Kuon (PS2) - $19.99 new at Gamestop B&M

Josef

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
Finally the perfect price for this increasingly hard to find game. If your Gamestop has it in stock it will be $19.99 new and $17.99 used. Not sure if EB has followed suit with a price drop as well.

[quote name='Josef']Finally the perfect price for this increasingly hard to find game. If your Gamestop has it in stock it will be $19.99 new and $17.99 used. Not sure if EB has followed suit with a price drop as well.[/QUOTE]

So, do you recommend the game for playing, or is it more because it's hard to find? Most reviews I read were hardly glowing, praising the atmosphere and setting but saying the gameplay left a lot to be desired.

[quote name='blandstalker']So, do you recommend the game for playing, or is it more because it's hard to find? Most reviews I read were hardly glowing, praising the atmosphere and setting but saying the gameplay left a lot to be desired.[/QUOTE]

Well, I've never played it (just picked it up today), but from the reviews I've read (and considering the relative scarcity of the title), $20 was the price I was willing to pay. If the title was more common like say the Silent Hill games, I probably would've waited for it to drop to $10, but I seriously doubt a new copy of Kuon would ever fall to $10.

I bought the game new at $49.99 and while the reviews were mostly on target, if you've played the original Resident Evil and didn't have problems with it, you'll enjoy this game.

The main problem with Kuon is that its controls and gameplay format is nearly identical to the original RE, while new games in the survival horror genre has already evolved and moved on. If you think of this game as RE with better graphics (although the characters' mouth do not move while speaking in cut scenes) and creepy feudal Japan vibe, that pretty much sums the game up.

Make no mistake about it, this is a low budget production by From Software, a 2nd/3rd tier developer that's not in the same league of Capcom, Konami or even Tecmo. Even though the production value is low, they did manage to pull off the atmosphere aspect with scary sounds and claustrophobic setups.

At $19.99 I think it's worth picking up. I had more fun with it than the latest chapter of Silent Hill, even though I kind of lost interest in finishing the game once the big mystery behind the game was reveal a bit too soon.

[quote name='cheapass Gundam']I bought the game new at $49.99 and while the reviews were mostly on target, if you've played the original Resident Evil and didn't have problems with it, you'll enjoy this game.

The main problem with Kuon is that its controls and gameplay format is nearly identical to the original RE, while new games in the survival horror genre has already evolved and moved on. If you think of this game as RE with better graphics (although the characters' mouth do not move while speaking in cut scenes) and creepy feudal Japan vibe, that pretty much sums the game up.

Make no mistake about it, this is a low budget production by From Software, a 2nd/3rd tier developer that's not in the same league of Capcom, Konami or even Tecmo. Even though the production value is low, they did manage to pull off the atmosphere aspect with scary sounds and claustrophobic setups.

At $19.99 I think it's worth picking up. I had more fun with it than the latest chapter of Silent Hill, even though I kind of lost interest in finishing the game once the big mystery behind the game was reveal a bit too soon.[/QUOTE]
Thanx managed to find one local for $30 about $4 more than paying tax & trainfare plus my time :) but thanks for the insight

Enjoy the game, I do plan to go back and finish the remaining 2/3 (a new characater is unlocked once you've finished the 2 playable characters that were initially playable), but having just picked up Sakura Taisen V, even WoW has to wait...

bread's done
Back