New Jade Empire LE $24.99 at Ebgames.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mtxbass1']Just a matter of time before it's $19.99...[/QUOTE]

that's when i'll swoop in and buy it for 15 after GGC @ BB :)

[quote name='swetooth9']that's when i'll swoop in and buy it for 15 after GGC @ BB :)[/QUOTE]

that's what i'm waiting for. did this game not live up to its expectations? it seems other bioware games stayed at a higher price for longer.

Its a great game, but falls apart towards the last 3 chapters. Chapter 1-3 = Extremely non-linear gameplay that goes up progresively as you get to the next chapter. Chapter 4 is slightly non-linear, but you can see it going down hill. Chapter 5-7 extremely linear. Other than that the game is awesome.

The problem with this game going down in price comes from its setting I think. Kotor had the Star Wars name to drive sales for the main stream, plus it was a great game meaning even more sales. Jade Empire is a great game, but doesn't have the name recognition. I can see someone saying: "Jade what???".

-Morpheus

Blah, right after I bought it for 29.99. Guess I should have suspected it was going to drop like a rock.

It is strange that it gets so many glowing reviews, though, and then the player reviews come back saying that it's lacking in more than one area. I've only played past the introduction, basically, so I hope I didn't end up wasting my money.

[quote name='schultzed']This is a temporary price reduction due to the August sale:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61047

I might get it if the PO goes to $17.99 in a few months . . . would be $13.50 ac . . . or $7 out of pocket with store credit.

I got the penny guide at BB . . . have one for trade . . .

CML and PM
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36138[/QUOTE]

when did the new guides drop to penny guides? and do you have a link to which guides?

thanks

Jade Empire was a great game, I guess it isn't selling well among the casual gamers (the ones that played through KoTOR because it was starwars) I guess the large amounts of dialog bored a lot of people, but they were my favorite parts of the game.

[quote name='Robobandit']Jade Empire was a great game, I guess it isn't selling well among the casual gamers (the ones that played through KoTOR because it was starwars) I guess the large amounts of dialog bored a lot of people, but they were my favorite parts of the game.[/QUOTE]

yer right. after playing Kotor 1, I was sick of the Bioware formula

[quote name='swetooth9']when did the new guides drop to penny guides? and do you have a link to which guides?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Go hit your Best Buy . . . look for Doom 3 and Forza (recent drops) as well.

We have a whole thread devoted to us sick, sick losers who drive immediately to get penny guides.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50515

the thread is maintained very well by floormat . . . the front page has a master list.

You'll see that the JE guide dropped on the 4th of July . . . I got a couple on the 5th :)

the latest pages contain all our efforts to scour the shelves.

BTW, the chances of getting a guide that dropped a month ago are pretty low (but some BBs that don't have CAG hawks nearby seem to hold them for awhile).

[quote name='Graystone']I got wait about 3 weeks for my next paycheck. And by then the sale will be over. It will be 20 soon.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you buy it on credit?

I think Jade Empire is an excellent game. You feel much more "in control" than KOTOR, due mainly to the real-time combat.

[quote name='Tricky']The regular edition is $25 at Sam's Club B&M.[/QUOTE]

spotted it for $15 at my local sam's (richmond, va)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back