- - - - -

old EBGames thread 8/10-10/4

#1741 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   5000 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:30 PM

Someone please give this game a good home.

I hope some hoarder reads this and breaks down in tears.

#1742 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 14 September 2005 - 01:31 AM

Is getting complete DC games pretty much a crap shoot? I'd like to pick up Crazy Taxi 2, but don't want it if it's not complete (most of the times that doesn't matter, but ALL of my other DC items are complete).

daroga

I have only ordered one DC game so far, but it came today and was complete. My Lunar 2 came with the original case and case inserts though. Ah well, it was a one and a million shot anyways.

#1743 GreenMonkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GreenMonkey

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:18 AM

normally I see you the only one that even posts the RPGs if they are in and I assume you wait until you checkout before you post a link.

slidecage just lurks a lot :p

I was lurking for the morning updates every day for a few weeks, but my PS1 RPGs all came disc only (0/5), I got kind of disgruntled. I started carefully watching ebay auctions instead and setting low snipes on them. I also started wandering around the places that carry used games more.

I got a complete mint Kartia off ebay (looks like the seller got the new insert/manual from Atlus and a new jewel case) for $11.06 + $6 shipping that way...unlike my instruction-manual less Kartia I have laying on the shelf...FF tactics GBA complete for $14.99 shipped...

As far as Dreamcast goes, after hearing good things about getting it complete, I threw Shenmue into my order the other day. It showed up today, complete, mint. FYI. 1/1

#1744 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:23 AM

I was lurking for the morning updates, but my PS1 RPGs all came disc only (0/5), I got kind of disgruntled. I started carefully watching ebay auctions instead and setting low snipes on them. I also started wandering around the places that carry used games more.

I got a complete mint Kartia off ebay (looks like new inserts from Atlus and a new jewel case) for $17.06 shipped that way...unlike my instruction-manual less Kartia I have laying on the shelf...FF tactics GBA complete for $14.99 shipped...

As far as Dreamcast goes, after hearing good things about getting it complete, I threw Shenmue into my order the other day. It showed up today, complete, mint. FYI. 1/1

You can get cases and manuals from the Atlus store:
http://www.atlus.com/store.html

Or you can go through tradelists here and offer people what you're comfortable paying.

#1745 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 14 September 2005 - 09:30 AM

Or you can go through tradelists here and offer people what you're comfortable paying.

I just bought two sets of manuals and inserts for my disc-only Guilty Gears - thank you Atlus for doing that. Too bad more companies don't do the same.

And for anyone looking for complete PS1 games, especially RPGs, make a list of what you want, use Gamestop.com' s finder to see if what ones are in-stock at your local stores, and then make the trip. You would be amazed at the kind of complete and mint/near mint games you'll find!

#1746 GreenMonkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GreenMonkey

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:34 AM

I didn't have enough manuals worth ordering IMO and I didn't have a double disc case for Kartia. Figured I would just ebay/trade it at some point, it was kind of an impulse ebay snipe.

And for anyone looking for complete PS1 games, especially RPGs, make a list of what you want, use Gamestop.com' s finder to see if what ones are in-stock at your local stores, and then make the trip. You would be amazed at the kind of complete and mint/near mint games you'll find!

My closest Gamestop is a bunch of fucking hoarders, they had a copy of Lunar SSS behind the counter for weeks, I kept calling and they said "no we don't have it". I went in one morning and the lady working the morning shift said "I'm sorry it's being reserved for an employee, yeah..." Fucking hoarders. Either buy the damn game or not, don't hoard it behind the counter. The other one in Saginaw is better but they rarely get any good games in, and it's a 40+ mile round trip unless I have time between classes while I'm in town (doesn't happen often). :cry: My local mom n' pop is way better, I got Lunar 2 complete there about 2-3 years ago for $35. :D

I've picked up a few things that way, mostly complete GBA RPGs since I bought my DS. Soooo many bootlegs on ebay :cry:

#1747 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:44 AM

My closest Gamestop is a bunch of fucking hoarders, they had a copy of Lunar SSS behind the counter for weeks, I kept calling and they said "no we don't have it". I went in one morning and the lady working the morning shift said "I'm sorry it's being reserved for an employee, yeah..." Fucking hoarders. Either buy the damn game or not, don't hoard it behind the counter. The other one in Saginaw is better but they rarely get any good games in, and it's a 40+ mile round trip unless I have time between classes while I'm in town (doesn't happen often). :cry: My local mom n' pop is way better, I got Lunar 2 complete there about 2-3 years ago for $35. :D

That's too bad, because I just made a killing doing a GS run last week, which started with me walking into one and getting Lunar 1 and 2 complete for $70 total and ended with a mint, complete Tactics Ogre for $35. ^___^

But I do wish I had some more M & Ps to shop at though - I only know of one real good one, and it's like 1 1/2 hours away. =\

#1748 GreenMonkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GreenMonkey

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:53 AM

That's too bad, because I just made a killing doing a GS run last week, which started with me walking into one and getting Lunar 1 and 2 complete for $70 total and ended with a mint, complete Tactics Ogre for $35. ^___^

But I do wish I had some more M & Ps to shop at though - I only know of one real good one, and it's like 1 1/2 hours away. =\

Our one in Midland is good, nice old guy runs it with his wife, he does flea markets on the weekend. The one in Saginaw, the guy way overcharges for stuff ($60 for Chrono Trigger cartridge, I can do better than that on ebay!) and is always going on about mod chips and downloading music and crap. And all 2-3 of the guys that work the store insist that all video hookups are all the same, they say a good RF hookup is just as good as s-video, they sell all the systems with RF boxes. I tossed my Xbox RF box somewhere, stupid RF. Whatever, obviously they aren't looking at my 100" screen. :-s

Sometimes we run through there on the way to Ann Arbor to see indie/small release movies. Last run I got Vandal Hearts 2 guide for $6, Illusion of Gaia for $6.50, and barely turned down Shadowrun for SNES for

#1749 Dr Mario Kart   SD/2D Defense Force CAGiversary!   10953 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Dr Mario Kart

Posted 14 September 2005 - 10:55 AM

I was thinking there should be a B&M Policy that revolves an employee not being able to buy or reserve a used game for a length of time after it comes in (lets say, 3 days to a week). Sure, they could have someone come in and buy it for them, but it would require more work on their part, and they wouldnt be able to get an employee discount. I missed out on TWO copies of Rhapsody in one day, because of employees (back when it was rare)

#1750 David Hibiki   You must be tired... CAGiversary!   11475 Posts   Joined 15.3 Years Ago  

David Hibiki

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:05 AM

Yeah let's screw employees out of their few benefits that they actually get.

#1751 doctorfaustus   Booknerd CAGiversary!   2029 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

doctorfaustus

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:07 AM

I was thinking there should be a B&M Policy that revolves an employee not being able to buy or reserve a used game for a length of time after it comes in (lets say, 3 days to a week). Sure, they could have someone come in and buy it for them, but it would require more work on their part, and they wouldnt be able to get an employee discount. I missed out on TWO copies of Rhapsody in one day, because of employees (back when it was rare)

Yeah, although when it comes to issues like that I have to wonder, would I do the same thing (hold on to a rare find) if I were in the similar situation?

Waiting for update here.

#1752 soulwish2003   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

soulwish2003

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:15 AM

I think its a combination of the updates being less than stellar and the fact that people dont seem to be posting what they find anymore.

Most people just want mint condition PS1 RPG's for cheap. I'm not, so I stopped posting my finds.

#1753 bostonfrontier  

bostonfrontier

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:18 AM

updating

#1754 The_Continental   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

The_Continental

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:20 AM

wizardry - good one

http://www.ebgames.c...no=6&nooftens=1

#1755 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29325 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:21 AM

wizardry - good one

http://www.ebgames.c...no=6&nooftens=1

i been selling those for 10 and was lucky to sellt hem

#1756 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:22 AM

Holy shaq-fu! http://www.ebgames.c...duct/164839.asp

6 in stock right now.

#1757 The_Continental   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1195 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

The_Continental

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:23 AM

$10 shipped complete?

I'd be all over that! Got any left?

i been selling those for 10 and was lucky to sellt hem

#1758 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29325 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:23 AM

$10 shipped complete?

I'd be all over that! Got any left?

nope i just sold my last night monday night

#1759 escapekey   I like the taste! CAGiversary!   441 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

escapekey

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:24 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/192369.asp

#1760 vietgurl   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2009 Posts   Joined 13.6 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:24 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/192369.asp

is this game any good?

#1761 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29325 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

i had a kirby superstar until it got pulled other then that nothing

#1762 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:26 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/202011.asp

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/182650.asp

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/183332.asp

Too bad this doesn't seem to have a "KISS Saves Santa" bonus level. :P

#1763 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:30 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/118503.asp

#1764 argyle   Mr. Lucky CAGiversary!   6393 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

KISS Psycho Circus wasn't worth the .99 I paid for it a few years back. I was morbidly curious about it & figured I'd get at least some entertainment value from it - I was wrong. :puke:

#1765 iammeiam   WIIIIIIIIIIIII CAGiversary!   222 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

iammeiam

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:31 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/167997.asp

#1766 Logain8955   Groovy Cactuar CAGiversary!   2383 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

KISS Psycho Circus wasn't worth the .99 I paid for it a few years back. I was morbidly curious about it & figured I'd get at least some entertainment value from it - I was wrong. :puke:

hehe, I know it's utter crap. I just saw it and couldn't resist a Family Guy reference.

#1767 DJSteel   is back. CAGiversary!   3371 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:33 AM

is this game any good?

it's above average...and on the DC that means its a must buy...

#1768 wannabepunktony   And I'm Ghost Like Swayze CAGiversary!   852 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

wannabepunktony

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:35 AM

I was hoping for an excuse to buy some crappy games in hope of getting double jewel cases, but alas, I will have to wait.

#1769 GreenMonkey   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   754 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

GreenMonkey

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

Lodoss War is based off the Lodoss War anime world. From what I hear it's a Diablo clone, and it got above average scores (76 on metacritic, 75 on gamerankings).

PS I saw FFIII in stock and ordered. Tired of the loading on the PS1 remakes.

#1770 whitereflection   Shake well before serving CAGiversary!   5187 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

whitereflection

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:37 AM

is this game any good?

That's a fucking great game; it's one of my favorites for DC. It's like Diablo but less repetitive, and it requires more strategy IMO. E.g.: You could go for iron plated boots instead of leather for the defense boost, but they're also louder (to attract enemies) and makes you slower. It has a good-enough storyline to keep you intrigued, and the only bad thing about the game is there'll be a lot of slow-down when you fight multiple enemies, and some of the areas are really drab.