Need Video Card for Emachine T6410

gamegeizer

CAG Veteran
I just bought a emachine T6410 it runs AMD cpu 3200, 512 3200 ram,it has an PCI express open slot.One dvd/cd reader burner./MSI motherboard/Seagate 160 GB Hard drive. Emachine are now made by Gateway. One of the weak points of the system is the 300 w PSU. I don't want to replace the PSU. So I would need a video card that would support 300 W PSU. I paid $ 449.00 with a flat screen 17 CRT. INstant rebates so no waiting ! 18 months to pay at best buy.
Any ideas.
Thanks,
Gamegeizer

Leadtek Winfast PX6600GT TDH. Great card. Can be had for less than $140 if you shop around. And it will work just fine with a 300w PSU.

That's not a bad deal you got, btw.. Do you know what brand/type of motherboard you have in there?

The emachine has a MSI RS480m motherboard. I will try out the video card. thanks for the information. Gamers are starting to buy emachines and up grade. The T6520 has a GIG of 3200 ram 200 GB hard drice dvd/ burner and a cd/burner. Plus AMD 3400. It sell for $ 549.99 after $ 50.00 rebate.
Thanks.
Gamegeizer

[quote name='gamegeizer']The emachine has a MSI RS480m motherboard. I will try out the video card. thanks for the information. Gamers are starting to buy emachines and up grade. The T6520 has a GIG of 3200 ram 200 GB hard drice dvd/ burner and a cd/burner. Plus AMD 3400. It sell for $ 549.99 after $ 50.00 rebate.
Thanks.
Gamegeizer[/QUOTE]

Crazily enough, that's not a bad mobo! MSI RS480M-IL.

You said this getup was only $449? Great deal!

Also.. you MAY want to buy another set of 256 ram sticks (for 512 mb total). Having only 512 of ram nowadays will severely cripple your system. Check out www.pricewatch.com for some RAM price comparisons.

Hey gamegeizer, may I ask how you went about getting that deal? Im looking to buy the same machine. Thanks for any help.

It was two weeks ago at Best Buy , I'm sure they will repeat it. The product model # was T6209 emachine.(Packed in one box by emachine) It included a flat screen 17" CRT and computer T6209 It has exactly the same specs as the model # T6410. The sales man told me that emachine loses money on this unit. It is a sales promo they do every year for students. And it was a small blip in their flyer. When I pointed out the model in the flyer nobody knew what I talking about until I showed them the model in the flyer. They did some checking and found the unit.

I ordered a Nvidia 6600gt pci express card from newegg. I haven't received it yet. I also have ordered a 430w power supply to handle the card. I did some research the video card, from what i can tell needs 300w to support card. The MSI MB requires at least 350w power supply.I would rather be safe than sorry. I can monitor the heat of my case through the bios . This will be my first attemp at replacing a power supply. I feel confident it will be easy to do. The next time I will build my own. Inexpensive computers at your local stores are old technogly ( outdated systems )( I checked everywhere) It may be ok for surfing or a term paper, but not for gaming.
Be wise and build your own. I'm up to about $ 700.00 so far. You can build a decent gaming machine that will run Doom, Hl2, Far Cry, at high settings for $900.00.
When I'm finished i will have a decent gamer, but i belive I could have done much better building myself.

bread's done
Back