My Ebay adventures!! Rednecks, too!

organicow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
OK, the short version of the story is that this girl is trying to rip me off. I sold her a game that was in fantastic shape, and then she claimed she wanted to return it for a refund because it was not mint - which it was...
Anyway, she happens to live just a couple of towns away from me, so I called her up to settle it using Ebay's contact info. I even volunteered to meet her halfway so we could save on shipping, but she said no. Next thing I know, her redneck dad is on the phone saying that he thinks I'm trying to cheat his daughter and that they want thier $127 back before they return the game. Well, that got a big "hell, no" out of me. He also took a very accusational tone with me, and clearly implied that I am some sort of crook. I told him that I have been selling on Ebay since 1998 (!), and that I'm too old (28) to be fooling around trying to rip off young girls on Ebay. Also, why would I call HIM if I was trying to screw them? Stupid hillbillies.
So, they reported ME to ebay and now I'm having a huge problem just because these morons wouldn't just mail the game back like they were supposed to.
But here's the kicker - During my conversation with her dad, he accidentially let it slip that she needs her games to be perfectly mint because she has a shrinkwrapping machine and RESELLS THEM AS NEW!!! Obviously, this really pissed me off.
Then I looked at her current Ebay listings, only to find a ton of EXTREMELY overpriced games. Most importantly, it appears that ALL of her GB, GBA, SNES, and N64 games are "Brand New and Sealed." Right....
Needless to say, I plan to report her to Ebay (once all this trouble is over between us) for resealing used games. While I have no proof, her father did say so himself, and it is just unbelievable that she would actually have access to as many brand new old games. Oh yeah, and it seems that she only reseals gmes that come in boxes - since the seals on CD and DVD cases are different.
Here's a link to her auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ25QQfrtsZ0QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQsassZcrystalsshop429

Damn. I'm sure with the way eBay handles things they'll end up suspending you and making her a featured Power Seller...

But seriously requiring her to return the item before you issue a refund shouldn't get you into any hot water with eBay. Only thing would be if they claimed you were threatening on the phone. I'd hope eBay wouldn't screw you over a 'he said, she said' situation.

And if you really want to make a case against her, find many examples of auctions she won for a 'used but mint' game and then a subsequent listing by her of the same title listed as 'New'. That should be a real eye opener for eBay.

Don't Nintendo games have some sort of line or something in the seal that you wouldn't really be able to reproduce? I notice she doesn't include real pictures (at least in the one auction I clicked)

Here's a view of the auctions she's won in the past 30 days:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...talsshop429&completed=1&all=0&rows=100&sort=3

She won and is now selling as new:
N64 Nintendo 64 Mario Party 2 Complete & Like New
Golden Sun (GBA)

Hasn't put up yet/ maybe already sold:
Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub-Zero (Nintendo 64)
Breath of Fire III (Playstation)

I'm sure she bought a bunch of the other stuff she has up on eBay, but you can only look back 30 days when you search by bidder AFAIK, plus I just did a quick check. You could go back further by checking her feedback if you really wanted to. You could try reporting those two as well as mention her dad told you on the phone she does this and let them really look back at it. Just mention that you are confident if they look at her entire buying and selling history they'll see many many examples of this, too many to just be coincidence. I'd hope they would take a good look, but I really don't know.

What would really suck is if she is a CAG and she has been doing this through this site.
Thanks for the post OP. I definitely won't ever buy from her.

Wow. I noticed that NONE of her positive feedback are from the "factory sealed" over priced junk. $12 shipping too. I did notice this in her feedback:

Sent Illegal/Pirated Version of GBA game. Sent back, received full refund.
Reply by crystalsshop429: SOLD 2 OF THESE THEY LEFT GOOD FEEDBACK YOU WANTED TO PLAY THE GAME SHAME SHAME
Follow-up by wintremute2003: You sold me an illegal copy-that's against EBAY policy. I only buy legal copies. Jun-23-05 16:06

Followed by this on the poor buyer's feedback

NOT VERY NICE SENT YOU A FULL REFUND AND YOU LEFT ME CRAPY FEEDBACK SHAME ON YOU
Reply by wintremute2003: Sold me pirated game-I left a fair NEUTRAL rating-Should know their merchandise
Follow-up by crystalsshop429: GAME WAS NOT PIRATED YOUR NOSE SHOULD BE GROWING VERY BAD E-BAYER SHAME ON YOU!!

People like this is what's wrong with eBay. And what's with this "shame" B.S. She sounds like Ms. Swan from Mad TV, and it's damn annoying (Probably why she's doing it).

Did anyone look at the question/answer part of her Sonic Blast Man auction? Awesome! Someone tell me that that was one of us!

Sent her an email about Golden Sun, asking if it was actually factory sealed, or if she resealed it. I think I'll send a few more.

Holy shit. not only is she reselling games as new but at insane pricing. This is fraud. She also is listing games with stock photos. This is terrible. I'm sorry but if you have a brand new PS1 game and are asking $249 you better have photos to show me the game and the sony seal stickers.

Bah ha ha!! I can't believe those prices. Yes let me order Final Fantasy Tactics Advance for $90 from you, when i can get it for $30 in the store. I really hope no one buys from this person, because that would just make me cry...

Thanks for the support guys! You know, like I said I've been selling on Ebay since 1998 and only within the past year have I begun having real problems. As I was gathering up my most recent batch of my old games and junk to sell, I swore to myself that if I had any problems in this round of selling then I would just quit Ebay all together. When I add the amount of trouble that even one crappy buyer can give me to the existing hassle of having to harass bidders to actually pay up - well, its not even worth it.

I'm having another small problem right now on Ebay - I clearly state that I only take Paypal payments from people who have confirmed shipping addresses. However, most buyers apparently cannot fucking read because 2 items (one for about $40 and one for about $300) from this batch of my auctions were paid for by people with unconfirmed addresses. I get ripped off ($300+) a few months back because some dipshit bought my DS, recieved it (I have tracking numbers to prove it!), filed a non-receipt of goods claim against me, got his money back, and got my DS for free. Paypal's customer service sucks, and even though I had a valid tracking number that says he received the DS, they ruled in his favor in the his-word-against-mine game.

I just can't deal with this shit anymore.

[quote name='evilmax17']Sent her an email about Golden Sun, asking if it was actually factory sealed, or if she resealed it. I think I'll send a few more.[/QUOTE]

At least she was honest in her reply:

THIS WAS OPENED AND CHECKED THEN RESEALED MINT.THANKS

Edit:

I responded with:

Thanks for responding. You should really state that you open and reseal the games in your auctions, as many collectors can be picky about this. Technically, if you open and then reseal it, it's not "Factory Sealed". If you don't tell people that you open the games, you're misleading them, and posting a fraudulent auction. Try to be more careful in the future.

I think she knows except she's avoiding to tell the truth. That's why it's always best to contact the seller and confirm if he/she legit with some questions.

I asked her about Mega Max X.

She said it was factory sealed with the line and hang tab.

I then asked for pictures (again) and she said no.

@ the OP: I've had a bad experience w/ Paypal customer service too... someone bought a nigh-irreplaceable (at least at a sane price) Pokemon item from me over a month ago. Exactly a month after it was paid for, I was hit with a chargeback, leaving me in the red. I was unable to contact the person who bought the card ($#&@ unconfirmed address BULLSHIT, like with what you've had to deal with), so I am out $12 (thank goodness that it was only $12 and not $120!) and a card I could have easily relisted because that douche had a bad e-mail address. I still do not know to this day if it was genuine ID theft that that person had to go through or if their kid got into the credit cards. If I knew, I wouldn't be calling him a douche.

:rofl: This is too much... $250 for Persona 2 sealed?

OP, why not do this: someone mentioned that they saw she won an auction for a mint copy of the game and then had a sealed copy up for bidding. Tell eBay that, that's pretty fishy if you ask me.

One time I won a two game auction in which both of the games were described as mint. When I got them, one was only near mint at the most and the other was crap. I asked the sell if there was some sort of mistake. She accused me of trying to rip her off and said she'd file a lawsuit against me.:lol:

I didn't know at the time but that was a threat and against eBay policy since I didn't even ask for a refund or even threaten her in anyway.

If you look at her completed auctions, there are a couple of good deals like a complete and (from what I can glean from the picture) excelent looking MArio Party 2 for 19.99. I wonder what kind of mental disability she contracted to make her list fucking Sonic Blastman at over $100.

Even though these people are obviously the scum of the earth...

OP, why not do this: someone mentioned that they saw she won an auction for a mint copy of the game and then had a sealed copy up for bidding. Tell eBay that, that's pretty fishy if you ask me.

You can't always make that assumption for a game or two. I often will buy a mint copy of a game that I have sealed if I want to play it and it has appreciated in value a lot. I play the mint copy and take the profit on the sealed one. But I agree if there are a ton of auctions like this for one person, it's fishy as hell.

[quote name='BBoyKimChee']i love to see this bitch get banned[/QUOTE]

If she did Ebay would be more then happy to let her sign back up and use a different screen name. It amazes me though that with all the money ebay charges they can't keep control of there own auction site.

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']FYI, you can set up your paypal so you only get payments from people with confirmed addresses, very very helpful :)[/QUOTE]

How?

And the starting a new ebay name and posting a neg. feedback sounds smart to me.

[quote name='fugazi_chichimon']FYI, you can set up your paypal so you only get payments from people with confirmed addresses, very very helpful :)[/QUOTE]
Hmm. I should definitely do this. Thanks!

Someone above mentioned the Suikoden 2 for $249...well, guess what? That's the game she bought from me for $122! Get this - she listed that game the same day that she emailed me saying that the disc I sent her was not as mint as I had said.

What a con artist!!

And Evilmax - the email you got from her was actually her DAD - HE TYPES IN ALL CAPS LIKE A SERIAL KILLER, whereas she doesn't. He obviously (from our emails and conversations) has no idea what the hell is going on - otherwise he never would have confessed to resealing games.

50 Cent, move over. Organicow just found the world's stupidest person.

I suggest going over to her house and vandalizing it. I want to see if she lists "HOUSE BRAND NEW NEVER VANDALIZED $10,000,000,000 CHEAP!"

[quote name='Blade']I suggest going over to her house and vandalizing it. I want to see if she lists "HOUSE BRAND NEW NEVER VANDALIZED $10,000,000,000 CHEAP!"[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

[quote name='Blade']50 Cent, move over. Organicow just found the world's stupidest person.

I suggest going over to her house and vandalizing it. I want to see if she lists "HOUSE BRAND NEW NEVER VANDALIZED $10,000,000,000 CHEAP!"[/QUOTE]

You fail at humor and life.

[quote name='Blade']50 Cent, move over. Organicow just found the world's stupidest person.

I suggest going over to her house and vandalizing it. I want to see if she lists "HOUSE BRAND NEW NEVER VANDALIZED $10,000,000,000 CHEAP!"[/QUOTE]

You know, i'd consider a little visit if they weren't such backwoods rednecks. I'd probably get a shotgun wound.
Apparently, Stone Mountain (not a redneck town - it's mostly black) is just where she ships from, whereas she actually lives in LaFayette, GA...which is about as backwoods redneck as you can get without crossing into Alabama. Her Pappy runs an auto ga-rage (can you hear my redneck accent?! :lol: ) in Lafayette, and there's where she runs her little operation.

Honestly, I'd like to see this girl go down for her shit, but at this point I just hope that they drop the matter entirely and I never hear from them again. I figure that once they realize how much hassle it would be to go after me through Ebay they will just drop it for fear that their little rewrapping scheme will be exposed.

[quote name='wubb']Report her to eBay as selling used items as 'New', if you want evilmax. Their policy is that for a game to be listed as 'New' it must be unopened.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/attrhelp/contextual/4.html[/QUOTE]

Good idea.

I reported ever single one of her videogame auctions to eBay. Every single fucking one of them, has to be like 120 or something like that.

fucking bitch. I hope eBay reams her out, or at least makes her take down her shit.

Her auctions rule.

03_1_b.JPG

"Nevermind the tape! Factory sealed!"

Wtf. Looking at the list of auctions she won, TWO of them were for Suikoden II, both of which I bid on. AND ONE OF THEM I WOULD HAVE WON IF THAT BI*** DIDN'T SNIPE IT. Heck, I didn't mind the getting sniped, it happens on egay all the time. But now knowing that all she wanted with the game was to rewrap it and sell it at an exorbitant price.....I hope she suffers a most horrible fate.

[quote name='organicow']...says the man with the "Night at the Roxbury" sig. ;)[/QUOTE]

.....which automatically shows that I have a great sense of humor and a swingin ass lifestyle.

[quote name='Scorch']Her auctions rule.

03_1_b.JPG

"Nevermind the tape! Factory sealed!"[/QUOTE]

Or the sticker on the inside.

[quote name='b3b0p']Um, why is Karate Kid so much?

I just saw this in the "Family" section at my Hastings for something like $9.99.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, and a "sealed" Mario Party 64 is like $350. \\:D/

bread's done
Back