- - - - -

old EBGames thread 8/10-10/4

#2071 fatherofcaitlyn   Der Uber Hoarder CAGiversary!   7155 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

fatherofcaitlyn

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:38 PM

It costs $1 to have a disc cleaned at the local GC. Unless there are major defects, it usually does the trick.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#2072 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:40 PM

you know.. I just bought a bunch of cheap games from them (xIII, matrix, intellivision, dynasty warriors 2, amped, spin jam, sol divide) and they are all in like new condition. (i even got a 2 month live card in one of them) and i've only ever had 2 games not work for me and it just wasn't worth me sending back to them (Rogue squadron for 64 and tony hawk 2 for PSX)

and not a bad update.. been getting better than usual

Well, I wouldn't send it back to ebgames.com, but I also do my best to buy games that are available in my local store. Only game that actually hasn't worked is Soul Calibur 2, got that exchanged. And I exchanged Lost Kingdoms a couple weeks ago, that thing looked beat to hell. I think I lucked out on Summoner, since its not really available anywhere else, the disc just has some swirls on it, which won't likely be a problem, and case and manual are in pretty good shape.

#2073 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:41 PM

It costs $1 to have a disc cleaned at the local GC. Unless there are major defects, it usually does the trick.

Hmm... that's good to know.

#2074 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:42 PM

I didn;t know you can take them to GS to have them cleaned. Thanks for the heads up.

#2075 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 01:59 PM

I wish this would come out for the Dreamcast!

The sequel did, its called Project Justice.

#2076 soulwish2003   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

soulwish2003

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:08 PM

Fuck ebgames.com. I'm sick of getting used games in the mail that are defective. Kids, make sure you play your used games all the way through within 30 days. You'd be surprised to learn that most of these games start fucking up when you get to the later levels.

Guaranteed to work is a load of horseshit. Someone needs to break out a class action on these fools.

added to ignore list

#2077 Theenternal   CAG got me pregnant CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Theenternal

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:21 PM

Thats why I just return/exchange games if I don't like the look of the disc (since I have a feeling B&M usually at least puts the game in the system to test it), whether or not it works for the ten minutes I play it out of the box. And if it fucks up later... I guess I'll have to rely on the wonders of cleaning/resurfacing.

I've only had one defective, and it was only 1.69 because i wanted free shipping. The disc is clean, but game just won't load.. the game is "Loaded" btw for the psx :lol:

maybe ill pay the dollar to get it cleaned... hehh
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#2078 Staraang21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Staraang21

Posted 22 September 2005 - 02:28 PM

i've had two defective copies of Marvel vs. Capcom for PS1 sent to me. both discs look fine but they just don't work.

#2079 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   4998 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

i've had two defective copies of Marvel vs. Capcom for PS1 sent to me. both discs look fine but they just don't work.

I got this game "Air Hockey" and while the disc looked to be in absolutely flawless condition (probably a new game they had to sell as used, it looked THAT good) it simply would not load. Tried it in a PS2, PS1, and a PS1 emulator on my computer - I was asked to "please insert a Playstation format disc" every time. A local B&M store took it back, actually they refunded the full price rather than the discounted price I had paid (their computers are screwy like that but I won't complain).

76561198000383649.png

#2080 botticus   GHM4Life CAGiversary!   16519 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:03 PM

I got this game "Air Hockey" and while the disc looked to be in absolutely flawless condition (probably a new game they had to sell as used, it looked THAT good) it simply would not load. Tried it in a PS2, PS1, and a PS1 emulator on my computer - I was asked to "please insert a Playstation format disc" every time. A local B&M store took it back, actually they refunded the full price rather than the discounted price I had paid (their computers are screwy like that but I won't complain).

Heh, their system can't interact with the online packing slips at all, so its all manual. Of the two games I've exchanged, one they scanned in the game itself to give me 17.99 back and then scanned the game again to charge me 17.99. The other they just refunded me 8.06 (which then gave me 8.66 after tax :P) and charged me 8.06 for the new copy.

And yes, I'm so cheap I was excited about getting 60 cents out of the deal.

#2081 Staraang21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Staraang21

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:15 PM

i'm kinda stuck with these discs because i didn't bother testing them till way after i bought them. not to mention i can't find the receipt.

#2082 onikage   鬼の影 CAGiversary!   4405 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:26 PM

damn very minor I guess or i missed everything by 7:15 EST

It was very minor, you didn't miss anything.

#2083 DaleNixon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   95 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

DaleNixon

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:44 PM

added to ignore list

:cry:

#2084 BustaUppa   what it is right now CAGiversary!   4998 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:46 PM

i'm kinda stuck with these discs because i didn't bother testing them till way after i bought them. not to mention i can't find the receipt.

That sucks :-( I barely have the time to play my "current" games, so I can't exactly play though every old PS1 disc I get from EB. What I do though is just spend like 5 minutes with each one, just to make sure it loads up and that it actually makes it through the intro to the playable part without a hitch. This is after checking for any obvious defects on the surface of the disc. If I see a crack on the center ring I don't even bother; that sucker's going right back to the store. But even if the disc looks fine I'll give it the five minute test... in my experience it's been kind of surprising to see which discs don't load. The games I've got that didn't load always had decent-looking discs, so I will ALWAYS test out anything used.

76561198000383649.png

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 22 September 2005 - 03:47 PM

When you have them cleaned at Gamecrazy, make sure you check out the disc after they are done and get a receipt!! A noob employee can easily Fuck up a disc with their machine

#2086 Staraang21   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   994 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Staraang21

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

That sucks :-( I barely have the time to play my "current" games, so I can't exactly play though every old PS1 disc I get from EB. What I do though is just spend like 5 minutes with each one, just to make sure it loads up and that it actually makes it through the intro to the playable part without a hitch. This is after checking for any obvious defects on the surface of the disc. If I see a crack on the center ring I don't even bother; that sucker's going right back to the store. But even if the disc looks fine I'll give it the five minute test... in my experience it's been kind of surprising to see which discs don't load. The games I've got that didn't load always had decent-looking discs, so I will ALWAYS test out anything used.

yeah lesson learned. i'm baffled that near mint discs would not work.

#2087 dafoomie   dafoomie CAGiversary!   8822 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:21 PM

Fuck ebgames.com. I'm sick of getting used games in the mail that are defective. Kids, make sure you play your used games all the way through within 30 days. You'd be surprised to learn that most of these games start fucking up when you get to the later levels.

Guaranteed to work is a load of horseshit. Someone needs to break out a class action on these fools.

The disc condition at the website can vary greatly, have to inspect the disc immediately when you get it. I don't mind so much since I can just exchange or return it at a local EB B&M.

If cleaning the disc doesn't work, and you can't return it anymore, you could always have the disc resurfaced for about $3-$5. They usually have these machines at used cd or game shops, more the mom and pop places than the big chains. Not a little hand held disc doctor that'll ruin the disc, but a professional resurfacing machine, they work great.

#2088 geepgal   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   462 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:31 PM

I didn;t know you can take them to GS to have them cleaned. Thanks for the heads up.

Gamecrazy, not gamestop. FYI. (Unless that was just a slip of the fingers.)

#2089 schultzed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4932 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 04:51 PM

Just to clarify it is Game Crazy that has the disc refinishing machine. It's a dollar if you buy a card for 5 cleanings. And this is not like the mickey mouse machines that you can buy but an industrial strength job.

#2090 fatherofcaitlyn   Der Uber Hoarder CAGiversary!   7155 Posts   Joined 13.0 Years Ago  

fatherofcaitlyn

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:08 PM

Game Crazy, not GameStop.

EDIT: Schultzed is right on the money. I've had about 150 games cleaned at Game Crazy. Depending on who cleans the game and how badly damaged the game is, I may not be charged.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#2091 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:16 PM

The sequel did, its called Project Justice.

I meant that I wish Project Justice would come out on the EB Morning Update for the Dreamcast...Sorry!

#2092 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:19 PM

Gamecrazy, not gamestop. FYI. (Unless that was just a slip of the fingers.)

I misread the post...Sorry for the confusion! :oops:

#2093 Kuma   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2450 Posts   Joined 13.7 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2005 - 07:46 PM

goddamnit, i missed Rival Schools again!

mgs.jpg

"Designed By Lilchiji"

#2094 urzishra14   Who are you? I'm Batman. CAGiversary!   2385 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

urzishra14

Posted 23 September 2005 - 12:20 AM

Well, I wouldn't send it back to ebgames.com, but I also do my best to buy games that are available in my local store. Only game that actually hasn't worked is Soul Calibur 2, got that exchanged. And I exchanged Lost Kingdoms a couple weeks ago, that thing looked beat to hell. I think I lucked out on Summoner, since its not really available anywhere else, the disc just has some swirls on it, which won't likely be a problem, and case and manual are in pretty good shape.

well the "local store" for me is about an hours drive away.. so if i get a bad disc I have to send it back.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#2095 Theenternal   CAG got me pregnant CAGiversary!   2548 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Theenternal

Posted 23 September 2005 - 07:38 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/117260.asp

1.49 after DC

Only one left, first time ive seen this in the cheapy section.

I got this back in the day for 19.99. Somewhat slow story and gameplay..but the storyline was good from what I remember after finishing it. I traded it along with criticom to reserve FF7

btw, is this game uncommon? I dont see any u.s copies on ebay completed or current, and non using the cag-o-matic search?
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#2096 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29321 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:14 AM

no clue why im up only 1 game im looking for and 99.9 % they wont have it
WOOOO I STINK

#2097 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

no clue why im up only 1 game im looking for and 99.9 % they wont have it

Which game?

#2098 soulwish2003   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1459 Posts   Joined 14.1 Years Ago  

soulwish2003

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:20 AM

Which game?

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/186333.asp

???

#2099 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:20 AM

Check out this section...

http://www.ebgames.c...pages/gizmondo/

#2100 Number83   ¡oɹq 'ʎɹoʇs ןooɔ CAGiversary!   10514 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 23 September 2005 - 11:21 AM

http://www.ebgames.c...duct/186333.asp

???

ZING!!!:lol: