Did we really need a Limited Edition of Marc Ecko's Getting Up?

"A revolutionary, deep storyline written by Marc Ecko poses the question 'What if graffiti could change the world?,' demonstrating the struggle against authority while seeking to save a neighborhood from an oppressive city government."

You have got to be shitting me...

[quote name='Brak']"A revolutionary, deep storyline written by Marc Ecko poses the question 'What if graffiti could change the world?,' demonstrating the struggle against authority while seeking to save a neighborhood from an oppressive city government."

You have got to be shitting me...[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

[quote name='Brak']"A revolutionary, deep storyline written by Marc Ecko poses the question 'What if graffiti could change the world?,' demonstrating the struggle against authority while seeking to save a neighborhood from an oppressive city government."

Lessons in graffiti evolution – watch Trane grow from "toy" to "All City King" as his graffiti style and the state of graffiti in New Radius evolve over the course of the game.

Hmm. A generic Marxist revolutionary themed game written by a mega-wealthy clothing manufacturer? Wow, the bourgeoisie really are laughing their asses off at us!

C'mon guys this is the first ever graffiti inspired game. It's sure to be ground breaking right..............oh wait

Yes, I was surprised enough that this game was on the cover of the newest OXM, but seeing this Limited Edition made me start to wonder if people actually were excited about this game.

As Marc Ecko's Getting Up: Contents Under Pressure story unfolds, you'll be given specific objectives to complete for a mission victory. These include graffiti-under-pressure scenarios, navigational challenges, stealth/sneak style missions, and fast-action battle sequences.

Oooh! Navigational challenges!

[quote name='shipwreck']seeing this Limited Edition made me start to wonder if people actually were excited about this game.[/QUOTE]

Nah, I bet there is no actual info on consumer interest in the game. Rather, interest can be fabricated by making you wonder if the game is going to be popular (the precise question you postulated). This occurred to me at a very young age, when I noticed that various kinds of breakfast cereals were labeled "collectors edition" or "limited edition." This wasn't just Wheaties, folks; Cap'n Crunch's Christmas Crunch is one that comes to mind. It's probably not that hot of an idea to consider perishables as for "collectors."

[quote name='mykevermin']Nah, I bet there is no actual info on consumer interest in the game. Rather, interest can be fabricated by making you wonder if the game is going to be popular (the precise question you postulated). This occurred to me at a very young age, when I noticed that various kinds of breakfast cereals were labeled "collectors edition" or "limited edition." This wasn't just Wheaties, folks; Cap'n Crunch's Christmas Crunch is one that comes to mind. It's probably not that hot of an idea to consider perishables as for "collectors."[/QUOTE]

I still have my Cap'n Crunch's Christmas Crunch mint and sealed.

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, I was surprised enough that this game was on the cover of the newest OXM, but seeing this Limited Edition made me start to wonder if people actually were excited about this game.[/QUOTE]

Haven't even heard of it until I read this topic. And I was legitimately appalled / disgusted when I researched it and discovered it's synopsis.

I'm suprised this game is getting a limited edition and I'm not buying it when it comes out (I don't pay $50 for ANY game). But I am very excited about this game. I really like the company creating the game (The Collective), I think they are the masters of hand-to-hand combat in games (Buffy & Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb) and the game is filled with lots of climbing around and acrobatic insanity which I also really like and think The Collective does well. I don't really care about the concept of the game (graffiti art) and I don't give a damn about Marc Ecko, but I expect the game to be great.

EDIT: You people shouldn't be bashing a game you obviously know nothing about.

EDIT 2: On a brighter note, if the game comes out as unknown as you all think it will, faster price drops for me.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']I'm suprised this game is getting a limited edition and I'm not buying it when it comes out (I don't pay $50 for ANY game). But I am very excited about this game. I really like the company creating the game (The Collective), I think they are the masters of hand-to-hand combat in games (Buffy & Indiana Jones & the Emperor's Tomb) and the game is filled with lots of climbing around and acrobatic insanity which I also really like and think The Collective does well. I don't really care about the concept of the game (graffiti art) and I don't give a damn about Marc Ecko, but I expect the game to be great.

EDIT: You people shouldn't be bashing a game you obviously know nothing about.

EDIT 2: On a brighter note, if the game comes out as unknown as you all think it will, faster price drops for me.[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much impossible not to make fun of this game. Read the info on EB's site. If you are able to get through the whole thing without at least smirking, you are amazing.

I do like The Collective's past work, but the entire premise of this game sounds horrible. I can guarantee that you won't have to worry about waiting a long time for this to drop in price.

[quote name='PenguinMaster']EDIT: You people shouldn't be bashing a game you obviously know nothing about.[/QUOTE]

*kills myself in real life for being so stupid*

Anyway, I do like The Collective's beat 'em up engine... but I do not like the license of this game. Marc Ecko sucks balls.

[quote name='Brak']*kills myself in real life for being so stupid*

Anyway, I do like The Collective's beat 'em up engine... but I do not like the license of this game. Marc Ecko sucks balls.[/QUOTE]

I agree with the second part of the your statement, but like I said don't focus on the license of the game. The Collective made Buffy as well and I hated that license too, but the game was fantastic.

I'm looking forward to picking this one up around the $20 price point. After seeing the clips on the new OXM demo disc and doing some research I think it has potential. You have to give them credit for doing something original for a change instead of Tony Hawk 12: Don't Feed Phil or Madden 17. I will always support original game concepts. I love everything the Collective does and I'm keeping an open mind on this.

This ridiculous limited edition thing is getting out of hand. Every popular game now has to come in a limited edition tin case for 5 or 10 bucks extra. I consider myself a video game collector and it just frustrates me that video game companies are trying to squeeze every possible dollar out of me in such an easy, pointless way. And what's worse, even the low-key games are doing it now.

Wasn't there an article pointing out that this generation's "limited edition" obsessiveness is really test marketing to see if consumers are ready to drop $60 on a title? Perhaps this is the test to see if that, given the success of Halo 2, SC:CT, and Doom3 (among others), if people are willing to drop $55-60 on an average, non-hyped title.

Just a thought.

[quote name='The Cheapest Ass Gamer']This ridiculous limited edition thing is getting out of hand. Every popular game now has to come in a limited edition tin case for 5 or 10 bucks extra. I consider myself a video game collector and it just frustrates me that video game companies are trying to squeeze every possible dollar out of me in such an easy, pointless way. And what's worse, even the low-key games are doing it now.[/QUOTE]

You mean you don't want Mary Kate & Ashley Mall Madness LE?

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']You mean you don't want Mary Kate & Ashley Mall Madness LE?[/QUOTE]

Depends on the extra bonus features. They should have an exclusive Anorexia Madness minigame or something.

LOL. Great stuff. Hey I just noticed EB gave Pump it Up a block of space on the sidebar. Spend your $60 on that.

I bought the Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory CE for both PS2 and Xbox only to realize that I hate those kinds of games and I wasted my money. I'm a sucker for LEs and bonuses but I still refuse to buy this one.

I'm definitely getting this LE version............................if it comes with my own choice of metallic color spray paints and personal Ecko hoody!!! So I can go Tag it up thug style!!

BTW: that was a joke ;)

Say what you will about the other high profile video game company bankruptcies and closing but if Atari goes in the crapper anytime soon, they deserved it for putting ANY money into such a game concept that is so incredibly lame and uninteresting.

[quote name='mykevermin']Hmm. A generic Marxist revolutionary themed game written by a mega-wealthy clothing manufacturer? Wow, the bourgeoisie really are laughing their asses off at us![/QUOTE]

You stole the words out of my mouth. Well, not the exact words, but close to it.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']We don't even need a regular version of this game.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Couldn't have said it better.

This game sounded like crap from the beginning. All they are trying to do with this game is catch onto the popular urban culture now with the Marc Ecko name and just simply the game. It sounds terrible and though the The Collective has pulled some great stuff out of their bag out of no where, this one just sounds soooooo bad that it can't be redeemed. And what the hell, an LE for this crap. Why would you want one? What's there to be had for a no name game that doesn't sound good from the onset?

The only LE/SE/CEs that I have are the Phantom Brave one (didn't cost me extra money so why not), the SMT: N (same as Phantom Brave), Halo 2 (got it as a gift :cry::roll:), the RE4 one (this one's just bad ass, nearly have all of the pre-order stuff as well like the lithograph, the cd, just missing the RE disc that has the history of the games), SMT: DDS (you can't really count this one since this is the only way it came), and both Zeldas for the Cube. Other than the Halo one, the rest didn't bother me. The only CE that I'm waiting for some drops though is for one or two more price drops on the Jade Empire, and a few more for Doom 3.

arrrghhh...what if there was a stage where you discover the Ecko sweatshop and "motivate" the workers by spraypainting them in the face?

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, I was surprised enough that this game was on the cover of the newest OXM, but seeing this Limited Edition made me start to wonder if people actually were excited about this game.[/QUOTE]

Gotta be Payola

[quote name='shipwreck']Yes, I was surprised enough that this game was on the cover of the newest OXM, but seeing this Limited Edition made me start to wonder if people actually were excited about this game.[/QUOTE]Any ads for the game inside the magazine?

[/QUOTE]

Does this sound like the plot of a Ben Stiller spoof, or what?

I predict this will be the first 360 title to have a price drop. At a console launch, it seems as if there's always one bizarre, ill-conceived game that nobody gives a shit about, e.g. Kabuki Warriors, Universal studios theme park adventure. It looks like we've found our winner right here.

I have just realized I have no idea who Marc Ecko is, and I think I'm glad about that.

[quote name='dinovelvet']Does this sound like the plot of a Ben Stiller spoof, or what?

I predict this will be the first 360 title to have a price drop. At a console launch, it seems as if there's always one bizarre, ill-conceived game that nobody gives a shit about, e.g. Kabuki Warriors, Universal studios theme park adventure. It looks like we've found our winner right here.

I have just realized I have no idea who Marc Ecko is, and I think I'm glad about that.[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is coming out for 360. I can't wait for the $70 collector's editions that we are bound to see on the 360 though.

I played the game at e3 and it was actually pretty good. Not $50 but if it was a budget title $14-19 it be worth it
I'd stick with JSR series though.

only reason I would really wanna even tryit is becasue Talib Kwali (SP?) is voicing the main character. Other than that, I haven't seen much of it.
P.Diddy and Rosario Dawson are also supposed to voice someone

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I played the game at e3 and it was actually pretty good. Not $50 but if it was a budget title $14-19 it be worth it
I'd stick with JSR series though.[/QUOTE]

Everyone keeps comparing it to JSR, but the gameplay looks drastically different (as well as the atmosphere) and I think Getting Up looks superior.

[quote name='62t']Can Sega sue Atari like they sue EA for making Simpon Hit and Run a ripped off of Crazy Taxi?[/QUOTE]

Sega sued EA for that?!? Hit & Run is a GTA rip-off, if anything! Did they win?

Talib Kweli's supposed to be the voice of the main character in this one right? I'm keeping up hope it won't be bad...

[quote name='PenguinMaster']Sega sued EA for that?!? Hit & Run is a GTA rip-off, if anything! Did they win?[/QUOTE]

I think he made a mistake, the lawsuit was over Simpson's Road Rage not Hit and Run.

So I read the article in OXM about this game. The limited edition comes with a marker, a black book, and a dvd with extras. This could be the first game ever to come with a marker.

[quote name='shipwreck']So I read the article in OXM about this game. The limited edition comes with a marker, a black book, and a dvd with extras. This could be the first game ever to come with a marker.[/QUOTE]
A marker!!!

Hey isnt there a Freerunner game coming out or something like it

[quote name='Ozzkev55']A marker!!!

Hey isnt there a Freerunner game coming out or something like it[/QUOTE]

Yes there is a Free Running game coming out, but I think it is only for PSP. At least that's all that is in EB's system.

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/256889.asp

I actually like most "extreme sports" games, so I'm kind of intrigued to how this game is going to turn out. It will most certainly flop, but if it's any good, I'll pick it up cheap.

bread's done
Back