the other stuff in it. Not a bad case. I did see the PS2 and Xbox cases are also green tagged, but they are a bit higher in price.

$2.98 (edit: around $2 after the green tag 30% off) at the Princeton TRU (near quakerbridge mall), snagged 4 (for the extension cables and case), they had at least 6 left.

Thanks OP.

So...some people are getting 16Mb/B cards with theirs? Mine came with a 4Mb (59-block).

EDIT: Nevermind; it was a while since I read the OP and first threads. I guess I'll have to go back and see if the others left had 4x cards.

[quote name='whitedeath']i went yesterday and the guy told mke 16.98 plus u get 30 percent off sir and smiled. what a loser
[quote name='guessed']I don't get it - what's with calling him a loser?
[quote name='MaxBiaggi2']My local B&M store is still asking $14.96 for the bundle, and that includes the 30% discount. :cry:[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
I understand that the price varies greatly from TRU to TRU, I just don't understand why whitedeath called the employee a loser (I did assume he was referring to the employee and not himself). From whitedeath's post, the employee seemed quite friendly and helpful.

The case with no accessories is still $29.99, no GT at my TRU. I did see something else marked $4.98, but they did not have any in stock. I bet those were it, and are long gone.

This was a cool little deal. I got them for around $2 but I can say that I would definitely pay around $10-20 for one...especially if you travel with your gamecube in the car. The little disk holders are nice, and the case is much better than the official bag I had before.

For the extra 3 cases I got (for the accessories) I ripped out the dividers and use them to store GBA boxes and other stuff.

Pretty cool deal!

bread's done
Back