Bring back Call for Help on G4TechTv. PLEASE sign this petition

I have no idea. I just figured that signing it could not hurt. It just pisses me off that G4TV is going to completly destroy TechTv come this Friday.

[quote name='y2jrevolution']I have no idea. I just figured that signing it could not hurt. It just pisses me off that G4TV is going to completly destroy TechTv come this Friday.[/quote]

From what I saw on G4TV, I really liked it except for all the damn re-runs it showed. I watch a few shows on TechTV, like XPlay, but I'm kinda happy to see the merger. It means I can finally watch G4TV again.

I just hope they keep some of the good shows on Tech TV, though.

I LOVE TECHTV. ITS LITERALLY THE ONLY CHANNEL I WATCH. I GET OUT OF WORK AT 1AM AND WATCH ANIME UNLEASHED THEN XPLAY AND THEN UNSCREWD AND THEN WATCH SCREENSAVERS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK AT 2:30PM. BUT I NEVER THOUGHT SOMEONE LIKED LEO LAPORTES RETARDED ANTICS. WHY IS HE ALWAYS SO EXCITED. ALL THE HELP SHOULD BE LEFT TO KEVIN AND THE GANG ON SCREENSAVERS. BESIDES SARAHS MUCH HOTTER THAN CAT. IM KINDA GLAD THERE GETTING RID OF THE SHOW. NOW THEY NEED TO REMOVE ROBOT WARS AND IM SET. GOD WHAT A HORRID SHOW. NOTHING WORSE THAN SEEING RETARDED ROBOTS FLING AND SAW OTHER ROBOTS TO DEATH AND HEAR ROTTED TEETH ENGLISH FOOLS GET SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. SERIOUSLY, WATCH THE SHOW AND LOOK AT THE CROWD. HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEM TO ACTY LIKE SUCH A-HOLES. FINALLY A PERFECT CHANNEL IS BEING BORN ON THE 28TH. I CRAPPED MY PANTS WHEN I HEARD SUCH GREAT NEWS.

I dunno.. Xplay seems fake to me.. I mean I have seen some reviews of games on their show, and it reminds me of back in the day when a show would only push it's sponsor's items like mad. Kinda like "LOOK! it's crap on a stick, the best game hands down you can get and look at that screen. Also by the way this segmant was brought to you by Nabe-Soft (excel saga) the makers of crap on a stick coming to a console near you." It also seems like the X play people (Morgan and that guy) are fairly clueless and omly seem to speak right off the cue cards.. I dunno, maybe g4 can help that..

I don't see why we need Call for Help when we have Screensavers, I never saw the difference. And about the comment about Morgan and Adam reading straight from the cue cards, that's what they're supposed to do, they're show hosts!!! But, I think they do actually think up what they say when they're responding to viewer mail.

like i have said in the other post that is almost identical to this one, there are 40 million something people that will have G4TechTv. having a petition with 100 names on it isnt gonna do shit. you'd have to have atleast 20 million to do something.

[quote name='rickybee2003']I LOVE TECHTV. ITS LITERALLY THE ONLY CHANNEL I WATCH. I GET OUT OF WORK AT 1AM AND WATCH ANIME UNLEASHED THEN XPLAY AND THEN UNSCREWD AND THEN WATCH SCREENSAVERS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK AT 2:30PM. BUT I NEVER THOUGHT SOMEONE LIKED LEO LAPORTES RETARDED ANTICS. WHY IS HE ALWAYS SO EXCITED. ALL THE HELP SHOULD BE LEFT TO KEVIN AND THE GANG ON SCREENSAVERS. BESIDES SARAHS MUCH HOTTER THAN CAT. IM KINDA GLAD THERE GETTING RID OF THE SHOW. NOW THEY NEED TO REMOVE ROBOT WARS AND IM SET. GOD WHAT A HORRID SHOW. NOTHING WORSE THAN SEEING RETARDED ROBOTS FLING AND SAW OTHER ROBOTS TO DEATH AND HEAR ROTTED TEETH ENGLISH FOOLS GET SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. SERIOUSLY, WATCH THE SHOW AND LOOK AT THE CROWD. HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEM TO ACTY LIKE SUCH A-HOLES. FINALLY A PERFECT CHANNEL IS BEING BORN ON THE 28TH. I CRAPPED MY PANTS WHEN I HEARD SUCH GREAT NEWS.[/quote]

Easy on the caps there, Cabeza de Vaca.

I LOVE TECHTV. ITS LITERALLY THE ONLY CHANNEL I WATCH. I GET OUT OF WORK AT 1AM AND WATCH ANIME UNLEASHED THEN XPLAY AND THEN UNSCREWD AND THEN WATCH SCREENSAVERS BEFORE I LEAVE FOR WORK AT 2:30PM. BUT I NEVER THOUGHT SOMEONE LIKED LEO LAPORTES RETARDED ANTICS. WHY IS HE ALWAYS SO EXCITED. ALL THE HELP SHOULD BE LEFT TO KEVIN AND THE GANG ON SCREENSAVERS. BESIDES SARAHS MUCH HOTTER THAN CAT. IM KINDA GLAD THERE GETTING RID OF THE SHOW. NOW THEY NEED TO REMOVE ROBOT WARS AND IM SET. GOD WHAT A HORRID SHOW. NOTHING WORSE THAN SEEING RETARDED ROBOTS FLING AND SAW OTHER ROBOTS TO DEATH AND HEAR ROTTED TEETH ENGLISH FOOLS GET SO EXCITED ABOUT IT. SERIOUSLY, WATCH THE SHOW AND LOOK AT THE CROWD. HOW MUCH DO THEY PAY THEM TO ACTY LIKE SUCH A-HOLES. FINALLY A PERFECT CHANNEL IS BEING BORN ON THE 28TH. I CRAPPED MY PANTS WHEN I HEARD SUCH GREAT NEWS.

looks like ricky just discovered a new key on the keyboard. Can you guess which one he found?

[quote name='BigNick']I should start the never bring back any tech tv programs petition.[/quote]

I'll sign that. 8)

[quote name='Cracka']

looks like ricky just discovered a new key on the keyboard. Can you guess which one he found?[/quote]

Lemme guess, call for help taught you about that key?

[quote name='"XboxMaster"']I don't see why we need Call for Help when we have Screensavers, I never saw the difference. And about the comment about Morgan and Adam reading straight from the cue cards, that's what they're supposed to do, they're show hosts!!! But, I think they do actually think up what they say when they're responding to viewer mail.[/quote]

I understand they are show hosts, but you think they could have an opinion one something that isn't handed to them by a cue card manufactured by a sponsor. I mean have an opinion and a real one at that. But i guess it's different when you have a show and have to kiss the butt of makers of crappy games and praise said crappy games, cause those makers are $$ backing your show. That's why I like mags instead. Most of them (not 1st party mags etc) have opinions and will tell you what the hell is wrong with said game to the point that you won't waste 39-50.00 on it. I dunno, I guess we will never see a truly opinionated game show dedicated to showing the best and trashing the crap.. Madness I tell you, Madness... I need a Ho-Ho and some Shasta...

OOH LOOK CAPS. IM 3 YEARS OLD I LIKE CAPS. I GUESS YOU DIDNT READ MY POST BUT I HATE CALL FOR HELP. AND OH YEAH....IF YOU DONT LIKE MY CAPS DO SOMETHING BOUT IT SUCKA. WHAT! THATS RIGHT, SIT DOWN FOOL. AND NO I AM NOT A COWHEAD BUT JUDGING BY YOUR PIC I BET TU QUERE PINGA NEGRO EN TU CULITO.

it was a decent show but this is what Leo has said himself:

Vinnie Longobardo, the VP Programming for G4, also asked me to ask you to stop filling his inbox with mail. I appreciate your efforts but at this point it's probably useless to keep harassing the poor guy. G4 is going for a different audience and my work is not really part of those plans. I understand that - I even agree with them. It's time for all of us to move on.

from this URL: http://leo.typepad.com/tlr/2004/05/last_call.html#comments

really think g4 is a waste of time....Ever since i saw their review show, featuring that Tommy Tallarico dude, I knew the whole network was a piece of crap... served fresh for real gamers. ^^

"But i guess it's different when you have a show and have to kiss the butt of makers of crappy games and praise said crappy games, cause those makers are $$ backing your show."

Okay, I'll bite: Exactly which crappy games did X-Play praise on their show? And were the game makers sponsors of the show? Put up or shut up time. I'm sorry, but their review tend to be dead-on in my experience, and I can not recall a crappy game that they gave a good review. Please, prove me wrong!

nah, sorry i wasnt clearer...The way they seemed to justify the reviews of the games, and talked about them was a bit haph hazard at most. I didnt say anything about praising the wrong games, or crappy games. I only hated the host so much that it made me turn away from g4. He was the biggest turn off to the network that made me hate it. ANd im not the only one who agrees. He doesnt know how to review games for crap. Its not a rant, its true. TOmmy at times judged games not on gameplay, graphics, sound or any other reason. Hed just say, 'I dont like it.' for no reason, letting personal preferences come in the way of professionalism, in several instances- Its the first time i realized that one or two people could ruin a viewers experience. It wasnt about the final score, mr. abates.

As for G4, it was good at first, i enjoyed it, but the network seemed to be running out of ideas, and fresh content after several months.

Thus the reruns....endless reruns. Several shows introduced later were so pointless (like that terrible punk'd ripoff theyd run during the night) that they made me wonder- am i getting much out of watching this? Am i learning anything about the videogame industry through reruns and utterly pointless shows? Like a loaf of fresh bread left out, it got stale.

Point being, g4 was good, now its going downhill.

Hope you understand.

Personally I like the Judgement Day show (that's the one Eclipse is dissing) Yeah Tommy somtimes obsesses on a specific (lots of time trivial) hangup to justify a bad score. But to me that's just his way of being entertaining. (I can see where this wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but it doesn't really bother me too much.) I remember he slammed Viewtiful Joe for having a crappy title for example. As for their bottom line scores they seem to be close to my personal tastes for the most part.

One thing I love about Tommy is he really talks about if the game was actually fun or not. Game might have great graphics, sound, etc, but if for some reason it just doesn't pull off the fun factor IHO he will rip it.

And as for Call For Help, I lik the show well enough, but I really doubt an online pettition is ever going to change anything.

Eclipse, I was actually responding to KingNES, who specifically stated that Adam and Morgan bias their reviews based on who is sponsoring the show. I just wanted a little support for that statement, that's all.

[quote name='abates17']"But i guess it's different when you have a show and have to kiss the butt of makers of crappy games and praise said crappy games, cause those makers are $$ backing your show."

Okay, I'll bite: Exactly which crappy games did X-Play praise on their show? And were the game makers sponsors of the show? Put up or shut up time. I'm sorry, but their review tend to be dead-on in my experience, and I can not recall a crappy game that they gave a good review. Please, prove me wrong![/quote]

They bashed jedi knight 2 into the ground while other sites praised it. I liked it alot too.

bread's done
Back