Samsung 26" Dynaflat widescreen TV - $350 + s/h

RBM

CAGiversary!
Credit for this deal goes to Gotapex.com:

Amazon.com currently has the Samsung TXN2668WHF 26" Widescreen DynaFlat HDTV Monitor for $350 + shipping & handling, while supplies last:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000A3I49Q/ref%3Dnosim/gotapex/102-3868453-9732946

• Offers 15 watts per channel through side-mounted stereo speakers, simulated surround sound
  • 16:9 widescreen high-definition CRT set with 26-inch DynaFlat screen; 31.5 x 19.9 x 21.8 inches (W x H x D)
  • Accepts high-definition 1080i and 480p progressive-scan signals from DTV set-top receivers and progressive-scan DVD players
  • Front-panel control keys grant menu access independently of the remote control
  • Side-panel AV hookups and controls allow easy connection with a camcorder, gaming console, or other device

For those on a budget who would like an HDTV-ready set and are satisfied with 26" for their gaming/movie fix, this appears to be a pretty decent price. Movies (and games!) are *much* nicer on a widescreen monitor. What's a measly three or four hundred bucks, anyways? You aren't going to live forever.

[Oooh...that's an excellent point, Javeryh. I missed that. Well, maybe some poor shmuck has extra cash burning a hole in his pocket. He'd look darn silly walkin around with a smokin hole in his jeans.]

be careful if it doesn't support 720p - lots of next-gen video games are going to be outputting in that format

haha, someone posted the wrong review:

"The Wizard of Oz Film and Musical Score, August 4, 2005

Reviewer:Catherine Hoskinson (Singapore) - See all my reviews

I purchased both the DVD and the original Musical Score, both were fantastic. The quality of the recording and the picture
were better than the original.
I think a package should be made including both items, so we can enjoy the music and relive the picture while travelling
in the car.
I am totally satisfied with my purchase and the speed of its delivery.

Catherine Hoskinson
Singapore "

It got 0 out of 18 helpful reviews

Well im a cheapy and I really wanna buy one of these cheap tvs but most of them don't do 720p. What will happen to the new games that support that when played on the tvs that don't support it?

[quote name='Treythalomew']Well im a cheapy and I really wanna buy one of these cheap tvs but most of them don't do 720p. What will happen to the new games that support that when played on the tvs that don't support it?[/QUOTE]

If the game is programmed for 720p and not 1080i then the TV will be forced to display it in 420p which won't look as nice.

all next gen consoles will upconvert the signal to 1080i, so don't worry.

the xbox made a foolish mistake to not have a built in upconverter...They've learned their lesson, so now, you won't be forced to play 720p games at 480p

bread's done
Back